What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Recoverpoint is perfect for shops with EMC Arrays that need to replicate from array to array at decent speeds. It is also perfect for environments that have VMware SRM and need failover/failback functionality of VMs in near realtime.
- EMC recoverpoint does it's core functions of DVR like replication extremely well. It integrates perfectly with VMware vsphere and SRM and is relatively simple to configure.
- EMC recoverpoint handles failover and failback very well, either manually or through the SRM interface.
- EMC recoverpoint physical is relatively easy to run once installed and configured!!
- The Journal space that recoverpoint needs may need to be adjusted and so a lot of space is needed at both sites, production or DR, to accommodate for longer periods of DVR like recording. Failover testing may run out of capacity for long periods of time.
- Recoverpoint requires clustering of nodes that can only be done by EMC support.
- Recoverpoint requires that splitter devices exist for all protected arrays. VNX, VMAX, and XIO all have various degrees of integration of the splitter hardware and lose features, with VNX being the strongest in featureset.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
Zerto was selected to compete against recoverpoint.. Zerto was a virtual solution that doesn't work for physical solutions. Recoverpoint was chosen over Zerto because of the need to replicate and protect physical systems, versus just VMs. Zerto is under strong consideration as the environment is becoming more virtualize through the next few months.
Return on Investment
- Recoverpoint allowed the Business to have DR capabilities across a multitude of EMC arrays. It allowed the centralization of VM's to be protected across environments both locally as well as remotely.
- Recoverpoint can bring RTO down to minutes and can keep RPOs down to quickly restorable levels as well.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?