What users are saying about
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.6 out of 101
Based on 317 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Gainsight is great if there are multiple data sources that aren't easily viewed in a combined way or if users do not have access to all these data sources. Gainsight provides a way to get this information into one area that is easy to view by anyone that is involved with the account. It also allows for data back to other systems like Salesforce which is important for contributors that may not be in Customer Success. Gainsight is helpful for automation as well as building scenarios with a specific goal in mind - all of which helps with scaling across segments.In other areas, Gainsight can be harder for users to adopt if they are used to different workflows like working from support cases or direct email. It also doesn't have much machine learning that would increase the ability to automate workflows. If your product isn't true SaaS you can't make as much use of some of the areas of Gainsight that work well with usage data. Gainsight is also good for workflows that produce an output - an email, a survey, etc. - but not as good with taking inputs from customers.
Feature Rating Comparison
Role-based user permissions
Integration with Salesforce.com
Integration with Marketo
Integration with Eloqua
Help desk / support tickets
Customer health scoring
Customer health trends
- Pushing 'to do' items out to our CSM team both by rules/filtering customer criteria or by uploading hand-picked lists of customers for special projects. Their Cockpit gives our CSMs a single place to go to see all of the action items for the day, week, etc. They can be grouped by type, due date or priority which allows each of our CSMs to customize their view and work how they work and prioritize best.
- Dashboards are incredibly easy to build and allow management a visual insight into our customer data. Any data we can create a report on we can add to a dashboard. Global filters have been a HUGE addition, allowing us to quickly filter an entire dashboard by CSM or Team Manager with very little effort.
- Gainsight's Timeline feature is a key component of our Gainsight usage. It was incredibly easy to roll out to our team initially and adoption has been great. The new Global timeline was a much needed addition which now allows us to see all timeline entries in one place and filter by CSM or account very easily.
- Customer support is top notch! Their support platform allows us to very easily submit requests, track its status and email communication back and forth with the support team is quick and easy.
- Gainsight's Rules Engine grows more powerful and capable over time but has become more complex and unintuitive to use.
- The mass communications platform has become our primary choice due to the native Salesforce functionality it offers, but survey functionality still has room to grow to allow for better forking of questions and translation of UI options, which would improve ease of use.
- Gainsight has much room for improvement in the area of consulting meaningfully with clients on best implementations in given industries and sectors. They could do a better job by focusing on bucketing customers and thoughtfully designing industry-specific approaches rather than providing a very basic setup and letting clients struggle to build an effective platform from there.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 13 answers
There's no product or usage reason I gave this a 9 instead of a 10 - but I don't personally control the budget. :) Our original plan was to purchase small, prove the value, and then expand use and visibility to other parts of the organization, and that is still on track.
Based on 11 answers
Gainsight is a very comprehensive solution perpetually adding capabilities. The only challenges in usability come with the wide scope of capabilities.
Based on 1 answer
There are some times when it can take almost a minute to load some of our reports or the rules engine. Within a rule it can also take time to load the actions as they each load one at a time when scrolling. The ability to scroll without waiting would be ideal
Based on 90 answers
I have literally never submitted a ticket, or had my support team submit a ticket, that didn't get resolved. There are times that it can take a while, but that is because of the complexity of the issue and development needed, not because of the skill or caring of the support person within GS.
Based on 2 answers
The online videos are very good for basic tasks in the platform, but it isn't very descriptive or helpful trying to make your own specific variables fit the simple example that is typically used. Typically, I'll watch a video, try on my own and still have to get help from support or Customer Success team
Based on 6 answers
I was not part of the implantation (I took over later). However, based on what was passed to me, the tool was not well implemented at our org. I think this had to do with complexity, wrong person assigned in our org, and org buy-in. I think it would have been very successful if we had a better assignment process internally.
We had a leadership member join the team who used Gainsight at a previous company and suggested we purchase and implement. We didn't do any other comparison on this purchase.
Return on Investment
- Increased efficiency in identifying who to call and when
- Improved customer NPS. This is especially true with our newly onboarded accounts
- Identify upsell opportunities and have generated revenue from these proactive CTAs that help us identify opportunities based on rules we've created
- Along with much better, proactive portfolio management, we've seen lifts in renewal rates, ARR, and a reduction in churn. Obviously, it's difficult to pin this down to any one thing we've done, but GS is a big part.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?