Likelihood to Recommend
The system is ideal if you want to reuse content easily. The "document type" logic, which is not page oriented, but content oriented is a clever and efficient way to build up "content bricks". This guarantees an ideal way to use the same content in different templates or even channels. It can also help to feed some mobile-apps as it is planned in our future online strategy
- High scalability and reuse of standard information architecture, templates and features in all countries: Every country will have his own channel, usually multi-language oriented. Product information will be very happy and reuse of content mandatory. The system therefore has to be very robust and scalable.
- Good usability for back-end users: As more than hundred users will use the system on a daily basis, training had to be as minimal as possible. The backend has to be self-explanatory by itself. Hippo goes this way. If you can use a tree structure and a basic RTEditor, you are ready to use Hippo.
- State of the art targeting tool: In order to address segmentation of users and to go beyond a simple layout relaunch, our Marketing Department needed a tool which can make use of Personas and build up complex dynamic criterias. Real time analysis of the users behaviors will provide insights and allow the company to build up effective CRM strategies.
- Hippo lacks some functionality in the backend to help writers, admins to collaborate. Some internal ticketing system for example would be ideal.
Likelihood to Renew
Hippo CMS 10.0
Based on 1 answer
So far, Hippo is our ideal tool given its use of open standards which helps us to have a clear overview of what's coming next in the future Hippo releases. We are very confident in the future-readiness of the product
Magnolia, Typo3, Drupal, Hybris, Intershop, RBS Change, Sitefinity, Liferay, Crownpeak, Ektron, EzPublish, Coremedia, Pironet, ModX,...We built up a requirement sheet and banished from the selection all CMS wich would not fullfill more than 2 "mandatory" features. Although Hippo did not perfom well in the collaborative features, its core features were going exactly toward our needs. Major focus was mutli-level architecture, scalability, native multi-languages capabilities and excellent roadmap for future releases. We needed a very active development schedule, especially in the field of targeting and real time analysis of users behaviors
Return on Investment
- As we can use one single instance of Hippo CMS to feed 50 different countries websites and more to come (extranets, special user restricted areas, B2B sites, etc), we can easily deploy it and maintenance costs are marginal now compared to the previous situation (different CMS in every country with local hosting, maintenance, etc).
- As Hippo is future ready, countries are already setting up more complex and efficient digital campaigns. This was impossible before as our systems could not address these needs.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?