Based on 1642 reviews and ratings
Based on 487 reviews and ratings
HubSpot is an inbound marketing, sales, and customer success platform with marketing automation capabilities at its core. SharpSpring is a sales and marketing platform and offers an agency-specific solution. Both products have a free, built-in CRM and are preferred by small and midsize businesses on TrustRadius.
Both platforms offer core marketing automation capabilities such as email marketing and campaign management, landing page creation, lead management, lead scoring, and reporting and analytics. Each solution has a few unique features as well.
HubSpot is an all-in-one solution for marketing, sales, and customer service. Users note that the HubSpot user interface is easy to use and intuitive. Businesses can host their website on HubSpot’s CMS hub and have access to unique features like:
- SEO optimization
- landing page A/B testing
- HubSpot Academy
- live chat
On the other hand, SharpSpring offers features that are crucial for marketing agencies. These include a month-to-month contract (instead of annual), a dedicated agency support manager, a re-brandable platform, single-sign-on (SSO), and a client account management dashboard.
While both vendors offer a robust marketing automation platform, each product has a few limitations to be aware of:
When compared with SharpSpring, one limitation of HubSpot is its pricing model. Prices increase steeply as the number of contacts in your list grows. Add-ons like HubSpot’s CMS Hub can also be costly. Users on TrustRadius also note that the number of features available in HubSpot can sometimes be overwhelming, especially for new users.
Compared to HubSpot, SharpSpring does not have as many features, like SEO recommendations and optimization tools. Certain capabilities like campaign reporting and analytics are also not as strong as HubSpot’s reporting capabilities. SharpSpring customers on TrustRadius also note that some elements of the UI, such as the landing page builder, could be improved.
Both products have a subscription pricing model based on the number of contacts included. However, HubSpot is billed annually, while SharpSpring customers have the option to pay month-to-month.
HubSpot has three different plan tiers with varying levels of features included. On its lowest-priced tier, businesses can pay $40 per month for 1,000 contacts. SharpSpring offers one plan level with prices determined by the number of contacts included. All SharpSpring customers have access to an unlimited number of users, unlimited support, and the full set of features.
Which Is Right For You?
Because of its pricing model, which starts increasing steeply around 20,000+ contacts, HubSpot is most affordable for businesses with a small contact list. However, HubSpot would also be a good fit for organizations that need a wide range of marketing and sales automation features.
SharpSpring is best suited for marketing agencies looking for a flexible yet powerful marketing automation platform. While HubSpot has Starter plans that cost less than SharpSpring, all SharpSpring customers have access to the platform’s full range of features and support.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on June 18, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Email deliverability reporting
Triggered drip sequences
Lead scoring and grading
Data quality management
Automated sales alerts and tasks
Social sharing and campaigns
Social profile integration
Role-based workflow & approvals
Integration with Salesforce.com
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Integration with SugarCRM
- Bring sales, marketing, support all together into one platform because they now offer each as it's own hub. You can purchase the ones you need, but they are all available. This is a strength because it follows HubSpot's company goal to help customers succeed and that can only be done when all areas of business succeed.
- Listening to customers. HubSpot follows its customers' feedback and continues to improve the platform.
- HubSpot is focused on customer success. You have a team ready to help you with products, support, and success so whether you're big or small or new or seasoned. HubSpot is there to help you succeed and they've done an awesome job of keeping that at their core.
- The social media content calendar makes planning and execution so much easier and less time-consuming.
- Being able to easily curate content specifically for specific personas has been a game-changer.
- I love visual workflows. Being able to see everything laid out in one place is super convenient and enables you to really wrap your head around what you're trying to build.
- CRM function was too limited for us to use.
- Would love to see greater flexibility with reporting dashboards.
- Would love to be able to use spend/budget data from LinkedIn Ads connection.
- Doesn't offer integration with CRM and suggested third-party partner was painful to work with.
- Can't A/B test automated emails-- have to use workaround.
- Onboarding can be overwhelming if you try to onboard without using materials and coaching provided. (Yes, that's me.) This is a robust platform and there is a lot of information to take in and get acquainted with to get the full effectiveness of the platform. You're going to be eager to start but take your time.
- Patience required. There is a tendency to rush in to get started right away having seen the promise. SharpSpring provides high quality onboarding coaches for 60 days so nothing is missed.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Return on Investment
- For our customers and us: High Lead Conversion
- For our customers and us: More business from digital channels
- For our customers and us: Shorter salescykles
- For our customers and us: ROI faster
- For our customers and us: Heighten Brand loyalty and customer sharing.
- The SharpSpring ROI is noticed almost immediately due to their pricing structure being so low and the amount of tools offered so high.
- It is also easy to monitor your ROI by tracking campaigns and seeing real time data to back up the efforts you are putting in
- Being able to have transparency in a company is great and SharpSpring allows you to display charts, graphs and workflows to show exactly how well your marketing department is doing.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
HubSpot Editions & Modules
- per month (includes 1,000 contacts)
- per month (includes 10,000 contacts)
- per month (includes 1,000 contacts)
- per month