Likelihood to Recommend
It is definitely a contender if you run an e-commerce website. It connects with a host of different e-comm platforms (we use Magento) which makes product recommendations, purchase history/amounts, website behavior, etc. a lot easier to segment on and set trigger campaigns or targeted sends.If you're a B2B company, you probably won't want to use Listrak. The tools they have don't accommodate that segment as well as B2C, as many features would go unused since they simply don't make sense. I'm sure there are instances where Listrak would work just fine, but coming from that area previously, it is definitely a B2C tool.
Signal is great for high-security applications where privacy is a concern, perhaps because of the sensitive nature of the materials being communicated. For instance, if you are sending sensitive information about a film that hasn't been released yet, and you want to make sure that paparazzi and fans don't get access to spoiler information, Signal is a great way to communicate.
- Segmentation is one of my favorite features. We love being able to pull specific audiences and tailor our marketing to the individual customer.
- Importing and exporting lists is very self explanatory and easy to manage.
- The main dash has a great overview of your most recent messages and metrics.
Manager in MarketingConsumer Goods Company, 1001-5000 employees
- It is rare that I have issues or feel like Listrak has an area to improve in. The company is constantly ahead of the market and making additions/improvements on a monthly basis. That being said ... I have one area to suggest improvements: COMPOSER
- Composer - Drag & Drop editor: Although their design software with the new 'Composer' is better than your average WYSIWYG editor, their drag & drop editor lacks some basic design tools that stunt your ability to design out-of-the-box email campaigns. I typically write all my email code, so this doesn’t necessarily affect me in a negative manner. But ... if coding emails isn't your strong point, then the lack of design features and limited template selection could be bothersome. (*disclaimer - I do not believe Listrak's drag & drop editor is garbage, but it does fall short when compared to some of its competition.)
- Update Hassle - While this is also a positive in added security, every time they release an update to the app, you have to update. Since I only use the app occasionally, I have to update probably 1-in-4 times I open the app. It feels laborious as I will sometimes want to send a friend or colleague a message, who only uses Signal, and I open the app to message them and suddenly have to wait 2-4 minutes to update and install the new version.
- Not Getting Messages - You also no longer send and receive messages until you update. So if you have an outdated version of the app, nobody can get ahold of you and they might not know why you aren't responding.
- Re-Sync Via QR Code After Update - Every time I update, I have to re-sync my mobile app to the desktop. So it adds another added step. The forced updates and forced resync steps are quite laborious.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 3 answers
You don't really need support as the app just works. In the two plus years I've been using Signal, I've never needed to even look at support documentation to learn how to do something or have the app work. It just does. The best support is not needing to use it, and Signal meets that standard.
The Bronto platform is so similar to Listrak in that it made no sense for us to move unless there were significant cost savings (there weren't). We are so intertwined with Listrak that it would be painful to move for the sake of moving. Klaviyo is very DIY which can be great. We find that we do our best work with hand-holding and account support.
The closest competitor we've found for Signal is Telegram. We do use Telegram with some clients and individuals who prefer it. Unfortunately, in this climate where there is no clear winner and a lot of diversity in applications, if you work with a lot of clients you're going to have to install a whole suite of instant messaging apps. Still, given the choice, we prefer Signal over its competitors, specifically for applications where high security is a concern.
Return on Investment
- Increasing our awareness of effective marketing email campaigns
- Reducing the effectiveness of our campaigns due to the complexity of software and inability to cancel our contract despite being LOYAL customers for 2 years.
Administrator in Product ManagementFurniture Company, 51-200 employees
- I reach people who I need to more quickly.
- It is a free service.
- It provides my clients confidence in keeping things confidential that need to be.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?