What users are saying about
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.5 out of 101
Based on 1199 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
- To create an organized, searchable, and easy to maintain document repository
- To collect information by using forms, surveys, or Excel files
- If you are already using Microsoft type of services and technologies. The integrations are seamless with those products and it may be worth for you just because of the easy to use with Microsoft technologies
- If you want to have different levels of access, roles, or restrictions within your repositories
Feature Rating Comparison
Visual planning tools
Integrates with GoToMeeting
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts
Integrates with Outlook
Advanced security features
Integrates with Google Drive
- The site creation is about as out of the box as you can get without actually putting your content into it. This is a big time savings for us in that we don't have to create a site from scratch.
- The logic is built in and familiar. Since we are already using OneDrive for Business this was an easy transition for our users to understand.
- One of my favorite features that SharePoint does well is that the permissions are fairly easy to understand even when you are granting access to people outside of your organization.
- The public website creation documentation is shaky at best. I would highly reccommend using Google for better answers from actual users rather than rely on the MS docs.
- Another grey area for SharePoint is that the editing tools are fairly limited when it comes to using them on the web for documentation.
- I think SharePoint is a great tool for collaboration of data that is manipulated for many users but when you only need to share a file for one person to edit then the need is diminished and basic website would be much easier to navigate.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 19 answers
The only drawback is the price, it's quite costly to buy and requires Microsoft professionals to run at its peak capabilities. It works very well with large quantities of employees, has powerful search capabilities and a huge community. However it might not be a good fit for smaller companies who don't handle a large number of documents and employees and who don't exert high security requirements.
Based on 8 answers
Based on 6 answers
Support varies by tech and by vendor. I've used Microsoft's support channel and for the most part have been successful to get my questions answered. I've also used third party vendors and have gotten some answers resolved as well, though sometimes getting them on the phone is difficult. It all depends!
Based on 4 answers
SharePoint was already selected when I got here. However, like I've mentioned before, SharePoint is a very capable platform for collaboration. It has a nice feature set but the issue at times is getting the product to do what you want it to do. Other products are cloud based (though I know MS does have a cloud option for SharePoint as well) so you're not worrying about your backend. But because it's on premise, it does give us the sense of comfort knowing that the product is in house
Collaboration and Sharing
Based on 2 answers
It is extremely simple to share, within our department and even with other departments, things we have been working on. Formatting is not an issue when we are sharing and that is a big life saver.
Based on 2 answers
It’s extremely simple to merge forms from different platforms to different types of sources! There is no lag so that is a huge help when you are in a hurry and have no time to spare.
Return on Investment
- In the past Capital Budget was a slow process that required lots of emails going back and forth. With the creation of the Operating Plan Portal, managers can submit their capital requests in a fast and efficient way for high management to approve/reject.
- With the creation of our Business Intelligence portal management can look at the Scorecard & KPIs and make fast educated decisions as to which departments/indicators needs improvement.
- In the past all of our files that require collaboration were stored on shared drives. With SharePoint that is no longer the case, each department have their own portal where they can share and controll access to the files themselves.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?