Likelihood to Recommend
Netsparker is very thorough but can take a very long time to scan a web application. It can also take a long time to learn and configure. Its thoroughness is a very good part of the product but if the application does [not] need this thoroughness it is probably a waste of time to run Netsparker on the website.
If you are developing mobile apps, you should be doing regular vulnerability scans. Quixxi Scan does this quickly and easily from your working app code. Furthermore, if your company requires compliance with any of the major software development or industry-standard data security standards like SOC -2, the Quixxi scan reports are ideal and can be used "as is."
- NetSparker has excellent customer service. When our team had to learn to use it for the first time, we had to communicate directly with NetSparker consultants.
- NetSparker is very user-friendly. It's UI is organized and keeps all the different scans we have set-up in a very clean visual.
- Netsparker has a selection of workflows and integration tools that make it useful for keeping all of my teammates on the same page.
- Simple to understand but comprehensive PDF report. Ideal for compliance reporting.
- Provides recommendations to resolve vulnerabilities.
- Uses industry standard OWASP framework for vulnerability identification.
- Netsparker Cloud is expensive and restricts the number of website URLs that you are allowed to scan. This restricts us from scanning all of the websites that we create and only allows us to scan a small subset of number of the website we produce.
- Netsparker is difficult to configure and I often need to open a ticket with support to figure out how to use the product. I have been vulnerability testing websites for over 10 years and I still don't think I really know how to use Netsparker.
- Netsparker can take a very long time to complete a scan due to the number of items it can scan for. Be certain to reduce the technologies that your scan will be looking at. Also, expect a large website to possibly take over two days to complete. Not something you really want to have happen on a developer checking on some source code.
Based on 2 answers
NetSparker support is amazing. When first introducing this software to the team, there was a lot of communication going on between Netsparker consultants and our team. They have answered our questions very efficiently and have had consultants come to our department for training. They are open to suggestions for improvements and enhancements as well.
Quixxi Security 9.0
Based on 1 answer
Very good. I only had one problem when implementing it and the Support team was online via chat and helped me straight away.
I currently use OWASP ZAP, Burp Suite Professional and Veracode Dynamic Scan. ZAP is very easy to use and the web developers use it regularly. Burp Suite is very customizable as is Netsparker but usually take much less time to scan a website. Both of these tools are programmable and allow me to add special items to a scan when I need it. They are also much better documented. Veracode also has a static code analysis tool that we use much more often then the dynamic analysis tool but we do use both parts of Veracode.
Return on Investment
- NetSparker has saved the team a lot of time since the scans quicker than our older software.
- NetSparker has been costing the company a lot compared to previous security software.
- Netsparker has helped improved our overall business objectives by finding an efficient and collaborative way to run scans on our systems.
- It's cheap and comprehensive.
- It's quick and easy to use.
- It can be integrated into X-Code or Android Studio to run as a part of Git code checking or app deployment in the testing stage.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Netsparker Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
$0 Per App
Quixxi Security Editions & Modules
|Scan / Shield Lite||$03|
- Per App
- 1-2 Apps
- Per App
- Unlimited Apps