Likelihood to Recommend
Subscription-based billing where usage fluctuates is what NetSuite SuiteBilling was made for. The ability to add and remove products to a subscription is equally useful. Companies with flat-rate pricing and limited product offerings likely would not see much benefit.
I haven't used any other platform similar to Recurly, however, I can confidently claim Recurly to be a great tool because it makes work so easy, gives great insights for the marketing team and makes all the metrics easily readable for the management. This is one of the complete platforms which handles end to end work.
Employee in MarketingComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
- Subscription billing with changing usage.
- Consolidated invoicing.
- Additional reporting specific to the software industry.
- Recurly is very easy to use. Their UI is very clean and intuitive, so my staff has no problem understanding how to handle payments in Recurly. They just released a new UI, which is currently in Beta, but does an even better job making the user experience great.
- Recurly really helps reduce the time involved in collecting payment from a client. They have a dunning process which detects when a transaction has failed, and automatically re-tries running the payment several times before giving up. Recurly gives you full flexibility on how the dunning process works, including the ability to send your client payment declined notifications every few days to inspire them to update their payment info.
- Recurly just added a new feature which can automatically update credit card information from clients whose card has expired. They ping the credit card company (visa, MC, AMEX, Discover) to retrieve new card information for cards who have just gone past their expiration dates. This is extremely handy, and has reduced the number of times we've had to contact our client to get updated billing information.
- Recurly has excellent customer service. You can chat with an agent and receive an instant reply to your questions. I love this.
- It would be great to have the ability to generate a single payment invoice that details all the past due invoices, etc. This can be tough for larger customers that may have multiple in a month.
- It would be extremely helpful to be able to re-generate an invoice once it's been set up. Sometimes we need to update a customer's company name if it's changed and have to do it manually rather than in the system.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 2 answers
I believe we would continue to use Recurly because they have shown that they are continually improving their software, and they listen to their customers
Employee in Finance and AccountingComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
NetSuite SuiteBilling 8.0
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
They have always been quick to respond and help. I love their chat feature at the bottom right-hand corner of the platform.
Ease of use but also its what was here when I got here. I think they are the easiest quickest choice in our market but I honestly do not have a lot of experience with their competitors. I think they are a decent choice but its possible better choices exist- but if they fit your budget and your needs are very similar for each deal they make sense.
Director in Customer ServiceComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- Providing an interface for our subscribers to manage their own accounts has simplified our business tremendously. This alone has freed up hours of our staff's time each day.
- Many customers receive new credit cards due to expiration or fraud. The time we spent in updating this information prior to using Recurly's Revenue Recovery feature versus now is significant.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?