Likelihood to Recommend
Paypal Payments is superb for sites with a single product, a few products, or a donation. It also works well for e-commerce shopping carts where you have a small to medium amount of items. Paypal Payments usually handles the one-time payment of the shopping cart, then directs you back to the merchant's site. This also puts the burden of a secure transaction SSL on Paypal, rather than your own website. If a commerce site is much bigger, or requires many items and/or selections, it may be more advantageous to look at some other options that would handle the payments "on site." This set up would require a site to be tightly secured, as credit card info would be transmitted on the merchant site.
I would highly recommend WeTravel to other fitness instructors and studio owners looking to help organize their retreat registration websites, information, and make payment processing simple and easy!
- PayPal is accepted in a large number of online stores, so you can buy in different places and countries easily and safely.
- By being an intermediary between your credit card and the seller, and in addition to using encryption security in your transactions, you are not at risk of your credentials and personal data being stolen.
- Use is very simple, you only have to associate a credit card and you can already buy in the hundreds of shops that accept PayPal.
- PayPal has an anti-fraud security system, so in case you buy something and it does not arrive or arrives damaged, you can open a case to ask for a refund. The resolution of the case is delayed only a few days, which is much faster than the vast majority of banks.
- Customer Service is top notch and incredibly responsive to any tech issues or questions.
- WeTravel is constantly improving their softwares’ functionality and adding new features for payment collection in multiple currencies, vendor payouts, registrant information collection, etc.
- Their fees are only about 1% of your trip’s revenue, which is much less than Square or PayPal.
- I have a booking service and the software isn't 100% compatible with PayPal. It kicks the customer off the payment page after they finish filling out their credit card information. No one knows how to solve this. Though I believe it's the booking service's glitch, it's an ongoing issue. I wish Paypal would take up this complaint with my booking service. I'm happy to provide more info.
- I wish people weren't able to use the credit feature for my business. Mind you I've never had a customer not pay when they use PayPal's credit service, but I didn't set this up as a feature and wouldn't otherwise give my clients this option.
- I can't say exactly what I'd like to see differently but I feel that the reports could be more comprehensive. When I've tried to run reports - sometimes I can't search for specific information - either those dates are available or the specific details aren't available. I was doing research for my business recently and it seems like the range of details you can obtain from reports could be enhanced.
- Refunds. I'd like to be able to refund any amount of the trip cost, not just payments in full. For example, someone puts down a $500 trip deposit. WeTravel only gives me the option to refund that $500 in full, not partially.
PayPal Payments 8.0
Based on 1 answer
It's just a normal support like any other support you could expect. I don't usually need help because I am pretty tech savvy and I do enough research when I have a problem that I can usually troubleshoot for myself.
No answers yet
WeTravel is far superior to PayPal. Their fees are much less, and they offer so much more than just payment processing. They are a huge asset in helping me manage all the retreats we run, organize information and room availability, and process payments
Return on Investment
- The ROI is instant since the fees are negligible
- The negative impact is getting people who may not trust PayPal to send payment that way
- It's very easy to send and request so I don't need to spend tons of time collecting
Analyst in Information TechnologyChemicals Company, 501-1000 employees
- Since their fees are minimal (about 1%), we've been able to save money vs. if we went with other payment processers like PayPal or Square.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?