Likelihood to Recommend
With SAP PPM is an amazing experience to manage production projects, data analytics productions are also effective as well as reporting on multiple operations from different projects and a very great system for our team to collaborate for profitable project outcome and easy file management.
- SAP is a powerful financial system. If you want to manage your financials program and work on projects more professionally, SAP PPM should be your first choice.
- As a manager, you want to trust your software vendor to not sell or not give up on the tool you use. SAP can mostly be trusted in this sense. If you compare it, for example, with HP Software (HP Software recently sold their PPM tool to Micro Focus).
- It's valuable to be a part of the big thing. A lot of fortune 500 companies have SAP tools, and it looks very nice in your resume.
- The features are easy and flexible but they can be improved.
- Budgeting capabilities requires upgrading.
- Multiple project management capabilities.
- The largest con for me is the clunky UI. It's not very intuitive, and has a larger learning curve to become a proficient user.
- Reports are functional, but could use some improvements.
- It can be slow at times, and you have to wait to make sure your changes are saved before moving on.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 1 answer
This software allows project and portfolio managers to analyze and prioritize projects based on resource allocation and available effort. It helps you compare the sorecast effort with resource availability. You can email, call or tweet them if you have concerns.
Our company uses different PPM tools for different business units depending on different purposes. Software Business Units want to bill activities based on activity-based costs, and want to follow project financials tightly. In addition to that, the company is already using SAP for financials. For example, our internal IT unit is using a different tool because they don't need to follow all of our financials, just the purchase cost.
Return on Investment
- Monitoring the manufacturing process.
- Easy to control the product development operations.
- Report generation for our operations.
- Before Sciforma we were running projects out of Excel and emails. Using a cloud based application means that everyone is viewing information in real time.
- Our executive leadership knows that they have one place to go for a real time status on all of our strategic projects.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?