What users are saying about
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8 out of 101
Based on 234 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Centralizing Data / Reporting - ServiceNowexcels in providing easy ways to import/export data from the platform. Some automated, some manual, all users benefit with properly designed ServiceNow connected tables.CMDB / Inventory Mgmt - Discovery and the CMDB functionality provide an easy means of keeping track of your configurable HW and SW environments. Best CMDB tool I have seen to date, in the market.Change / Incident Mgmt - This is really the best out of box experience ServiceNow has. Very straightforward, with unlimited benefits to be provided in this space when enhancements to the CMDB are made. When everything is connected, gleaning context off a ticket becomes easy. Automation based on historical data is also a big feature in this spaceAutomation Tool - If you have tools which provide orchestration/automation, and you're just looking to replace them with a cheaper option, look elsewhere.
Feature Rating Comparison
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
ITSM reports and dashboards
Asset management dashboard
Policy and contract enforcement
Change requests repository
- Request Management - ServiceNow's front end facing catalog is a fantastic cost-wise approach to expose the repetitive request-able functions your organization can offer to your company. Cost/Chargeback functions can be included effortlessly. Baking in Knowledge throughout the catalog like experience (to promote self service) is effortless. If you can organize your team into repeatable processes, then ServiceNow can take everyone out of email and spreadsheets, and into a fully transparent, documented, automated workflow to deliver each and every step of that process.
- Alerting / Monitoring - ServiceNow provides the tables/functionality you would need to store, organize and report on all monitoring tools in your portfolio. Importing information into ServiceNow is decidedly easy. Enriching data within ServiceNow is straightforward and benefits from all other business / infrastructure related content that you store on the platform. Using Discovery alongside monitoring tools provides the capabilities and flexibility needed to protect and run daily operations needed to support a growing and thriving company that Wayfair is.
- CMDB / Discovery - Very easy, licensing the technology that comes with Discovery is the single easier decision you can make to provide the level of support, transparency and consistency your infrastructure teams require to stay ahead of issues...and act quickly when they are happening.
- Backend Support - If you size dictates it, purchase the technical support from ServiceNow. They react quickly and with a solution your team can actually use to solve both short and long-term roadblocks.
- Although ServiceNow is considered a platform, its development capabilities for seasoned developers are light.
- Better documentation, although the documentation is great, it sometimes is not as detailed as it should be.
- Better development APIs, since ServiceNow is a platform it should be supporting its developers with first-class APIs rather than forcing developers to write common code, over and over.
Director in Professional ServicesInformation Technology and Services Company, 11-50 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 11 answers
Based on 6 answers
The Geneva version has improved overall usability a lot, but would still be overwhelming for new users. Much like SAP or other large-scale applications- it can be very daunting when you get the first glance of all the modules, but you'll get the hang of it after some training and strong discipline.
Administrator in Information TechnologyOil & Energy Company, 1001-5000 employees
Reliability and Availability
Based on 1 answer
We have never had any issues with ServiceNow's availability that I am aware of in the two years I have been using it.
Based on 1 answer
Based on 3 answers
The ServiceNow team is U.S. based, highly responsive, friendly and intelligent. Technical support is one of the strongest differentiators of this company.
Based on 1 answer
To type in what should be a text box, you have to click an empty cell, a tiny text box pop up opens with a check box and an X. You the. Type in the text box and have to click the check mark. If you have a bunch of fields to fill out, doing this is very annoying. Absolutely know thought went in to this. I'm sure somebody in marketing thought it was a good idea. It wasn't.
Engineer in Information TechnologyConsumer Goods Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Based on 2 answers
Without exception, every client I have worked with has been very happy with their resulting product. While this is partly due to my work, I must point out that the platform is the winning decision, not the implementer.
Frankly, I regularly deploy ServiceNow to replace these products. The legacy products require complete code recompile to change feature behavior and the other web based platform is, at its core, a CRM despite the add-ons developed and marketed in recent years. When I developed on that platform I found it replete with internal errors, repetitive dialog requirements, missing or incorrect documentation. I abandoned its use eventually.
Based on 1 answer
Return on Investment
- ROI very fast due to the short time required to implement the solution.
- Don't need to provision internal resources (servers, software, IT specialists) to implement the solution.
- Many related processes consolidated in a single platform, thereby reducing cost.
- With the service portal options and the self service capabilities companies can reduce the number of service desk agents and the time required to drive end-user needs to the Fulfillers.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?