<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.7 out of 100
Based on 123 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
If you're looking for a robust project management software for your growing small business, my vote is for Teamwork Projects. It helps us manage our small business and our teams internally.If you need advanced features, like KANBAN boards, GANTT charts, time tracking, billing, etc. in your project management tool, Teamwork is a great option.I'm personally not sure how it would scale to larger companies where you would need to manage many schedules, just because I haven't experienced using Teamwork at such a scale.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for Agile Methodology
Support for Waterfall Methodology
Change request and Case Management
Integration with accounting software
- governance and user access control for partners like vendors and contractors
- flexible views using task lists, gant charts and kanban boards
- integration with file management systems of record (Box, Drive, Sharepoint, OneDrive)
- project portfolios for roll-ups of multiple projects
- real-time synchronization between devices (phone to desktop to laptop)
- integrations via Zapier
- The UI/UX is less than stellar. It has most of the basic functionality you need, but it is not as slick as it could be.
- Reporting feature could use more ability to really customize the reports
- It is a great project collaboration tool, but it isn't specialized to any particular type of project. While its one size fits all approach makes it flexible, it also lacks some specific web development functionality we ultimately needed
Director in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 11-50 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Teamwork Projects 10.0
Based on 2 answers
We are already at an annual contract, and have been for the past 5 years; so far the system has delivered, and our personal is already trained in it. A major overhaul of our entire infrastructure (as in moving everything to a single, unified platform) might change the current continuity of Teamwork Projects on our organization, but that's not feasible in the near future.
Teamwork Projects 9.1
Based on 20 answers
The UI is clear, well laid out and very user friendly.The authors of the Teamwork Projects product have managd to cram a lot of detail into a small real estate without over-burdening the user.Adoption by my users has been extremely rapid with very little re-familiarisation required once they've got going.I do like the fact that there is an element of first-time user support embedded within the application. It means that I can point users to a sign-up page and spend very little time with them thereart
Teamwork Projects 8.9
Based on 27 answers
Customer support was okay. I didn't have much interaction with customer support. There's a learning curve for teamwork, and I wish they were more proactive with my onboarding or at least sent more frequent emails to help with the onboarding process. Other than that, things were pretty standard with their customer support.
Return on Investment
- The positive impact Teamwork Projects has had is difficult to quantify. We have had a noticeable improvement in task management, time tracking, and customer alignment since starting to use Teamwork Projects. This has obviously led to an increase in Customer Retention metrics.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Teamwork Projects Editions & Modules
- Contact Us
- per user/per month