Likelihood to Recommend
TimeCamp is a simple low-cost solution to tracking billed client time on a project level. Smaller agencies and freelancers will find TImeCamp to be a great tool. Even if you are using something else I would suggest a look at TimeCamp as I feel it is that good. I don't see TimeCamp as a viable solution for a larger marketing firm or any other type of business that bills based on time. Maybe if a single department was using it, but for a large company overall, I do not see this as a viable solution.
Any scenario where you need to track time spent on projects or by customer. The customization of setup means it should work for almost any type of customer. We utilize the software to track time spent on projects, support, sales, customer service and software development.
- Easy time tracking with the Windows desktop app.
- Time tracking management for editing and adding entries manually.
- In-depth reporting with unlimited view possibilities.
- iPhone app for tracking and viewing time entries.
- Allows for computer activity tracking. Is helpful for fixing time entries, when I've incorrectly assigned my time.
- Lightweight interface. It is very simple to start and stop tracking.
- Categorization, tags, projects, and clients. Make it easy to categorize time tracking and pull accurate reports
- Reporting: their reporting system makes it simple to slice and dice our tracked data to get precisely the intel we need.
- The mobile version does not look use sophisticated colors as much as the website version. This should be improved.
- Sometimes total time is not being calculated correctly.
- Sometimes reports do not refresh when the timer runs.
- When I generate a report based on a long date range (as opposed to a single day or week), Toggl provides logged time entries per project, user, or client, according to my search. Each time entry in the report is itemized and includes a description. However, the date and time per entry is not generated with this data. When I create invoices, I have to manually find what day the work was done.
Based on 1 answer
I am giving support a rating of 8 but that is quite arbitrary. Honestly, we have never had the need to contact support for any reason. There has not been a situation where we became stuck and could not figure out how to work through it. Sign up was easy and billing is like clockwork so there has been no need to contact billing support.I think this is a testament to the ease of use of TimeCamp.
Based on 9 answers
I haven't needed much support from Toggl, as it's mostly come from a small team trying out the tool. I'm not entirely sure what the best way to reach them would be if I did need them. I'm also not sure how responsive they would be to support requests. But I think it's positive that I have not needed them
Professional in Information TechnologyInternet Company, 51-200 employees
Firstly TimeCamp is working with different other software like Podio and Trello and these tools are also useful. It took a long time to find an application for tracking and prioritizing time, and when we decided to purchase TimeCamp, we did not have any regrets. It takes a little time to learn how to make it best for your organization but It is worth it.
Toggl is sleeker and so much more user-friendly than Time Doctor. The Chrome extension with the intuitive power button icon really does increase compliance, which I think is one of the most important, and sometimes overlooked, considerations when choosing a new software for your team. If people won't use it, it doesn't really matter if it's more affordable and even more highly recommended.
Director in MarketingComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- The net gain from time I "caught" that I forgot to log is absurdly high, higher than I'd want to admit haha. I'd say 10 to 20% of my logged time comes from things I missed or forgot to note that I caught after the fact using TimeCamp.
- Being able to look back and see "unproductive time" is extraordinarily helpful, it also helps me adjust accordingly to my billing to avoid charges clients for time I didn't realize I got distracted on Facebook.
- We replaced our in-house time tracking tool easily
- We could incorporate the previous few months of tracking via CSV/Spreadsheet import
- We still don't have the full discipline to track everything for everybody. It's only as good as the data you put in.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
TimeCamp Editions & Modules
- Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Toggl Editions & Modules
- Per Month