Likelihood to Recommend
Any scenario where you need to track time spent on projects or by customer. The customization of setup means it should work for almost any type of customer. We utilize the software to track time spent on projects, support, sales, customer service and software development.
- Lightweight interface. It is very simple to start and stop tracking.
- Categorization, tags, projects, and clients. Make it easy to categorize time tracking and pull accurate reports
- Reporting: their reporting system makes it simple to slice and dice our tracked data to get precisely the intel we need.
- When I generate a report based on a long date range (as opposed to a single day or week), Toggl provides logged time entries per project, user, or client, according to my search. Each time entry in the report is itemized and includes a description. However, the date and time per entry is not generated with this data. When I create invoices, I have to manually find what day the work was done.
Based on 9 answers
I haven't needed much support from Toggl, as it's mostly come from a small team trying out the tool. I'm not entirely sure what the best way to reach them would be if I did need them. I'm also not sure how responsive they would be to support requests. But I think it's positive that I have not needed them
Professional in Information TechnologyInternet Company, 51-200 employees
Toggl is sleeker and so much more user-friendly than Time Doctor. The Chrome extension with the intuitive power button icon really does increase compliance, which I think is one of the most important, and sometimes overlooked, considerations when choosing a new software for your team. If people won't use it, it doesn't really matter if it's more affordable and even more highly recommended.
Director in MarketingComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- We replaced our in-house time tracking tool easily
- We could incorporate the previous few months of tracking via CSV/Spreadsheet import
- We still don't have the full discipline to track everything for everybody. It's only as good as the data you put in.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Toggl Editions & Modules
- Per Month