<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.2 out of 100
Based on 571 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Zendesk is a really good ticketing platform, but if one of your primary goals with a support solution is to better understand and connect with our customers, Zendesk may not be the best solution. The difficulty with getting historical context about the tickets that are submitted, and the lack of a customer profile to really provide real-time insight into how customers feel about their support experience or just overall sentiment about the organization, are a few of the reasons you may want to consider a more robust solution.
Feature Rating Comparison
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
Ticket creation and submission
External knowledge base
Internal knowledge base
Help Desk CRM integration
- Customisable ticketing engine - you can specify what fields should be filled on each ticket, if they are mandatory and customise what type of data needs to be entered. This ensures the right data is captured to assist resolve the query. It also means reports can be run from these fields.
- Reporting and analytics - you can run reports based on the ticket data. This helps you understand what product features need to be improved or added, what new help content needs to be created, if particular macros need to be setup, efficiency of support team and more.
- Integrations - Zendesk integrates with billing, CRM and other platforms so customer data is available in-app. This information assists the support team give the right information to the customer.
- They tend to move slowly to integrate new options to the API but overall are pretty responsive.. Understanding the API is a far less used part of their platform as a whole.
- We were grandfathered into the unlimited light agents.. but I think that access has been limited as of today.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 37 answers
It's the best day-to-day tool for customer care I have used in 16 years of working in the industry.Healthy happy teams get along well with the tool and I know that if I see it in use and being used well I can work with that team.
Based on 14 answers
The usability is great, but I do have to be honest and say that I still have a little trouble with the user interface sometimes. I have poor ability to differentiate between similar colors and sometimes if I am not directly in front of my screen I have trouble with the text inputs
Reliability and Availability
Based on 13 answers
In all the time I have used it, I have only experienced "down-time" with it once, and guess what. It was during a scheduled downtime that i forgot about which was posted at least a month in advance.
Based on 10 answers
There has been minor performance degradation on a very few days out of the two years I have been using the product.
Based on 23 answers
Every time I contacted them they were not only very responsive and knowledgable, but always seemed to have a positive upbeat attitude. It probably helps that we did not have significant service outages or sev 1 level issues, but even my lower severity issues were quickly answered. And the positive and upbeat attitude really made things feel comfortable.
Based on 9 answers
Zendesk has tons of available material for training - videos, webinars, articles, etc. The only reason this is not a 10 is because it can be hard to figure out how to navigate to these things and find what you are looking for.
Based on 17 answers
If you're looking for a system that can tie all your channels together, allow you to report on just about any metric in regards to customer service, use chat, and build a knowledge base/FAQ all in one, Zendesk is it
We have used HelpSpot for several years prior to the transition to Zendesk. Our biggest gripe was the cost and limitations on what kind of communication channels could be integrated into HelpSpot. Zendesk allows us to have multiple communication channels even for the most basic users and to build on it. With a few changes to the overall system (like better social media support for attachments etc) and inbox enhancements, it can be great.
Return on Investment
- Zendesk can help large and small companies improve their customer service capabilities. Customer service can drive repeat sales, deflect returns, and increase customer satisfaction in measurable ways.
- Zendesk can be more expensive than alternatives, however it is a more complete product than many alternatives, so the additional features and integration should be weighed against lower cost.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
* per agent
Zendesk Editions & Modules
|Zendesk Suite (Support, Guide, Chat, Talk)||$891|
|Zendesk Duet (Support + Sell CRM - 40% off)||$592|
- per agent, per month
- per user, per month