Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) Software
These products won a Top Rated award for having excellent customer satisfaction ratings. The list is based purely on reviews; there is no paid placement, and analyst opinions do not influence the rankings. Read more about the Top Rated criteria.
Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) Software TrustMap
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on trScore and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
What is iPaaS Software?
Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) or Cloud Data Integration tools are platforms for building and deploying integrations. These can be built both within the cloud and between the cloud and enterprise on-premise applications.
iPaaS Software Features & Capabilities
Pre-built, tested connectors to a wide variety of applications such as CRM, ERP, HCM, Marketing Automation, etc.
Provision for modification of pre-built connectors to suit unique environments
Support for real-time and batch integration
Ability to perform data profiling, deduplication, cleansing, etc.
Security features including rights management, LDAP integration, password encryption, etc.
Console for monitoring resource utilization, system health, ability to start and stop processes, etc.
Support for other integration processes such as EDI and ETL
Why Integration Platforms Matter
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) have radically simplified the deployment of consumption of business applications and development platforms. They have also created silos of data that remain difficult to access by other systems.
For example, customer data from an application like Salesforce.com may need to flow to an online accounting system for invoicing and billing. It may also need to flow to an ERP system for purchasing. Additionally, a business intelligence system might need to extract data from all of these systems and more, to build a data warehouse for the purpose of decision-making. None of this is currently easy to accomplish without an integration platform.
iPaaS solutions are also gaining traction as important tools for managing the exponentially-growing Internet of Things. As the number of autonomously-communicating devices grows, on a consumer and business level, iPaaS solutions are poised as key resources for facilitating and managing the communications and integrating the data within the IoT that is growing both in scale and complexity.
Evolution of iPaaS Tools
iPaaS solutions were developed to help SMBs that had little-specialized knowledge of data integration, how to support data synchronization between on-premise ERP systems and early SaaS offerings like Salesforce. Vendors that emerged in this space allowed SMBs to achieve integration at relatively low cost.
It is no longer necessary to have specialists with knowledge of SOA and enterprise service bus (ESB) integration technologies. These integration platforms allow systems to be integrated much more rapidly, by using a multi-tenant cloud service.
iPaaS cloud solutions are now challenging traditional on-premise middleware solutions like service bus products, due to their relative agility and ease-of use. Integration Platform as a service software typically has an intuitive console for deploying and managing integrations across the enterprise. Within iPaaS, there are enterprise, IT-centric tools and a new generation of simpler, self-service tools designed for citizen developers. The growth of low-code or no-code interfaces within the market is a key facet of the development of self-service platforms.
iPaaS Software Comparison
- Target user size: iPaaS products can range in target user size from personal and small business use to enormous enterprises. If you already have some idea of the scope of the ecosystem you need to integrate, eliminating outlier products for your use case should be fairly clear. Looking at the trends in reviewers’ companies’ sizes can be a helpful signpost for which iPaaS products could be appropriately scaled for you.
- Ease of use: iPaaS’s market vision is to not need IT specialists to manage integration- this is understandably easier to achieve at smaller scales, but as you grow into larger iPaaS products, look for reviewer insights into how user-friendly the product is. For instance, investigate whether Line of Business users would work with the iPaaS or whether they needed to bring on dedicated iPaaS managers.
- Prebuilt integrations list or custom integrations options: Depending on the scale and complexity of the integrations you need, it will be helpful to know either the prebuilt integrations available or how easily and effectively you can build your own integrations on the platform. Most vendors advertise what prebuilt integrations are available, but the functionality of building your own integrations may be a more intensive process to discern.
There are a number of inexpensive or freemium products like Zapier and IFTTT which are integration tools designed for non-technical “citizen” one-way integrations between widely-known apps like Slack and Salesforce. These are modern, relatively simple tools not always suitable for the enterprise. Enterprise-level tools tend to significantly more expensive, residing at the upper end of the market. These tools provide also provide support for API management, EDI transactions and other developer-heavy protocols. iPaaS pricing is based on the solutions feature completeness, as well as the size of business they can support.
- 2019 Buyer's Guide to Integration-Platform-as-a-Service
- iPaas 101: What is iPaaS and Why Does it Matter?
- Buyer's Cheat Sheet for iPaaS Tech Jargon
- 10 Questions to Ask Yourself when Evaluating iPaaS Software
- What Are the Best iPaaS for Enterprise?
- What Are the Best iPaaS for Midsized Companies?
- 27 Questions to Grill your iPaaS Vendor With
- iPaaS vs. ESB: Sifting Through Alphabet Soup
- How Marketers Can Get the Most Out of iPaaS (+15 Super Helpful IFTTT/Zapier Recipes)
- Announcing the Top Rated iPaaS Products 2019
- Zapier vs. IFTTT vs. PieSync: Real Users Tell All
Outfunnel is the most boring* marketing tool on the planet. *It aims to make it easy to create deep data connections between all your marketing tools and CRM (Copper, Pipedrive and HubSpot). It’s not very exciting, but it is useful to keep sales and marketing people working together…
The ROMA Connect platform, on Huawei Cloud, allows users to integrate applications, data, and devices, and rapidly streamline legacy systems and cloud-native applications. With ROMA connect, the user can seamlessly integrate cloud and on-premises applications, eliminate data silos,…
frends enterprise integration platform as a service is a Nordic .Net integration platform. Hybrid, low-code, and intuitive, frends aims to deliver in a fraction of cost and efforts compared to traditional integration solutions.frends platform has a built in version control system…
Founded in 2015, Unito, headquartered in Montreal, created their eponymous platform to integrate disparate SaaS applications, enabling workflows that cross the boundaries of tools, teams, and organizations. Unito's workflow management platform and two-way integrations allow information…
The Layer2 Cloud Connector can integrate data and sync documents between 100+ corporate data sources without programming. It is used to connect services and apps on-premises or cloud-based, such as Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Dynamics, Azure, SQL/ERP/CRM, and more for migration,…
Actian Business Xchange is a fully-managed B2B integration service that enables trading partners to exchange electronic procurement and supply chain documents regardless of format or enterprise system. Business Xchange helps trading partners reduce costs, inefficiencies and friction…
webMethods.io Integration (formerly webMethods Integration Cloud) from Software AG is designed to make it easy to connect SaaS apps and make business processes more efficient. It enables enterprise subject matter experts and eliminates integration silos, allowing users to integrate…
Adeptia in Chicago offers their B2B integration solution to enables enterprises to accelerate customer data onboarding from months to a matter of minutes. Adeptia Connect provides a simple user interface (a front-end) to manage all external connections and data interfaces for a company.…
Frequently Asked Questions
The top rated IPaaS options are as follows: