VISCO is an inventory management software offering from VISCO LLC. It includes features such as profitability analysis at the transaction level and shipment level / lot level / unit level tracking.
Inventory Management Systems
Inventory Management Software Overview
What is Inventory Management Software?
Inventory Management Software provides a central hub for retailers, primarily eCommerce or multichannel selling operations, to manage the flow of goods. It may encompass order and fulfillment management, warehouse management and stock checking, procurement (or e-procurement) and supplier management, as well as analytics and integrations with other business critical systems (e.g. accounting, ERP, eCommerce platforms).
Inventory Management vs. Order Management, Supply Chain Management, & Warehouse Management Systems
Generally inventory management software is acquired at a lower cost and is more parsimonious than omnichannel order management & retail suites. Inventory control and ordering systems are embedded in supply chain management (SCM) suites, though not all businesses need such extensive solutions as those offered in SCMs. Software billed as inventory management is a wiser choice for smaller businesses, compared to SCM suites which are designed to manage supply across many warehouses and outlets across a vast or complex logistics network. Capabilities of inventory management systems are very similar to warehouse management systems (WMS), though these are often targeted at distributors while inventory management software is most often targeted at retailers; however, this is not an absolute distinction.
Inventory Management Software Features & Capabilities
- Inventory Control: As these platforms are targeted at retailers, their central feature is to automate a stock counting and tracking across (potentially) multiple warehouses as items are sold and resupplied. Also, the software should supply barcode scanning internally or integrate with barcode scanning technology.
- Inventory Optimization: The software should automate and provide decision support for optimal levels of stocked items based on sales & order analytics. This practice helps with cost control and should suppress or eliminate oversupply of sluggish or immovable stocked products.
- Purchase / Sales Order Management: Orders can be handled within the inventory management platform via inbuilt purchase order and sales order management systems and interfaces.
- Fulfillment: Platforms may centralize, automate, and optimize order fulfillment by consolidating sales information across channels and warehouses to ensure optimal shipping and delivery of products, balancing consideration for shipping costs and customer satisfaction.
- Shipping & Tracking: The system may provide shipping status and logistical oversight and controls, or integrate with 3PL and shipping software systems and modules.
- Supplier Relationship / Supplier Performance Management, & Scoring: Analyzing and scoring supplier performance is a key feature of top inventory management software.
- Order & Stock History: Inventory management systems should also retain and provide access to rich historical data about orders and stocks.
- Backorder Management: When items are out of stock, the system can reduce the cost of resupply by intelligently facilitating and consolidating purchase orders.
- Accounting & CRM, inbuilt or integration: Some inventory management software offers simple inbuilt accounting and CRM capabilities, though most often the system must integrate compatibly with outside accounting and customer relationship management systems.
- Reporting & Analytics: Given the wealth of data generated, transmitted through, and stored in the system, top inventory management software provides analytics and reporting of product and channel performance (including drill-down analytics on product features), cost of goods sold (COGS), profit analysis, and sales forecasting. This can help discover top customers or top sales performers, and other meaningful pieces of information for multi-channel selling optimization.
Inventory Management Products
Listings (51-75 of 184)
Vogue Professional is an inventory management software offering from Dimensional Business Solutions. It includes features such as manually generated purchase order management via the special order processing module.
WDS Warehouse Management is an inventory management software offering from Wireless Data Systems.
XtreMe eStoreKeeperPRO is an inventory management software offering from Pathfinder. It includes features such as well-defined workflows, authorizations & escalation processes and intuitive & transparent business intelligence.
Yellow Dog Inventory is an inventory management software offering from Yellow Dog Software. It includes features such as physical inventories and purchasing, receiving & invoicing.
PlanningEdge, formerly Rockysoft, offers automated inventory planning and management software.
Star EZ Inventory is an inventory management software offering from Starre Enterprises. It includes features such as unlimited inventory item records and unlimited vendors.
Stock Explorer is an inventory management software offering from Saturn Solutions.
VMI is an inventory management software offering from Park City Group Incorporated.
Warehousing/3PL is an inventory management software offering from ScanOnline.
Zenventory is an inventory management software offering from Ubiquia.
StoreHub is a cloud-based retail management system consisting of an iPad Point Of Sale(POS), and intelligent inventory management, CRM, and business analytics features. The vendor’s value proposition is that they have replaced the bulky PC/clunky touchscreen that typically haunts a storefront wit...
Primaseller is a software product company that enables multi-channel commerce for a retailer. According to the vendor:Primaseller’s POS software lets you manage stock at your brick and mortar stores with great ease. You can access and track the inventory across all your multiple stores from a sin...
Ramco Logistics Software is a unified cloud based software for Third Party Logistics, Freight forwarders and Courier service providers. Ramco’s Logistics offering is built to address the needs of 3PL, Freight Forwarders and Network Service Providers. According to the vendor, Ramco Logistics enabl...
French company Lokad offers their eponymous demand forecasting and inventory optimization platform.
BizSlate is a cloud-based business inventory and order management solution that is designed to enable small businesses (SMBs) to compete more effectively, reduce operational costs, and gain greater visibility into their supply chain. According to the vendor, this solution is built for complex pro...
RetailOps is a cloud-based solution that provides eCommerce and Omni-Channel retailers with tools designed to help them grow their business. From inventory-in to order-out, RetailOps puts the tools a growing retailer needs to run their business on one platform. Included are: POM, PIM, DOM, WMS...
Adagio Operational Suite is an inventory management software offering from Softrak Systems. It includes features such as 6 character part number, user-defined segmentation (maximum 4 segments) to allow powerful reporting, and both standard and user-specified costing.
add*ONE is an inventory management software offering from INFORM. It includes features such as self-adapting forecasts and calculation of cost-effective order proposals.
Advancepro Inventory Management is an inventory management software offering from AdvancePro. It includes features such as apt cloud hosted service and inventory management.
Assetware Tracking is an inventory management software offering from Assetware Technology. It includes features such as asset moves and full physical asset audits.
Blue Link ERP is an inventory management software offering from Blue Link Associates.
Chronos eStockCard is an inventory management software offering from Chronos Process Integration.
Cin7 is an inventory management software offering. It includes features such as retail point of sale and ecommerce capabilities.
DCS Inventory is an inventory management software offering from Dynamic Control Software. It includes features such as multi warehouse support and lot number / serial number tracking.