IT Professional Services Overview
What are IT Professional Services?IT professional services is a very broad category which covers the provision of specialized technology-related services to companies, allowing customers to focus on core business concerns. In the IT realm, professional services can range from providing expert advice to hand-on activities like implementing software in a customer's data center or in the cloud.
Traditionally, these services were charged at an hourly rate. However, increasingly professional services are being offered with a fixed price, or even a using the subscription model.
Typical sub-categories covered by the professional services name are:
- Consulting and Advisory Services: Consulting and advisory services are offered by consulting firms and are focused providing technology strategy, regulatory and compliance issues, IT risk management and controls, sourcing advice, and cost optimization. They also sometimes offer advice regarding new technology selection.
- Product Implementation Services: Implementation services are hands-on services where the firm understands requirements to meet business goals, building an implementation plan software installation and configuration, customization, testing, system integrations with existing software systems, user training, and perhaps maintenance.
- Data Analytics / BI Services: Data analytics services are focused on extracting maximum value from corporate data and amy involve recommendation of business intelligence tools.
- Custom Development Services: Custom development services provide for the creation of software applications for specific groups of users. This kind of software contrasts with off-the-shelf software which is designed to meet the needs of many users. Custom development service providers have skilled developers on-staff who are capable of understanding sometimes complex requirements, and building software to meet precise business requirements for clients.
- Managed Services: Managed service providers assume responsibility for the successful running of software or the provision of services on behalf of the client in an outsourcing arrangement. Managed services typically involve around the clock monitoring and management of software and infrastructure to ensue that service level agreements are met. Managed services can cover any aspect of a client's IT infrastructure. For example, managed security services are often purchased by companies if they do not have internal resources with the skill set or the time to protect systems against malware or data theft.
- Resellers / VARs : Resellers provide an additional sales channel for a company's products, apart from their own sales team. This can be a very useful way of enter new, perhaps international, markets. Although resellers are finding buyers for a company's products, they generally do not take inventory of those products, unlike distributors who do take an inventory position. VARs are resellers who adds features or services to an product before selling it to end-users as an integrated product.
Convergence Consulting Group is a consulting and solution implementation firm specializing in Business Intelligence solutions, broadly defined to include: data governance, predictive analytics, user-defined alerts, data mining, what-if analysis, and visual dashboards.
EdgeRock Technology Partners provides full-lifecycle project delivery services including advisory, implementation and managed services. The firm has expertise in enterprise ERP systems, content management, and cloud and infrastructure services.
CloudBase is a digital transformation service provider offering technology consulting, and software implementation services.
iOLAP’s Big Data Architect Solutions are designed to support big data architectures that are on premise, in the cloud, as well as hybrid configurations. The vendor’s value proposition is that they offer depth and breadth of experience across the technology universe, thus offering practical, technolo…
HelpWire allows users to provide technical support and diagnostics of USB and COM port devices remotely. If you are developing or supplying products that can be supported via a USB or serial port, HelpWire aims to be the simplest and most convenient way to save a great deal of time and money on prod…
SS&C offers Advent Outsourcing Services, an IT outsourcing solution which is variable to suit the client's needs for hosted services our outsourced IT operations and back office services, as well as data management and secure data warehousing.
WHO WE ARE NCC is a network of connected, young and passionate software engineers. Our firm is based in Hanoi, Vietnam and was founded by 4 experienced and enthusiastic software engineers in 2014-09-01. We are a young, small start-up. We build everything around "People". We are agile software engine…
According to the vendor, Rahi Systems, is dedicated to helping our customers leverage best-of-breed technologies to execute their business strategy. We are uniquely capable of combining data center, IT and audio/video solutions to create an integrated environment that drives efficiencies, enhances c…
Virtusa, headquartered in Southborough, offers business process outsourcing (BPO) and other IT outsourcing features.
Sierra Wireless headquartered in Richmond offers AirLink Professional Services, full-service networking solutions for enterprises.
e-Core IT Solutions headquartered in White Plains is an Atlassian Platinum Enterprise Solution Partner and provides Atlassian deployment, migration, and support with management and maintenance of Atlassian tools.
Sirius Computer Solutions offers a wide range of IT professional services, including infrastructure design and implementation, security testing and consulting, cloud migration and related consulting, as well as financial services. In addition to these services Sirius also provides managed IT.
Park Place Technologies headquartered in Illinois offers their IT support services, providing IT relocation, asset maintenance or upgrading, and related services.
HPE Pointnext Services is a portfolio of digital transformation services, network consulting, as well as managed services for day-to-day IT tasks.
Advanced's range of Managed IT Services are specifically designed to help customers align their IT functions to their core business requirement. These services can support everything from individual applications through to an entire infrastructure environment, across a range of platforms including C…
INEXTURE was established in 2014, with a vision to cater something exclusive to clients with cutting-edge technologies. The vendor states they achieve the target since inception with hard work, transparency, honesty and best work ethics. Inexture provides its customers with web development and desi…
Fishbowl Solutions is a consulting and implementation partner specializing in content management, PDM, PLM and MCAD solutions. based on Oracle WebCenter Content and Portal, Pro/INTRALINK, PDMLink, and others.
CRM manager is a Salesforce implementation, integration, and partner that was acquired by Salesforce partner Simplus.
ForeFront is a global technology consulting firm specializing in business transformation, integration, custom development and other domains. The company partners with Apttus, Salesforce, ServiceMax, and IBM.