1&1/Lonos offers a great value for your money with ease of use!1&1 (now Ionos) is a domain registrar and hosting service provider. I have been using it to register my domains and purchase SSL certificates for years. Their domain registration price includes free private registration so that your details will not be published on WHOIS and their dashboard is easy to navigate and use.,Private registration: 1&1 offers free private registration which makes them an automatic favorite. Reliable customer service: always someone available when I call in and I have never had my issue not get resolved. Easy to use dashboard: domains in one place with DNS settings and other things that can be tweaked. It's easy to add an SSL certificate to domains as well.,I don't really have any specific issues with 1&1. The only thing I can think of is that when I call into customer service, sometimes the wait time has been really long. So if they could shorten that up, I'd be happy.,10,Thanks to 1&1, I have saved money on my domain costs with the free private registration and with a very reasonably priced SSL certificate. I save at least $100 a year using 1&1,GoDaddy and iPage,iPage, GoDaddy1&1 for email and domain hosting1&1 is utilized across our entire organization for email and domain hosting.,1&1 provides domain hosting. 1&1 provides excellent customer service. 1&1 provides email hosting.,1&1 offers a lot of a cart services. They could do a better job at integrating services that are purchased separately from each other.,8,1&1 host our email and domains adequately. We can easily add and remove emails as needed. 1&1 also works with our website platform, Memberclicks.,GoDaddy,MemberClicks, PayPal Payments, Dropbox, Canva1&1 Is A Dependable Web Hosting Solution1&1 is our web hosting solution, registrar, and email provider. They are a dependable solution for us that enables us to present a website with almost zero maintenance time.,Their uptime is outstanding. They have great customer support with real people. They have all the technologies available I need to run my website. Their dashboard is easy to use.,I wish they'd let you use other SSL providers.,10,There is no downtime so we appear dependable to our customers. The cost of 1&1 is very reasonable.,Rackspace and Pagely,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, Slack,No,Price Product Features Product Reputation,I don't think I would change my evaluation and selection process. I'm very happy with my choice.
1&1

1&1 Reviews

1&1
Filter 7 vetted 1&1 reviews and ratings

Ruby Javaid profile photo
January 29, 2019

Review: "1&1/Lonos offers a great value for your money with ease of use!"

• Private registration: 1&1 offers free private registration which makes them an automatic favorite.
  • Reliable customer service: always someone available when I call in and I have never had my issue not get resolved.
  • Easy to use dashboard: domains in one place with DNS settings and other things that can be tweaked. It's easy to add an SSL certificate to domains as well.
  • I don't really have any specific issues with 1&1. The only thing I can think of is that when I call into customer service, sometimes the wait time has been really long. So if they could shorten that up, I'd be happy.
Reasonable pricing (SSL certificate for only $30! vs the usual $99), ease of use on the backend and/or dashboard, and reliable customer service, all make this a win in my book. And, of course, you can't beat the free private registration that comes with each domain purchase. I've been recommending 1&1 to all my clients for domain purchases for years.
Read Ruby Javaid's full review
Elaine Truesdale profile photo
August 02, 2018

User Review: "1&1 for email and domain hosting"

1&1 is utilized across our entire organization for email and domain hosting.
  • 1&1 provides domain hosting.
  • 1&1 provides excellent customer service.
  • 1&1 provides email hosting.
  • 1&1 offers a lot of a cart services. They could do a better job at integrating services that are purchased separately from each other.
1&1 host our domain and email. They have excellent customer service. And, I rarely have any problems, but I do not know how much better they are than other hosting services.
Read Elaine Truesdale's full review
Emily Preston profile photo
January 24, 2018

Review: "1&1 Is A Dependable Web Hosting Solution"

• Their uptime is outstanding.
  • They have great customer support with real people.
  • They have all the technologies available I need to run my website.
  • Their dashboard is easy to use.
  • I wish they'd let you use other SSL providers.
I run five websites off of 1&1 for different outshoots of the company. For our web needs it works perfectly. We have a midgrade hosting package and it works perfectly. I know if issues arose from traffic or storage space 1&1 would have a solution for us.
Read Emily Preston's full review

1&1 Scorecard Summary

About 1&1

1&1 is a website domain registration service.

1&1 Technical Details