8x8 X Series Review

May 06, 2022
We used to use 8x8 X Series to assist our clients with live phone call interactions, emails, and all other notifications that there is …

Solid phone system

April 28, 2022
We are using 8x8 X Series as our digital phone for our customer success as well as sales staff for both inbound and outbound phone calls. …

Call recording (190)

Message alerts (221)

Directory of employee names (190)

Answering rules (229)

Call Management

VoIP system collaboration

Mobile apps

What is 8x8 X Series?

8x8 X series promises smarter, more efficient ways to connect with customers and employees. 8x8 says its X Series delivers a powerful Unified Communications platform that provides one solution for voice, video and chat across any device, anytime and anywhere. The vendor says 8x8 X Series includes these communication tools:

Cloud phone service—Reliable, feature-rich cloud based phone service
Advanced call forwarding—Never miss an important call again by forwarding your office calls to your cell phone, home phone
Chat/Messaging—Quickly resolve questions with inter-company chat that’s safe and secure
Business SMS—Send, receive and track text messages
Presence —See who is on the phone and who is available by checking their status icon; no more chasing people down
Mobile and Desktop apps—8x8 Work desktop and mobile apps make it simple to call, IM, schedule meetings and more
Online meetings—Collaboration with web, audio and video conferencing
Internet faxing—Send and receive unlimited faxes online
Call recording—Easily record and save telephone calls
Global dial plan—With a global plan, you get unlimited calling to 40 international locations
Call Quality Analytics —Visibility into all communications
Supervisor Analytics - Trend analysis and metrics on sites, endpoints and call queues

8x8 X Series Features

8x8 X Series Competitors

8x8 X Series Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is 8x8 X Series?

8x8 Virtual Office is a unified business phone and VoIP communications service. It includes features such as instant messaging, softphone, video calling, web conferencing, call recording, visual voicemail. Prices range from $22-$175 per user per month, depending on amount of features desired.

What is 8x8 X Series's best feature?

Reviewers rate Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) highest, with a score of 9.9.

Who uses 8x8 X Series?

The most common users of 8x8 X Series are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Real Estate industry.

8x8 X Series has all of the features I need, and plenty that I don't utilize at the moment - but I will when I add more people to my team. The features are easy to implement and use. I have never had a problem with dropped calls, bad connections, etc., as I used to have with the previous VOIP phone service provider I used before hooking up with 8x8 X Series. The price is right and I couldn't be happier.
Unfortunately, the company we tried before is not listed here. It was TPx (formerly TelePacific) and it was a costly nightmare. Everything from on-boarding to final deployment had problems. They had one very nice customer service person that I worked with and he was outstanding, but everyone else in the company had communication problems, which is ironic since they billed themselves as a unified communications company. They were everything that 8x8 isn't. They'd nickel and dime (more like dollars upon dollars) for every add-on feature. As an example, they'd charge hundreds of dollars for monthly analytics reports. Monthly! With 8x8, reports are at your finger tips daily if you wish. I could go on and on about how poorly we were treated and mislead, but no need. Suffice to say, 8x8 was a refreshing breath of air and we were so happy we found them.
8x8 Beat Ring Central price by a large margin and offered more than what we were looking for.

Braodview was just a terrible product from our expierience, Always had issues with the phone and support. Knowing we are a health care company, and were supposed to have Gold support, They would always go past thier SLA's to get back to us. Several times they needed to reset the "Sill" on thier side for our phones to function correctly
The 8x8 UCaaS solution provides the same functionality that we were looking for that is the same as the other cloud-only phone vendors that we also looked at. However, the integration of the 8x8 UCaaS with the 8x8 CCaaS was also a big factor in why we liked 8x8 better. The pricing of 8x8 also was more favorable and their sales team was the most responsive and helpful out of all the vendors.
November 12, 2021

One and done

• AT&T Communications Outsourcing
I prefer 8 x 8 [X Series] for its ease of use. I like that 8 x 8 [X Series] offers real live support. I like that 8 x 8 [X Series] rarely sends emails or interruptions my business day with questionnaires or surveys like this one I appreciate not being forced to provide fifty-word feedback when 3 would do.
Michael Weisel | TrustRadius Reviewer
8x8 [X Series] was much easier to manage. For what 8x8 cost us in money, it saved us a lot of time. We were constantly having to mess with our open source PBX to get it to do what we wanted it to. Also, we had only one person on our team who really understood it.
  • Comcast Business VOIP (VoiceEdge)
I have used Comcast Business Voice. While the service was excellent, the feature set was sub-par to that of 8x8 Virtual Office. The ability to work remotely and take your phone wherever you go is nice. Also the ability to make and receive calls from a web browser offer[s] more flexibility.
Joe Khoe | TrustRadius Reviewer
8x8 outperformed all companies and produce results - exactly what we needed. 8x8 may not be the cheapest VoIP company, but their system works solid.
Having one place to go for all your business phone calls, faxes, call recordings, chats, virtual meetings and be able to do the same from a business phone, desktop app, or remotely on a mobile app is priceless
We chose to go for 8x8 [X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)] in the end mainly because of the partner and the support they offered us dealing with a huge corporate business like vodafone for a landline solution is not the best and you don't get a decent service. I would recommend the 8x8 [X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)] as it is a fully managed and supported system.
Daniel Bonilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • RingCentral, Zoom, 3CX and Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)
8x8 X Series had competitive pricing and we absorbed another environment that was already under contract. In an attempt to have a single unified ucaas we migrated to 8x8. Cisco UCM and 3CX were more involved when setting up but gave us the ability to do anything we wanted with our calls. We had more freedom and did not have forced obsolescence with our PC or wireless clients. 8x8 on the other hand was very easy to setup once we had our call routing and flow and requires us to constantly update.
July 11, 2021

8x8 X Series Review

Large companies sacrifice customer service and quality of service for cost and getting new customers. The upgrade of the virtual portals is cumbersome and not effective. The app on the computer seems to be very easy to use, but limited and the functionality often requires us to contact customer service—who is not available and often pawn me off to other agents who seeming help, but then I suffer collateral damage. When I added a new telephone number in February, I lost my fax number. When I fixed the fax numbers, a month later, I had no outgoing messages and outgoing voice messages for my voice mail. The links between the records were undone by an 8x8 upgrade. Again, I wasted hours to get this correct. Finally, my services, for no reason, were disconnected in May. It took me hours to "reconnect" but when I reconnected, it still did not work. It cut me off from Chat, etc and when I continued to try and get this fixed, after spending 2-3 hours last week, I am done. I am still not fully restored. I am going through a local company now.
I have not used any alternatives since the years of Worldcom or MCI. There have been times I wanted to test the waters and see if another company would be a better fit. After reaching out to them or researching online, I found it unnecessary to do so.
June 17, 2021

8x8: Honest Review

If I had a choice to pick otherwise, I would. I came into the company when they already had 8x8 and it is such an issue. The fact that you have to have the VO AND the VCC open at the same time, llike why? I would definitely not choose them over quite a few companies.