Score 8.3 out of 10

8x8 is great!

December 21, 2022
I use 8x8 to contact 4PL warehouses & carriers to make sure deliveries are made on time. Our Success Managers use 8x8 to call clients …

Beginner user

December 21, 2022
We use it to communicate all the different departments within the organization and the different communities as well as mobile users.
Severa…

• Call recording (218)
  • Message alerts (254)
  • Answering rules (258)
  • Directory of employee names (221)

1 video

User Review: Small Business Uses 8x8 X Series To Keep Communication Flowing Between Employees
01:51

Zest4 | 8x8 X Series - Engagement is Connection, Context and Collaboration
02:58

Features

Cloud PBX

A cloud PBX system is based on cloud computing technology where data is stored and transferred over the intenet without any need for on-site PBX equipment

8.5Avg 8.2

Call Management

Customized phone system settings

8.5Avg 8.3

VoIP system collaboration

Team collaboration via cloud phone system

8.4Avg 8.1

Mobile apps

Apps are compatible with mobile devices.

8.6Avg 8.3

What is 8x8 X Series?

8x8 X series promises smarter, more efficient ways to connect with customers and employees. 8x8 says its X Series delivers a powerful Unified Communications platform that provides one solution for voice, video and chat across any device, anytime and anywhere. The vendor says 8x8 X Series includes these communication tools:

Cloud phone service—Reliable, feature-rich cloud based phone service
Advanced call forwarding—Never miss an important call again by forwarding your office calls to your cell phone, home phone
Chat/Messaging—Quickly resolve questions with inter-company chat that’s safe and secure
Business SMS—Send, receive and track text messages
Presence —See who is on the phone and who is available by checking their status icon; no more chasing people down
Mobile and Desktop apps—8x8 Work desktop and mobile apps make it simple to call, IM, schedule meetings and more
Online meetings—Collaboration with web, audio and video conferencing
Internet faxing—Send and receive unlimited faxes online
Call recording—Easily record and save telephone calls
Global dial plan—With a global plan, you get unlimited calling to 40 international locations
Call Quality Analytics —Visibility into all communications
Supervisor Analytics - Trend analysis and metrics on sites, endpoints and call queues

8x8 X Series Features

8x8 X Series Competitors

8x8 X Series Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

8x8 Virtual Office is a unified business phone and VoIP communications service. It includes features such as instant messaging, softphone, video calling, web conferencing, call recording, visual voicemail. Prices range from $22-$175 per user per month, depending on amount of features desired.

Reviewers rate Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of 8x8 X Series are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

I was experiencing a problem with a company harassing me but unfortunately, I was unable to block the phone number due to the way our system was set up. The customer service representative worked with me to change the configuration of our system so I was able to block the phone number from the spam caller. The representative was extremely thorough, friendly, and knowledgeable. He tested the system multiple times to make sure it was working properly before disconnecting our call. Ultimately, he fixed the problem because I never received another phone call from the spam company.
Starting a new business, we were faced with a dilemma: Should we employ 8x8 or go with a different leading communications specialist company. Deciding to continue with 8x8 provided less hassle than signing up the first time around. Setting up, choosing a plan, and relievering overall care was immaculate and just about a streamlined system. Very Lovely.
December 16, 2022

8x8 is great

I had changed some of the extensions after one employee left our company. This created a bit a problem with calls not going to the correct people, and people getting calls simultaneously. It took a while to resolve and I had to go to a few different people, but it was eventually resolved, and I now now that if we are to change extensions, it is best to delete the user and then create a new user as opposed to just changing the extensions.
At one time, our call center was going through issues where the call in the queue could not be answered and there was a call stuck in the queue for over 24 hrs. 8x8 Support were keeping us udated with all they did, It took about 2-3 days to finally get the fix, but this was a first time they had seen this happen on thier side. Not sure what the issue was as they were able to fix it and we were given a workaround to keep the calls coming and going
I just started this new job (still new) but I had so many questions to come up from the users of the company. I needed help on everything from just the basic admin stuff to understanding everything else. 8x8, I felt like they held my hand through the process of learning the program. It has been great. They have so many resources available not to forget their webinars that are really insightful to admins still trying to learn the program.
8X8 is an exceptional service! Over the years, I have seen the support side gain more knowledge and experience. The most recent issue I've encountered was already known by the company and an update was already available to correct the desktop issue. I haven't had to pick up the phone in months! Thank you, 8x8! Time is money. Time is very valuable.
I elaborated on this in my main review, but I talked about the time when I tried to get my wireless handheld onto the platform, even though it wasn't issued through 8x8. The rep and I spent over 4 hours trying to get it to work and he even worked on it on his own at home and provided me with a solution the following day. He didn't have to do that mainly because that phone wasn't supported any longer and it wasn't listed on their website as an acceptable use case.
Daniel Herrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whenever I ask for the support team to change the phone numbers of our extensions, I get exceptional support from them. I will ask them if they have a specific area code within their pool of numbers and if they don't they react and find me the closest number to the area code that I am looking for instead of having me look for them.