8x8 X Series Review

May 06, 2022
We used to use 8x8 X Series to assist our clients with live phone call interactions, emails, and all other notifications that there is …

Solid phone system

April 28, 2022
We are using 8x8 X Series as our digital phone for our customer success as well as sales staff for both inbound and outbound phone calls. …

I'm not in love

April 21, 2022
We are a residential cleaning company. We have 2 people that answer the phones to book maid services. We like the ring queue that we set …

8x8 X Series Experience

April 12, 2022
We use the 8x8 X Series system across 14 Branches located in the New England Area. We have problems with running the 8x8 X Series Desktop …

8x8 Hospital Usage

April 08, 2022
We use 8x8 for our Hospital. I work in the centralized scheduling department and we take incoming phone calls for Doctors' appointments …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Call recording (187)

9.2

Message alerts (218)

Directory of employee names (187)

Answering rules (226)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of 8x8 X Series, and make your voice heard!

8x8 Express

Call Management

VoIP system collaboration

Mobile apps

What is 8x8 X Series?

8x8 X series promises smarter, more efficient ways to connect with customers and employees. 8x8 says its X Series delivers a powerful Unified Communications platform that provides one solution for voice, video and chat across any device, anytime and anywhere. The vendor says 8x8 X Series includes these communication tools:

Cloud phone service—Reliable, feature-rich cloud based phone service
Advanced call forwarding—Never miss an important call again by forwarding your office calls to your cell phone, home phone
Chat/Messaging—Quickly resolve questions with inter-company chat that’s safe and secure
Business SMS—Send, receive and track text messages
Presence —See who is on the phone and who is available by checking their status icon; no more chasing people down
Mobile and Desktop apps—8x8 Work desktop and mobile apps make it simple to call, IM, schedule meetings and more
Online meetings—Collaboration with web, audio and video conferencing
Internet faxing—Send and receive unlimited faxes online
Call recording—Easily record and save telephone calls
Global dial plan—With a global plan, you get unlimited calling to 40 international locations
Call Quality Analytics —Visibility into all communications
Supervisor Analytics - Trend analysis and metrics on sites, endpoints and call queues

8x8 X Series Features

8x8 X Series Competitors

8x8 X Series Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is 8x8 X Series?

8x8 Virtual Office is a unified business phone and VoIP communications service. It includes features such as instant messaging, softphone, video calling, web conferencing, call recording, visual voicemail. Prices range from $22-$175 per user per month, depending on amount of features desired.

What is 8x8 X Series's best feature?

Reviewers rate Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) highest, with a score of 9.8.

Who uses 8x8 X Series?

The most common users of 8x8 X Series are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Real Estate industry.

Before 8x8, scheduling a meeting you would have to click on a link, type in a bunch of numbers, and go through a vendor for face to face, now with 8x8 it's a one-click solution and everything is at your fingertips. When trying to reach someone in the company quickly, in the past we had to call them, with the texting feature, you can text them a quick message and they can get back to you just as quickly
The 8x8 X Series allows flexibility to use the company phone system whether you are physically in the office using a handset, or are working remotely using the app on your smartphone. We are able to deploy 8x8 X Series very quickly since there is no requirement for PBX hardware or telco lines since you just need to be connected to the internet. We can easily get new users on the 8x8 phone system immediately.
Derek Dukes | TrustRadius Reviewer
For small business[es] that need a robust PBX package, 8x8 X Series is one of the better products in the market. The phones offered are some of the best, and while aspects such as the online portal can use some work, the product as a whole works well.
I feel that the 8x8 X Series work desktop app should be able to tie into being capable of sending to desk phone in a better manner. I am finding that some features need to be upgraded for more flexibility like being able to park a call from my computer to my phone call buttons. I love the fact that we can search for an employee within the company to contact them from our 8x8 X Series work desktop app but I don't like the fact that the directory can not be loaded into our desk phone directory so I find I use the computer app so much more.
April 08, 2022

8x8 Hospital Usage

I work in a scheduling office for a Hospital and it is very nice that I can use 8x8 at home and on my cell phone when needed. I like how it is able to be used anywhere and at all times. I am a supervisor and have 8x8 on my cell phone so my staff is able to get ahold of me if needed when I am in meetings. I also like that my staff and I can use the video chat and share the screen when someone has questions I can look at their screen and help them. The downside that I don't care for is when I am working on my computer and typing and a phone call comes in it will automatically answer that phone call when I am typing. Lots of times I am in a meeting and can not take that phone call and did not want to answer it, but I was typing and it answered automatically.
I am pleased with the time that customer service takes to get back to me. It seems like it is no time at all. The documents that they have online are really helpful as well and up to date. They have great webinars that explain how to do different stuff.
The good thing about 8x8 is it provides you analytics of how many inbound, outbound, answered/missed calls in a day. Although it doesn't really store calls beyond 1 month and we might need it just to keep track or if we ever need to backtrack a customer's conversation with our agent.
March 29, 2022

Health company

Well-suited and relatively reasonably priced solution for a small clinic. Allows for job share of admin staff.

Having lines for all staff members is unaffordable but also challenging if a client/patient were to leave a message in the wrong mailbox.
The system works well in most cases, especially if you have a smaller, less complex company. When you start getting into complex call routing through multiple states using auto attendants, call queues, ring groups, etc. it can work fine, but getting a support person with enough knowledge to help can be challenging. Overall, we have a favorable outlook on 8x8, but the support has gotten worse as the years go by. We used to have several points of contact that were dedicated to us, but now we call an 800 number and hope for the best.
8x8 is well suited for the smallest business to a large enterprise for anyone looking to streamline communications, enable a remote/mobile or hybrid workforce, and also anyone looking to upgrade off on-premise technology to an always-on cloud system. 8x8 would not be well suited for businesses with aging infrastructure with outdated data cabling that prefers to have IP desk phones or any hotel/hospitality customers.
February 26, 2022

8x8 is a Great Resource!

I have a very phone-heavy job. I receive calls, texts, and fax every day. This takes a few different programs and puts them into one great experience. I don't have to worry about my phone not ringing or alerting me of a new call. It wouldn't be used to its potential in a fewer communications-heavy job.
It is well suited for busy offices with heavy phone traffic. It is good when calls come into the mainline, not each person's individual line. It is good for offices with remote workers. It is good for offices with various locations. It is not good for areas with poor reception (app) or areas with frequent internet outages.
Jondre Chandler | TrustRadius Reviewer
8x8 has given us great flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic, not only to have our agents for the call center work remotely, but all office employees being able to be loaded 8x8 Work as softphones on computers and smartphones. This gave everyone much-needed flexibility to continue working, no matter where they need to be.