8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office) Reviews

April 01, 2021
Karla Singson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

We have talked to a couple of people not just from 8x8 but also from VOIP Advice. They all were extremely helpful, patient, and thorough. We felt that they really valued us as a customer and they never let anything fall through the cracks. They also check with us to make sure that we are continuously happy with the service.
Read Karla Singson's full review
November 16, 2020
Matt LaMunyan | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

The support team has not been very knowledgeable in my opinion. I have called for support assistance in a couple of instances and the rep didn't know what was wrong or they did and did not relay or provide good resources or knowledge on how to utilize the system correctly.
Read Matt LaMunyan's full review
November 23, 2020
Michael Ray | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

I call their support all the time. They're really nice, very knowledgeable. No complains about their support.
Read Michael Ray's full review
November 29, 2020

Support Rating

I had very good interactions with the general support staff, whether it was over the phone or using the support portal. They are very responsive and do their very best to answer my questions to my satisfaction. My experience with follow-up by our sales representative has been below expectations, especially when it came to modifying our account.
November 10, 2020

Support Rating

First level support is not very good. Reps are often difficult to understand and many times aren't very knowledgeable.
November 05, 2020
Bill Richcreek | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

8x8 support has pretty much resolved any and all issues in a timely manner, and where follow up was needed, they provided it with no problems or issues.
Read Bill Richcreek's full review
October 15, 2020
Christopher Alcumbrack | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

I very rarely rate 10 as I believe there is always room for improvement. With that having been said, 8x8 customer support has been outstanding each and every time I have had to use it. They are quick in taking action, and quick in finding a solution to my problem.
Read Christopher Alcumbrack's full review
August 27, 2020
Tim Layton | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Very easy to use. In this day of age, finding a company with a great product, competitive pricing and top of
the line customer service is hard to do. We found it with 8x8 and look forward to using it for many years to come.
We also will be happy to recommend it to anyone else who is looking for suggestions.
Read Tim Layton's full review
Josh Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

8x8 Customer service is worse than ATT and Xfinity combined. There has been several times where we have had to wait longer than a day for an issue that should be solved within minutes. There has been times where we have almost waited a week. The customer service disregards any time that we put in for them to call back. And when we select the option to have them email back, they will call us back instead. We have had to let go of a few employees because we were waiting for a reply for our tickets. I absolutely loathe having to deal with 8x8 customer support. It seems like they just want to clear out the ticket with no real solution. A serious, serious problem. Our rep Melissa is wonderful. If she could work with us every single time that would be amazing.
Read Josh Kim's full review
Lisa Maier | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Until recently, support was excellent. Technical support calls were always answered, and the technician either resolved the issue or escalated. Now, it is a bit more convoluted, in that some calls are answered and some are shunted off to chat or email. As a small business owner who doesn't have a lot of time, this is very inconvenient and the service is not as high.
Read Lisa Maier's full review
Ed Propst | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Overall, you do a very good job and support has been responsive. I have had issues understanding several of the offshore support folks, and I must admit, I get impatient whenever I feel the issue is not getting resolved or it's not with an analyst who is senior enough. But overall, the 8x8 team has done well. Part of the impatience is my own impatience on many technology/support related calls!
Read Ed Propst's full review
Peyton Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Sometimes support has been difficult to communicate with, though once the problem has been understood, support has been nothing but tenacious. Support has also been creative and pro-active in responding and in directing me to solutions - specifically in terms of problem solving the addition of a "hard" fax line.
Read Peyton Wilson's full review
Bret Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

8x8 support has been very responsive, except for one issue we have outstanding. As an international organization, we need to be able to call most countries in the world. 8x8 has blocked calling to countries where scam is rampant. Unfortunately, we have staff in some of those countries and although we have tried to get the countries unblocked, support has basically ignored our request to do so. So users have had to use their mobile phones to make those calls at higher calling rates and get reimbursed for them.
Read Bret Miller's full review
Kyle Panackia | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Support staff is generally helpful and willing to resolve issues. I've found submitting a ticket to be much better than trying to use their web chat feature. There is a way to report problems directly through the app which is nice. Hopefully overall app stability improves and there will be less reason to contact support.
Read Kyle Panackia's full review
August 13, 2020
Ken Berta | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

The support was better when it was staffed by US based techs that had actually used the product - sometimes, I have more knowledge than the Tier 1 support staff.
Read Ken Berta's full review
June 22, 2020
Kal Wiggins | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Spotty service at best. My line eventually stopped letting customers through and then wouldn't even let them leave a voicemail. Support was uninterested in fixing it and barely spoke English. I've spent over 2 months trying to cancel and the cancellation team just keeps trying to set up an appointment with me but then doesn't call even if I do that. It's astounding that I can't just call the billing dept and sort this. They apparently don't have phones... AT A PHONE COMPANY.
Read Kal Wiggins's full review
October 07, 2020
Craig Funk | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

The technical support tried to be helpful but ultimately couldn't resolve issues. We would have needed to hire an on-site IT person. The customer service support is terrible, especially Kevan.
Read Craig Funk's full review
May 15, 2020
Jonathan Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Very happy with the products, delivery, and quality of service. The follow-through on the customer service after the initial onboarding is basically what brings me down somewhat. But overall very strong and very satisfied.
Read Jonathan Harris's full review
May 08, 2020
Adrienne Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

The support was lackluster. I thought my sales rep was going to set up the phone system for me and it took several weeks of going back and forth and then being handed off to an implementation person who helped a great deal, but overall there was an impatience on both the part of sales and implementation with the number of calls that were needed to understand and set the system up. They both told me they were admonished by their management for spending too much time with me on my calls. I tried the chat feature, tutorials, and webinars, but ultimately needed a live person to help me with the final questions needed to set everything up.
Read Adrienne Robinson's full review
May 07, 2020
Rick Corey | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Every question or concern I have had was answered quickly and thoroughly. To be honest, the only issues we have had came during the implementation and transfer away from our previous SIP and the old system. Support has been amazing.
Read Rick Corey's full review

Hosted PBX (108)
6.2
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (50)
User templates (106)
Call reports (140)
Directory of employee names (150)
Answering rules (180)
Call recording (147)
Call park (139)
Call screening (129)
6.7
Message alerts (173)
Video conferencing (86)
Audio conferencing (126)
Video screen sharing (47)
Instant messaging (60)
Mobile app for iOS (144)
Mobile app for Android (105)
6.1

What is 8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)?

8x8 X series promises smarter, more efficient ways to connect with customers and employees. 8x8 says its X Series delivers a powerful Unified Communications platform that provides one solution for voice, video and chat across any device, anytime and anywhere. The vendor says 8x8 X Series includes these communication tools:

Cloud phone service—Reliable, feature-rich cloud based phone service
Advanced call forwarding—Never miss an important call again by forwarding your office calls to your cell phone, home phone
Chat/Messaging—Quickly resolve questions with inter-company chat that’s safe and secure
Business SMS—Send, receive and track text messages
Presence —See who is on the phone and who is available by checking their status icon; no more chasing people down
Mobile and Desktop apps—8x8 Work desktop and mobile apps make it simple to call, IM, schedule meetings and more
Online meetings—Collaboration with web, audio and video conferencing
Internet faxing—Send and receive unlimited faxes online
Call recording—Easily record and save telephone calls
Global dial plan—With a global plan, you get unlimited calling to 40 international locations
Call Quality Analytics —Visibility into all communications
Supervisor Analytics - Trend analysis and metrics on sites, endpoints and call queues

8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office) Features

Cloud PBX Features

Has featureHosted PBX
Has featureUser templates
Has featureCall reports
Has featureDirectory of employee names

Call Management Features

Has featureAudio conferencing
Has featureVideo screen sharing
Has featureInstant messaging

Mobile apps Features

Has featureMobile app for iOS
Has featureMobile app for Android