8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office) Reviews

Jonathan Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2020

8x8 offers improved ROI, better quality of service and will scale with your business.

Support Rating

Very happy with the products, delivery, and quality of service. The follow-through on the customer service after the initial onboarding is basically what brings me down somewhat. But overall very strong and very satisfied.
Read Jonathan Harris's full review
Adrienne Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 08, 2020

Labor intensive for the low price

Support Rating

The support was lackluster. I thought my sales rep was going to set up the phone system for me and it took several weeks of going back and forth and then being handed off to an implementation person who helped a great deal, but overall there was an impatience on both the part of sales and implementation with the number of calls that were needed to understand and set the system up. They both told me they were admonished by their management for spending too much time with me on my calls. I tried the chat feature, tutorials, and webinars, but ultimately needed a live person to help me with the final questions needed to set everything up.
Read Adrienne Robinson's full review
Rick Corey | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 07, 2020

8x8 X Series Saved Our Business During the COVID-19 Crisis

Support Rating

Every question or concern I have had was answered quickly and thoroughly. To be honest, the only issues we have had came during the implementation and transfer away from our previous SIP and the old system. Support has been amazing.
Read Rick Corey's full review
William Perdue | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 04, 2020

8x8 for a small a non-profit organization

Support Rating

Customer support is good, and can usually correct any problems on the first try. The only criticism I have is that the web-based ticketing system sometimes does not update properly when trying to update tickets. Representatives are knowledgeable and can connect remotely to help with any setup issues. Phone, email, and chat support are all available.
Read William Perdue's full review
Karla Singson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 03, 2020

After a Long Deliberation, We Stuck with 8x8

Support Rating

We have talked to a couple of people not just from 8x8 but also from VOIP Advice. They all were extremely helpful, patient, and thorough. We felt that they really valued us as a customer and they never let anything fall through the cracks. They also check with us to make sure that we are continuously happy with the service.
Read Karla Singson's full review
Ronald Cunningham | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 22, 2020

So Quick, So Easy and No Headaches...and It Works Great.

Support Rating

From day one, they are available and helpful. I had virtually nothing to do for setup except to verify that it was working, both on laptop and my mobile. And converting my phone to retain my old phone number was seamless and no work at all for me. great job with no hassle.
Read Ronald Cunningham's full review
Jacob Baldwin | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2020

8x8 X Series

Support Rating

It often takes a while to have a representative answer my service needs, and when they do answer, the problems are not always fixed right away.
Read Jacob Baldwin's full review
May 15, 2020

8x8 - A company that I've been using since 2005 (as an employee) and now through 2020 as a business owner. Services for the cost is unbeatable.

Support Rating

They've never not been able to fix my issue in a relatively quick amount of time.

On one occasion, the rep spent probably four hours with me trying to figure out how we could code a wireless handheld that they did support, but that had been hardcoded to be used by Cisco or through Cisco. He even worked on it from home that evening because we were both intent on making it work because we had spent that much time.

Typically though, calls are only a few minutes and my issues are usually a little more complicated. The easy stuff takes seconds and we're done.
May 15, 2020

8x8 is an excellent investment for startup businesses that need a simple one-stop-shop

Support Rating

8x8's customer service has been amazing. Whenever I have had a question from 8x8, their customer service reps have always gotten back to me very quickly. They have answered my questions precisely, and I appreciate the fact that I wasn't—nothing against India—calling someone whose native language wasn't American English and who had told me their name was "Michael Jordan.....no?....Michael Johnson.....still no?...okay would you believe you are talking to Michael Jackson?"
May 03, 2020

The most affordable full-packaged VOIP System

Support Rating

From the time I began looking for a VOIP system, through signing up, onboarding, training, and the after-sales support, they were on point all the time. They are easy to talk to and I love how flexible they are with their pricing. Carlo, who closed the deal with our company, did everything he could to make sure we got what we needed and we appreciate that.
May 02, 2020

8x8 by Danny

Support Rating

Every time I call and have a question, the people at 8x8 are the best, especially Yosemite Bent. He is able to setup screen shares with different departments, he is very knowledgeable about the system, and can answer most of my questions himself. I have had a hard time getting the dialer to work but I just don’t think I need it.
May 01, 2020

Reliable and Affordable Service for Small Business

Support Rating

Other than an unexpected (and unlikely) problem that arose during the deployment process any issues I've had with the service have been handled quickly and satisfactorily. The customer support with 8x8 has been immensely better than the service I was receiving through my previous provider.
April 24, 2020

Simple, inexpensive, and gets the job done

Support Rating

They're very responsive. As I mentioned before, they have a lot of features and sometimes the support doesn't have a quick, clear answer for your question, but they do always respond and will get back to you with an answer. Sometimes it takes a little back and forth to get to the actual crux of the request.

Hosted PBX (71)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (50)
User templates (71)
6.7
Call reports (95)
Directory of employee names (101)
Answering rules (128)
Call recording (101)
Call park (98)
Call screening (93)
Message alerts (120)
Video conferencing (49)
Audio conferencing (84)
Video screen sharing (15)
Instant messaging (17)
Mobile app for iOS (101)
Mobile app for Android (67)
6.7

About 8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)

8x8 X series promises smarter, more efficient ways to connect with customers and employees. 8x8 says its X Series delivers a powerful Unified Communications platform that provides one solution for voice, video and chat across any device, anytime and anywhere. The vendor says 8x8 X Series includes these communication tools:

Cloud phone service—Reliable, feature-rich cloud based phone service
Advanced call forwarding—Never miss an important call again by forwarding your office calls to your cell phone, home phone
Chat/Messaging—Quickly resolve questions with inter-company chat that’s safe and secure
Business SMS—Send, receive and track text messages
Presence —See who is on the phone and who is available by checking their status icon; no more chasing people down
Mobile and Desktop apps—Virtual Office desktop and mobile apps make it simple to call, IM, schedule meetings and more
Online meetings—Collaboration with web, audio and video conferencing
Internet faxing—Send and receive unlimited faxes online
Call recording—Easily record and save telephone calls
Global dial plan—With a global plan, you get unlimited calling to 40 international locations
Call Quality Analytics —Visibility into all communications
Supervisor Analytics - Trend analysis and metrics on sites, endpoints and call queues

8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office) Features

Cloud PBX Features
Has featureHosted PBX
Does not have featureMulti-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Has featureUser templates
Has featureCall reports
Has featureDirectory of employee names
Call Management Features
Has featureAudio conferencing
Has featureVideo screen sharing
Has featureInstant messaging
Mobile apps Features
Has featureMobile app for iOS
Has featureMobile app for Android

8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office) Integrations

G Suite, Slack, Zendesk, Okta Workforce Identity, NetSuite, Desk.com, Bullhorn CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Skype for Business (formerly Lync)

8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office) Competitors