Reviews (1-25 of 48)
- Number of experiments is unlimited.
- Experiments can overlap or not (I prefer not having overlapping).
- Widgets feature is great because you can quickly validate best practices.
- Google Analytics integration is fine but it requires code developing.
- Sometimes the information received is not accurate and they have to apply manual internal processes in order to fix it.
- Automatic insights about audience performance (ex. for an experiment running, giving info about public coming from Spain buy less).
- Running many experiments at once.
- Conversion knowledge into the company.
Less appropriate scenarios:
- Not having a development team (you can't make the best of the tool without implementing extra code).
- The price depends on traffic so for huge traffic projects, the monthly fee can be a barrier.
- It would be nice to buy the tool with a traffic limit and use it in as many projects as you like.
- Real-time changes - Ability to change and set an experience live in minutes. Without the need of a developer.
- Widgets - Being able to easily create experiences live with the ready to use widgets available from the AB Tasty library.
- Targeting experiences - Wide range of targeting options available, which allows us to easily target different customers and segments.
- Variation editor - It's pretty great but definitely room for improvement. More functionality would be great.
- Easy to use
I would definitely recommend AB Tasty for their software and their support!
- Very responsive and professional support, every time we have questions the answers are found, they answer quickly.
- Fairly easy to use, also people without development background can manage to do tests with the editor.
- Dealing with dynamic elements is quite complicated and usually requires developers help.
- We are waiting to get the heatmap back, it would bring additional value to see where in the page users have been clicking elements.
- Customer-focused. Over the past year, AB Tasty has worked with us to overcome many obstacles (e.g. tracking hurdles, ITP issues, etc.). The team always finds a solution in a timely manner to ensure we're able to execute on experiments.
- Reliability. One of the biggest hurdles earlier this year were the ITP regulations set out by Apple. Over 40% of our ad traffic was Safari users. AB Tasty was using 3rd party cookies but quickly migrated over to a local session storage solution that circumvented the issue.
- User interviews. This is currently not something any AB testing platform is doing but I think it'd be a huge value add for the company.
- Ability to take notes in more areas of the platform. AB Tasty lacks some of the robustness, in terms of project management, that you find in VWO. Ultimately this isn't a pain point, just a nice to have.
It helps us :
- To test each optimization before investing in dev
- To personalize our offer for each customer
- No limits - Unlimited tests
- The AB Tasty team - always available and always have a solution
- Code editor (HTML/CSS/JS) for quick fix or test
- The UI to implement a test
- Widget to quick adding message ont website
- Heatmap (but I know they [are working] on it)
- Page flow in the report part
- Session recording
- Reports are easy to understand and interpret for both myself and clients
- Customer support is always very helpful and responsive
- They got rid of graphs which were an important part of showing clients' performance.
- Preview links should be able to be shown if you navigate to another page.
- Easy to use dynamic page editor provides a lot of flexible and quick ways to set up tests.
- Terrific and attentive customer service, major reason we've remained. We rely partially on their development team to build some tests for us and they are wonderful.
- Consistently updating features and functionality.
- Does a real nice job with the reporting dashboards.
- Automatic conversion of global currencies to US dollar in high-level reporting would be nice (though you can filter in their reporting tool, it's just extra steps).
- Perhaps an improved folder and tagging system for easier organizing.
- Easy setup - Simple script insertion into site header.
- Intuitive interface - It took very little training for our team to understand how to start running A/B tests. The reporting is much more comprehensive, yet easily digestible than other platforms we have used or considered. Confidence scores, flexible KPI inclusions/tracking allow us to understand the results or non-result quickly and with clarity to make decisions on next steps.
- Customer support - Our CSM and tech support are always helpful and proactive when a question or issue arise. Our CSM keeps us on track when an idea might have dropped off the map due to other priorities, and brings great ideas to the table. We enjoy our monthly touchbases with her when we get to see new functionalities, how other clients successfully used them, and brainstorm ways we can use them for our experience.
- Sometimes the platform is a little glitchy and requires a refresh.
- Would be great to be able to see the experiments and projects on a timeline with their status and main result to have an immediate view of ongoing and completed projects.
- Email notification for when an experiment reaches a certain confidence level.
- Onboarding users onto the AB Tasty platform is quick and painless and does not require a technical background.
- AB Tasty plugs in really well as the next step after UX has done their user testing, providing the quantitative analysis to their qualitative analysis and helps identify areas of opportunity.
- AB Tasty's reporting suite is easy to understand and helps prevent "analysis paralysis".
- One thing that we would find helpful, and I'm not convinced it would be AB Tasty's role, is a way to do some basic modeling and projections based on the experiment results. What might we expect if we roll out this change?
- Great customer service
- Fast response time
- Easy-to-use platform
- Cost effective
- Analytics dashboard could use some work (they did make recent improvements)
- Ability to see history of changes on a test isn't there
- Can only do time targeting via custom code
The tool allows us to continually optimise our websites and increase our conversions through A/B and multivariate testing as well as serving personalised content.
- Simple one-tag implementation allows you to get up and running in minimal time.
- In-page visual editor allows changes to be made to the site without technical expertise.
- Dedicated account and technical support with impressive turnaround times.
- Strong segmentation and personalisation options.
- Huge range of integrations.
- Occasional glitches within the visual editor, especially with responsive content.
- Better debugging tools when testing experiments locally i.e. a preview environment.
- Occasionally when adding goals in to the reporting tool, they will not load immediately.
- A solution for marketers. Indeed, Ab Tasty's Saas solution does not require advanced technical knowledge, and thus allows marketers to regain control over their websites.
- A team dedicated to listening and performing. This is one of the major strengths of this start-up. Teams are available and accompany us at every moment: from training to the use of the tool, to the implementation of very specific tests.
- The interface is perfectly thought out. It is intuitive and allows you to make decisions quickly and efficiently with clear and relevant analysis tables. In addition, the solution fits perfectly into our ecosystem because it is connected to our Google Analytics account, our CRM and other internal tools.
- Finally, listening to their team makes it possible to regularly improve their tool by adding new functionalities according to the needs of the users.
- One point of improvement could be the implementation of multi-account management. Indeed, being in charge of the management of Eurosport sites around the world we try to share our actions and evolutions on our various sites.
- Nevertheless, this point is not blocking to the extent that we use our major sites to do our global redesign tests. I think that this need is specific to the media, and that the increasing implementation of customization of the UX brings us to have a more precise approach, which requires a case-by-case study.
- A/B campaign tests with easy to read indicators.
- A wide range of web marketing strategy fine tuning using powerful indicators and evidence from data analytics.
- Account Managers understand our needs and always listen to our technical or strategic questions.
- Each month a team from AB Tasty explains through a webinar a key concept of AB testing or tips to be operational and autonomous on the interface, and this is very helpful.
- AB Tasty's interface is complete, intuitive and innovative.
- It would be useful to have more examples of winning tests in different industries, it is always inspiring.
- Apart from traditional options of the interface, it is sometimes difficult to run the tests by ourselves.
- Ab tasty helped us to very easily create promotional pop-ups to highlight our gift with purchase operations. It allows us to be very prompt in launching a gift and promoting it.
- We had some refresh to do on our portrait version on tablet, and AB tasty helped us to target the tablet in portrait, and to display a message suggesting to pivot the tablet to have better navigation. It helped us to avoid having to do development to display this message.
- We had really different point of view regarding up-selling banners. AB tasty helped us to create an AB test allowing us to compare conversion rate and average basket with respect to the up-selling banner was displayed or not, and helped us make a decision thanks to concrete results.
- A debugger console is missing, because it is sometimes hard to understand why your personalization is not displaying.
We learn everyday by testing things that would take longer to develop on the first hand.
AB Tasty Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is AB Tasty?
AB Tasty is a provider of AI-powered experimentation and personalization, helping businesses drive more conversions and revenue on all their digital assets. The vendor states that with their optimization platform marketing and product teams are enabled to turn website visitors into customers, subscribers or leads, while delivering outstanding user experiences. Presently the vendor boasts a customer list that includes Ashley Furniture, Kiehl's, Sephora, USA Today, Saint Laurent Paris, as well as more than 900 global enterprises. AB Tasty has 10 offices in 6 countries with local language support and 40% of its workforce is dedicated to R&D.
Testing and personalization
Users can display different variations of a web design and discover how they compare to the original design. AB Tasty supports multiple types of testing methods, including:
- A/B and split testing (classic testing)
- Multivariate testing (combination testing)
- Multipage (funnel testing)
Personalization Widget Library
This dynamic widget library allows users to easily add features such as pop-ins, surveys, chat functions, countdown banners, and more.
AB Tasty Screenshots
AB Tasty Video
AB Tasty Downloadables
AB Tasty Integrations
AB Tasty Competitors
AB Tasty Pricing
Starting Price: $40
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
AB Tasty Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
AB Tasty Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
AB Tasty Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Nordics, France, Germany, Spain, Australia, China|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Polish|