Pros and Cons
- Absolute can track devices in real time. If a device is stolen, you can track it. You can lock the device, wipe it or send a message to it. By tracking the device, you can also locate the user that has the device if it is in their possession. You can use it to track your people if you choose, but we use it only to locate an employee if they have not been heard from and have not replied to a cell phone call or text.
- Once Absolute is set up it requires no intervention. Setup is easy and the management interface is easy to use.
- It has the ability to track on Google Map with recent and historical locations. Geofences can be setup and triggered to send email alerts.
- Absolute reporting on the device provides OS information, software inventory, malware software reporting, etc.
- It protects itself from being removed with its’ persistence technology, which keeps it from being removed from the device, even if the device is reformatted and reloaded.
- The reporting capability on the devices provides a lot of information on each device that can be very useful in monitoring devices that are typically detached from the network.
- I do not know where I would consider this product to be deficient in functionality, difficult to use or any major changes that needed to be addressed.
- I wish the pricing of this product was a little lower, but I do think it is well worth the cost and consideration, especially if you are using it on devices containing electronic medical records, personal health information or personal privacy information.