Score 8.6 out of 10

What is Accruent EMS Software?

EMS Software is an enterprise space management, event, class and resource scheduling application acquired and now supported by Accruent in June 2018.

Satisfied

July 18, 2022
I am the campus administrator for EMS. I oversee all event scheduling, consult on academic scheduling, as well as coordinate with IT on …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Accruent EMS Software, and make your voice heard!

• Setup fee required

12 people want pricing too

What is WorkInSync?

WorkInSync is presented as a single app to manage all hybrid workplace needs. Globally, organizations have started adopting a hybrid workplace, with employees opting WFO/WFH as per their convenience.This has actually introduced new challenges in their life. WorkInSync enables companies to establish…

What is UnSpot?

After the pandemic, many employees no longer need to work from the office 5 days a week, and companies no longer need to have a workplace assigned to only 1 person, allowing different people to sit at the same place on different days. UnSpot helps users to:Find the best workplace, with the right…

What is Accruent EMS Software?

Accruent's EMS Software connects people with the right spaces, resources, and technology, solving today’s workspace and scheduling challenges and enabling organizations to get the most from their modern work and learning environments.

Employees want the flexibility to work from anywhere and to collaborate using their preferred technologies in a safe and social environment. At the same time, leaders need to drive value for their businesses by making the best possible use of their real estate footprint. Multi-use spaces, hoteling or hot desking, and open floor plans can provide efficiencies, but not when burdened with redundant, outdated tools, and processes disconnected from the rest of a business.

So EMS Software is provided as an intelligent, enterprise-class scheduling and resource management software platform, configured and integrated to a unique office environment. The vendor describes it as a management tool that offers the flexibility employees demand, while providing users the visibility, control and insights needed to drive value for the organization.The vendor further boasts deep industry expertise, with over 35 years in the business .

Accruent EMS Software Features

Accruent EMS Software Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

Condeco, AgilQuest, and Teem by iOFFICE are common alternatives for Accruent EMS Software.

Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 9.1.

The most common users of Accruent EMS Software are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees).

Ceyhun Haqverdiyev | TrustRadius Reviewer
As said the interface is a little bit difficult to use, and sometimes non-ITs get mixed up. But implementing it to other applications for reports is so easy. Our efficiency is improved by a process that involves sending email confirmations to clients with the information we need to provide.
EMS gives the full view of how conference rooms are being utilized when booking. We can also access details like available seats and technology in a room. It ensures there is accurate data beyond all our systems doing away with twofold information and mistakes when planning. EMS is effective in linking people and sharing affairs across the organization.
For my use on booking conference rooms, event spaces, equipment as well as setups it works great, and adding generating reports make my job effortless. I really can't give less appropriate usage as I haven't run into any in the 22 years with this program. I really think it makes my job much more streamlined and fewer mistakes occur.
Cheryl Choat-Cobb | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is much easier to use than our previous reservation system. Even though only two departments are currently using this program, it can easily be modified to accommodate others on campus. It is user friendly on both the Desktop and Web-based clients. We now have the ability to view calendars for other buildings which makes it easier to help visitor's locate where their events are taking place.
July 18, 2022

Satisfied

EMS is ideal for campus scheduling. It is most useful when buy-in is had across campus by all service providers. Limited integration with other software systems we have on campus.
Trish Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is the perfect solution for room scheduling. There is no worry about double-booking a room, which is a costly mistake for any business. The software is capable of running so many reports for day-to-day usage as well as future projections in income.
Accruent EMS is well-suited when it comes to room utilization and transparency but with regards to onboarding other departments such as A/V and Catering, it becomes a challenge because there are other software that meets the needs of these departments that EMS does not have. The use of multiple systems for other departments is a nuisance especially with inventory mangement.
Leo Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
Reminders feature works very well as we book, track, and plan for reservations/events - we use Reminders to inform client of and keep track of the payment due date, event layout finalization deadline, and contract due date. We also use many other reminders and will soon start implementing notification reminders to automatically notify clients of similar types of event planning aspects/steps.
[Accruent] EMS has proven to be a very useful tool for us when scheduling and managing our private events. Once users are trained on how to utilize the tool, rarely do they require follow up training. Personally we love the automation of emailing reports to our users and management. We also find the web based schedule very helpful to staff when they are doing setups.
The product has great scalability and covers many use cases for meeting & space management solutions for our firm. The EMS Outlook plug-in is very convenient for our end users to book rooms and send out calendar details in an integrated place. The Zoom integration ability is a plus especially in this pandemic environment where most of our users are working from home and utilize Zoom for daily conferencing.
October 29, 2020

My Accruent EMS Review

I use Accruent EMS to reserve rooms for meetings using 30+ conference rooms and 16 Zoom accounts. EMS is incredibly helpful to not allow double booking in conference rooms. I use the book for particularly busy days to get the full picture of what our conference room usage looks like. It helps to make decisions on where certainly meetings should be booked. Having the room count feature on the book is very helpful to my EMS users who aren't as familiar with the conference rooms as I am, so that they know how many people can fit in each conference room to help make the best decision on where to put a meeting.
Sometimes Accruent EMS can be less appropriate to run reports. It can be difficult to get a report on exactly what I'm looking for w/o being able to specify exactly what I'm looking for. The browser feature is helpful, but still does not allow to get more specific.
Rhonda M. Childs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Truthfully, I think any business that needs to create simple or complex reservations would consider this software an asset. I feel this is what this software should be mostly used for. It upgraded our whole firm greatly when we added this software.
For a large organization managing multiple offices, with a wide variety of needs in terms of services offered, Accruent EMS offers the 'sandbox' flexibility you will need to create a reservation and room tracking solution. For smaller companies, it is important to note that this software is basically a blank page with a set of tools meant to design the tool you need. It is not an 'out of the box' solution and will take a good deal of time working with their team to develop it to your needs. And, someone will need to be very well versed in the software to maintain it moving forward. Not recommended for small organizations.
Since it is an application for many uses, we had to customize it to get it to fit our needs. Accruent EMS has a nice capability for that. If there could be a set system for each use case, it may have been easier to get set up. We did a lot of training and tweaking in the beginning to get it to what we needed.
When we first purchased EMS we were very pleased with the product and installation process. As we continue to expand our services and the need for EMS we experience a few challenges that the EMS support team hasn't been able to address for us (issues somewhat basic which we have entered in numerous service tickets for a fix). I still see a decline in customer service from the helpline to our relationship with the account manager. At this point we are trying to pay for our yearly invoice and I have contacted EMS/Accruent by email and phone 4x to receive a copy of our invoice, and I'm still waiting to receive it even after our account manager received my request and 2 follow up emails after my call. Examples like this show EMS decline in customer service.
Accruent EMS Software is very well suited for conference room scheduling and adding services. Reporting can be customized to show different information based on what you want to report on. This is very beneficial when giving different service teams reports for only their items or being able to include additional information for their reference if needed.
Jennifer Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
I will always recommend Accruent EMS because it is the best tool currently on the market for what we do. If a better, more simple tool presents itself, I would definitely investigate.
Accruent EMS is great for booking (rooms, resources, people) and detailing events. It is a very robust system that allows you to capture and report on multiple areas (daily utilization, attendee count, utilization by the hour).
Changes are captured almost immediately so information is kept up to date in real-time, making information available to our entire team instantly.
A program that allows each user so much freedom to create their own reservations is fantastic. From the IT perspective, it's wonderful because it is so little maintenance for us. However, when we do need help, customer service is FANTASTIC. They get back to us quickly and knowledgeably. I have never had anyone hurry me off the phone or be unwilling to spend the necessary time to resolve the issue.
It is well suited for booking rooms, especially where there are setups and restores. We have a crew that does setups etc. and so when I print out my reports I can give them a copy with the setup and restores, it is very clear and I highlight what I need them to do. It works well with booking equipment as well.
EMS is well-suited in an organization that has a lot of internal meetings and has to juggle a lot of different meeting scenarios. If you have meeting rooms that are different sizes and have different video, projection, and audio equipment, EMS can be configured to handle room setups to meet all these scenarios.