Accruent EMS Software

Accruent EMS Software Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

EMS Software is a major upgrade over the system which we've used in the past (Resource 25). It's easy to use. No need to worry about double bookings. The process of publishing is an easy task. Just the way we use EMS works for us. Every once in a while, I'll come across an issue (running reports, a class doesn't synch into a building, or what have you) - those problems I come across every now and then. I receive help from EMS. Those are problems which I wish didn't happen but they do.
Leo Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
Reminders feature works very well as we book, track, and plan for reservations/events - we use Reminders to inform client of and keep track of the payment due date, event layout finalization deadline, and contract due date. We also use many other reminders and will soon start implementing notification reminders to automatically notify clients of similar types of event planning aspects/steps.
October 29, 2020

My Accruent EMS Review

I use Accruent EMS to reserve rooms for meetings using 30+ conference rooms and 16 Zoom accounts. EMS is incredibly helpful to not allow double booking in conference rooms. I use the book for particularly busy days to get the full picture of what our conference room usage looks like. It helps to make decisions on where certainly meetings should be booked. Having the room count feature on the book is very helpful to my EMS users who aren't as familiar with the conference rooms as I am, so that they know how many people can fit in each conference room to help make the best decision on where to put a meeting.
Sometimes Accruent EMS can be less appropriate to run reports. It can be difficult to get a report on exactly what I'm looking for w/o being able to specify exactly what I'm looking for. The browser feature is helpful, but still does not allow to get more specific.
Accruent EMS is great for booking (rooms, resources, people) and detailing events. It is a very robust system that allows you to capture and report on multiple areas (daily utilization, attendee count, utilization by the hour).
Changes are captured almost immediately so information is kept up to date in real-time, making information available to our entire team instantly.
A program that allows each user so much freedom to create their own reservations is fantastic. From the IT perspective, it's wonderful because it is so little maintenance for us. However, when we do need help, customer service is FANTASTIC. They get back to us quickly and knowledgeably. I have never had anyone hurry me off the phone or be unwilling to spend the necessary time to resolve the issue.
Rhonda M. Childs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Truthfully, I think any business that needs to create simple or complex reservations would consider this software an asset. I feel this is what this software should be mostly used for. It upgraded our whole firm greatly when we added this software.
Since it is an application for many uses, we had to customize it to get it to fit our needs. Accruent EMS has a nice capability for that. If there could be a set system for each use case, it may have been easier to get set up. We did a lot of training and tweaking in the beginning to get it to what we needed.
Jennifer Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
I will always recommend Accruent EMS because it is the best tool currently on the market for what we do. If a better, more simple tool presents itself, I would definitely investigate.
[Accruent] EMS has proven to be a very useful tool for us when scheduling and managing our private events. Once users are trained on how to utilize the tool, rarely do they require follow up training. Personally we love the automation of emailing reports to our users and management. We also find the web based schedule very helpful to staff when they are doing setups.
Accruent EMS Software is well suited for our business model of renting rehearsal space. Using SQL as the backend allows us to create custom APIs to enhance the invoice and billing modules and booking display boards for the staff and client base. There's no a la carte where we can choose modules, so we are not benefiting from some of the other modules such as the video conferencing, but we might take advantage of the booking self-service in the coming year.
For a large organization managing multiple offices, with a wide variety of needs in terms of services offered, Accruent EMS offers the 'sandbox' flexibility you will need to create a reservation and room tracking solution. For smaller companies, it is important to note that this software is basically a blank page with a set of tools meant to design the tool you need. It is not an 'out of the box' solution and will take a good deal of time working with their team to develop it to your needs. And, someone will need to be very well versed in the software to maintain it moving forward. Not recommended for small organizations.
Accruent EMS Software is very well suited for conference room scheduling and adding services. Reporting can be customized to show different information based on what you want to report on. This is very beneficial when giving different service teams reports for only their items or being able to include additional information for their reference if needed.
The product has great scalability and covers many use cases for meeting & space management solutions for our firm. The EMS Outlook plug-in is very convenient for our end users to book rooms and send out calendar details in an integrated place. The Zoom integration ability is a plus especially in this pandemic environment where most of our users are working from home and utilize Zoom for daily conferencing.
When we first purchased EMS we were very pleased with the product and installation process. As we continue to expand our services and the need for EMS we experience a few challenges that the EMS support team hasn't been able to address for us (issues somewhat basic which we have entered in numerous service tickets for a fix). I still see a decline in customer service from the helpline to our relationship with the account manager. At this point we are trying to pay for our yearly invoice and I have contacted EMS/Accruent by email and phone 4x to receive a copy of our invoice, and I'm still waiting to receive it even after our account manager received my request and 2 follow up emails after my call. Examples like this show EMS decline in customer service.
It is well suited for booking rooms, especially where there are setups and restores. We have a crew that does setups etc. and so when I print out my reports I can give them a copy with the setup and restores, it is very clear and I highlight what I need them to do. It works well with booking equipment as well.
EMS is well-suited in an organization that has a lot of internal meetings and has to juggle a lot of different meeting scenarios. If you have meeting rooms that are different sizes and have different video, projection, and audio equipment, EMS can be configured to handle room setups to meet all these scenarios.
Mike Kraiman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Comprehensive event scheduling software is a very specialized entity and there are only a handful of vendors that can deliver such a product. Based on previous experience with a competitor's application, I believe EMS Software is currently the best choice for a higher education environment where academic (class scheduling) and non-academic (event scheduling) departments wish to collaborate and share spaces for efficient use of campus facilities. Because the software is extremely easy to use and intuitive, departments that rely on revolving student workers for information entry will particularly benefit from the minimal training required to perform basic operations.
EMS is a great tool for managing campus space and events. It is also well suited to manage service providers as they relate to events (though there are some restrictions for catering). It is however not the easiest to use to market those events, even though all of the event data is stored there.
Khadra Abdulle | TrustRadius Reviewer
I would recommend EMS for our new nursing building that will be opening up in the next few months. EMS would be great because this nursing building will not only have classes taking place but also housing.
Ana Fernández Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
For any type of event business, EMS is well suited. Businesses like hotels, university, real state business... EMS can be adapted for those necessities.
However, for businesses which need more focus on accounting than event management, I would recommend other accounting tools like Navision or SAP.

Trish Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is the perfect solution for room scheduling. There is no worry about double-booking a room, which is a costly mistake for any business. The software is capable of running so many reports for day-to-day usage as well as future projections in income.
Shalom Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is a great tool for anyone looking to streamline their space booking and service delivery process. There are many products to schedule space however, EMS is a true event management software that building in the ability to notify the various vendors for an event of service deliver changes and requests

What is Accruent EMS Software?

Accruent's EMS Software connects people with the right spaces, resources, and technology, solving today’s workspace and scheduling challenges and enabling organizations to get the most from their modern work and learning environments.

Employees want the flexibility to work from anywhere and to collaborate using their preferred technologies in a safe and social environment. At the same time, leaders need to drive value for their businesses by making the best possible use of their real estate footprint. Multi-use spaces, hoteling or hot desking, and open floor plans can provide efficiencies, but not when burdened with redundant, outdated tools, and processes disconnected from the rest of a business.

So EMS Software is provided as an intelligent, enterprise-class scheduling and resource management software platform, configured and integrated to a unique office environment. The vendor describes it as a management tool that offers the flexibility employees demand, while providing users the visibility, control and insights needed to drive value for the organization.The vendor further boasts deep industry expertise, with over 35 years in the business .

Accruent EMS Software Features