What is Accruent EMS Software?

EMS Software is an enterprise space management, event, class and resource scheduling application acquired and now supported by Accruent in June 2018.

Satisfied

July 18, 2022
I am the campus administrator for EMS. I oversee all event scheduling, consult on academic scheduling, as well as coordinate with IT on …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Accruent EMS Software, and make your voice heard!

• Setup fee required

12 people want pricing too

What is WorkInSync?

WorkInSync is presented as a single app to manage all hybrid workplace needs. Globally, organizations have started adopting a hybrid workplace, with employees opting WFO/WFH as per their convenience.This has actually introduced new challenges in their life. WorkInSync enables companies to establish…

What is UnSpot?

After the pandemic, many employees no longer need to work from the office 5 days a week, and companies no longer need to have a workplace assigned to only 1 person, allowing different people to sit at the same place on different days. UnSpot helps users to:Find the best workplace, with the right…

What is Accruent EMS Software?

Accruent's EMS Software connects people with the right spaces, resources, and technology, solving today’s workspace and scheduling challenges and enabling organizations to get the most from their modern work and learning environments.

Employees want the flexibility to work from anywhere and to collaborate using their preferred technologies in a safe and social environment. At the same time, leaders need to drive value for their businesses by making the best possible use of their real estate footprint. Multi-use spaces, hoteling or hot desking, and open floor plans can provide efficiencies, but not when burdened with redundant, outdated tools, and processes disconnected from the rest of a business.

So EMS Software is provided as an intelligent, enterprise-class scheduling and resource management software platform, configured and integrated to a unique office environment. The vendor describes it as a management tool that offers the flexibility employees demand, while providing users the visibility, control and insights needed to drive value for the organization.The vendor further boasts deep industry expertise, with over 35 years in the business .

Accruent EMS Software Features

Accruent EMS Software Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

Condeco, AgilQuest, and Teem by iOFFICE are common alternatives for Accruent EMS Software.

Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 9.1.

The most common users of Accruent EMS Software are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Higher Education industry.

Amy Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • EMS allows us to schedule our staff, equipment and rooms that are needed to complete our services.
  • EMS process templates allow flexibility in scheduling among different types of users across the University.
  • The book view in EMS allows the staff to view the day ahead in a glance.
  • When using the calculations option in pricing, it is almost impossible to report on those amounts. We currently have to run several reports to get the details needed. It can be very tedious pulling the data together.
  • When entering payments it would be ideal to allow a batch of reservations to be shown as paid, rather then entering each reservation number individually.
  • When processing invoices, it would be ideal if the invoices could be emailed as a mail merge instead of one invoice at a time.
  • Only one meeting room can be booked at a time eliminating double booking of rooms.
  • Keeps tabs on relations and their bookings.
  • Allows for cooperation between departments in the organization.
  • Ensures there is correct data across systems to avoid planning mistakes.
  • Reporting provides limited information and there should be an option adding email messages.
  • How it works remotely needs a lot of improvement.
  • I can book conference rooms without fear of double booking.
  • The set ups and take downs are easily arranged with the reports I print out.
  • I can check any booking easily, add to it or cancel.
  • With large bookings with multiple dates, it is easy to book or cancel all or just parts of it.
  • There are three of us on the server for this program, and only one of us can set the terms. I was the first user of this program, but somehow one of the other users picked how we use the time feature. I prefer the 24-hour clock as I work in a hospital, but the person who set it up wants the 12-hour clock.
  • Before the last change you could do a booking and add the setup at the same time but now you do the booking and then add details, not bad but easier the other way.
Cheryl Choat-Cobb | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Easy scheduling
  • Convenient to look at what is taking place on campus
  • Multi-level information; seems endless on the amount of information you can track.
  • Knowing the scope of what can be accomplished before configuration process
  • Would like the capability of better separating features between the individual buildings
July 18, 2022

Satisfied

• Response time by EMS support staff
  • Greatly reduced double bookings
  • One stop shop for all campus event needs, resource allocation, and billing
  • Numerous “glitches” lately
  • Some support staff needs additional training
  • Monthly patches that require attention and time to implement
  • Easy to navigate
  • Quarterly updates
  • Showcasing use cases of other clients
  • Desktop client only available on windows OS, macOS users must have parallel desktop or a virtual box loaded with an image of windows
  • Should transition to 100% cloud-based platform without the need of desktop clients
  • Minimizing outages
March 16, 2022

EMS Live is a Must

Alexandra Simpkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Schedulng space and requesting space to use for internal clients. Also good at identifying conflicts with space that may arise as academic classes always take presidence for event space being utilized.
  • Booking reminders for business, for example it helps me manage tasks I need to complete by a due date such as contract payments due, etc,
  • Tracking client transactions and client issues
  • Financial reporting is difficult to do through EMS, I wish we could have a system that synced with our business office accounting database (CARS). We report revenue in EMS and the business office logs in a completely different system.
  • Reminders for clients- currently I send reminders to clients, I am notified of due dates in EMS and have to go to Gmail to send a reminder. Also under reminders I wish the reservation # showed up on the dashboard like it does under notifications view...
  • A better way to merge contracts from EMS to a Word document
Leo Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Booking/reservation of space - manages convertible/shared spaces (such as multi-section breakout rooms) exceptionally well.
  • Group/client management - tracking of contacts and associated reservations
  • Reporting - easy to build custom reports and a plethora of useful, standard reports
  • User Interface - could look a little more modern and cleaner
  • Staffing/event coordinator management - develop more support for managerial tracking and support of event planner staff use/reservations
  • Automated report delivery message text - ability to add a email message/body to automated report delivery
  • It is quick and easy to book a room.
  • The main dashboard provides a grid like look on what spaces are booked and what is available.
  • The GUI is relatively easy to maneuver which lessens the learning curve.
  • There's no 'remote function' of the software. It's client server based. Some additional Server hardware is required to gain remote access.
  • On the backend, SQL is required and takes some technical knowledge to configure and maintain.
  • The reporting tool is lacking and can only provide limited or generic information. The tools needs to be able to provide customization when making a report.
  • The product has great scalability and covers many use cases for meeting & space management solutions.
  • The product has API integration ability so the Engineering team can customize for the business needs.
  • Matured technical support system.
  • The onboarding procedure can be better. There were technical issues during our onboarding process but the engineer did not have sufficient knowledge or documentation to resolve it, and it took quite long to get it remediated eventually.
  • The response time from the technical support team can be improved.
October 29, 2020

My Accruent EMS Review

• It's user friendly. By doing a little self-exploration one can find out the many features that EMS offers.
  • It is simple to add or remove conference rooms and provide details of the conference rooms.
  • I appreciate that there are different ways of reserving conference rooms. This allows each user to feel comfortable in their use of EMS by finding what works best for them.
  • Reporting is the main issue I have with EMS. It would be helpful to be able to input exactly what one wants to be reported. I find that I have to do a lot of playing around to figure out how to run reports. Not all details can be reported on, either, which can be frustrating.
  • Removing contacts can be difficult. Getting an error message that contact has set up reservations when trying to remove said contact can be quite frustrating.
  • Since I've been working from home remotely, it was a bit of a tough go getting EMS set up on my work laptop. Even though I should have the same features as our system admin, I am unable to do things from my work laptop in EMS. Instead, I have to log in as the admin in order to cancel meetings or add details. This may not be an EMS issue only.
Rhonda M. Childs | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I love the simple layout.
  • I enjoy that I have options to change color schemes and customize it to fit me and the needs of my job.
  • It is a quality product, with minimal issues.
  • Video conference reservations. They need to upgrade that area to be a little more user friendly for booking purposes. This is the greatest problem that needs attention. I still love what it does, but I see work here.
  • I do not like the email formats at times and they seem a little constrained.
  • Good flexibility, in that it doesn't force you to fit into one method of arranging your available spaces.
  • Decent reporting, which allows for flexible and reliable reports on usage and reservations.
  • Fairly intuitive interface for users, especially with the Outlook integration.
  • Incredible complexity on the back end. While its highly configurable nature lends to flexibility, it also makes it a challenge to manage.
  • Support has not been as quick as we'd like when we've needed to reach out.
  • Most likely due to the company recently changing hands, we had real trouble with their billing department attempting to double charge us for our services, and sorting it out took 6 months of back and forth.
  • Easy to use calendaring system for all conference rooms firm-wide.
  • Allows add-on services for all of those rooms. These services can be customized per office.
  • Track billing (if required) of those services
  • Allow access to the system by role so some users can edit and others can just view.
  • Reporting can be confusing for new users.
  • Mobile app that shows technicians their responsibilities (this may be available but we haven't implemented it)
  • Easier Administration. So many of the features are not intuitive where you would edit them. If this could be streamlined, that would be great.
  • Multifunctional. Offers a variety of functions for different purposes.
  • Wide array of reporting, from basic simple reports to complex reports including all details and billing. Reports can also be customizable and are very easy to follow.
  • Easy to learn and train on--it's very easy to understand and follow.
  • Notifications could be more customizable.
  • When adding a new room or resource, there are multiple places to go to be sure it has been added to all the appropriate areas, templates, etc. Would be great if that could all be addressed in one place when initially adding the item.
  • Accruent EMS is very robust, which is great. But it would have been great to know the different ways it can be used prior to the configuration process to help better determine the best configuration and setup for our company.
Jennifer Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Holds all of our conferencing information in a central location.
  • The history feature helps us when there is a change made to a reservation--helps track down where an issue might have presented itself.
  • Reports--I can literally run a report on any statistic I want or need.
  • Interface with Outlook--although this is always so difficult with applications and Microsoft products.
  • The form you fill out to make a reservation could be streamlined.
  • Streamline the multi-location booking with regard to amenities. Currently, you submit your booking and then have to go back into the software to amend every single booking. Why can't we do this during the booking process?
September 25, 2020

EMS Review

Francis Angilletta, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • EMS is extremely customizable.
  • Advanced research and reporting capabilities.
  • Catering and service order tracking and lifecycle.
  • API Calls
  • Improved Desktop Performance
  • Enhanced settings for override description room for a managed meeting workflow
  • Accruent EMS is very easy to use. It has a straight forward approach to entering information, making us very time efficient.
  • It has a great ability to create personalized reporting to focus on specific needs requested by our client.
  • We utilize the API to work with digital signage on our account. This has been a very helpful feature for our team.
  • Would like more flexibility with utilization reporting criteria.
  • Auto-triggered notifications are a nice feature but would like the ability to edit the outgoing messages a bit more.
  • Auto-emails to service providers
  • Easy reservation process - little need for training staff
  • Report creation
  • My Page - allowed me to post short video links and campus-related alerts.
  • Accessibility: Two ways of using it - one for super users and another for staff
  • Room Details: I could add images, directions, alerts
  • Alerts & Special instructions: Can be added for individual rooms as necessary to pop up when choosing the room.
  • Making background changes is easier for me (IT person), but may not be for a regular user.
  • HIGHLY recommend the purchaser read the administrative paperwork. I did and tried to load and configure it myself and actually did most of it correctly. However, I would recommend having an EMS technician show you, then you do it. That allowed me to learn the back-end really well so I could make changes throughout the years.
  • Two-step process to add a user to really use it. After they try to use it, they need to alert me to do the second step to complete their user profile.
  • No double booking occurs
  • I print reports once a week and it has what we need
  • I love the calendar feature that I can filter rooms
  • When I print my reports it would be great to have highlighting feature
  • I like it when canceling to know who the person who canceled is, but I don't like that we have to put a reason.