Accruent EMS Software

Accruent EMS Software Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

• We haven't had an issue with double bookings.
  • The ease of requesting a room for a certain time/date is said to be an easy process for the external users.
  • For the internal user, it's quite easy to reserve a space and send confirmation off to the requester.
  • Customer service has been an issue for us over the past year.
  • The ease of using it as a mobile device hasn't been something which I've found yet.
Leo Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Booking/reservation of space - manages convertible/shared spaces (such as multi-section breakout rooms) exceptionally well.
  • Group/client management - tracking of contacts and associated reservations
  • Reporting - easy to build custom reports and a plethora of useful, standard reports
  • User Interface - could look a little more modern and cleaner
  • Staffing/event coordinator management - develop more support for managerial tracking and support of event planner staff use/reservations
  • Automated report delivery message text - ability to add a email message/body to automated report delivery
October 29, 2020

My Accruent EMS Review

• It's user friendly. By doing a little self-exploration one can find out the many features that EMS offers.
  • It is simple to add or remove conference rooms and provide details of the conference rooms.
  • I appreciate that there are different ways of reserving conference rooms. This allows each user to feel comfortable in their use of EMS by finding what works best for them.
  • Reporting is the main issue I have with EMS. It would be helpful to be able to input exactly what one wants to be reported. I find that I have to do a lot of playing around to figure out how to run reports. Not all details can be reported on, either, which can be frustrating.
  • Removing contacts can be difficult. Getting an error message that contact has set up reservations when trying to remove said contact can be quite frustrating.
  • Since I've been working from home remotely, it was a bit of a tough go getting EMS set up on my work laptop. Even though I should have the same features as our system admin, I am unable to do things from my work laptop in EMS. Instead, I have to log in as the admin in order to cancel meetings or add details. This may not be an EMS issue only.
  • Accruent EMS is very easy to use. It has a straight forward approach to entering information, making us very time efficient.
  • It has a great ability to create personalized reporting to focus on specific needs requested by our client.
  • We utilize the API to work with digital signage on our account. This has been a very helpful feature for our team.
  • Would like more flexibility with utilization reporting criteria.
  • Auto-triggered notifications are a nice feature but would like the ability to edit the outgoing messages a bit more.
  • Auto-emails to service providers
  • Easy reservation process - little need for training staff
  • Report creation
  • My Page - allowed me to post short video links and campus-related alerts.
  • Accessibility: Two ways of using it - one for super users and another for staff
  • Room Details: I could add images, directions, alerts
  • Alerts & Special instructions: Can be added for individual rooms as necessary to pop up when choosing the room.
  • Making background changes is easier for me (IT person), but may not be for a regular user.
  • HIGHLY recommend the purchaser read the administrative paperwork. I did and tried to load and configure it myself and actually did most of it correctly. However, I would recommend having an EMS technician show you, then you do it. That allowed me to learn the back-end really well so I could make changes throughout the years.
  • Two-step process to add a user to really use it. After they try to use it, they need to alert me to do the second step to complete their user profile.
Rhonda M. Childs | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I love the simple layout.
  • I enjoy that I have options to change color schemes and customize it to fit me and the needs of my job.
  • It is a quality product, with minimal issues.
  • Video conference reservations. They need to upgrade that area to be a little more user friendly for booking purposes. This is the greatest problem that needs attention. I still love what it does, but I see work here.
  • I do not like the email formats at times and they seem a little constrained.
  • Easy to use calendaring system for all conference rooms firm-wide.
  • Allows add-on services for all of those rooms. These services can be customized per office.
  • Track billing (if required) of those services
  • Allow access to the system by role so some users can edit and others can just view.
  • Reporting can be confusing for new users.
  • Mobile app that shows technicians their responsibilities (this may be available but we haven't implemented it)
  • Easier Administration. So many of the features are not intuitive where you would edit them. If this could be streamlined, that would be great.
Jennifer Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Holds all of our conferencing information in a central location.
  • The history feature helps us when there is a change made to a reservation--helps track down where an issue might have presented itself.
  • Reports--I can literally run a report on any statistic I want or need.
  • Interface with Outlook--although this is always so difficult with applications and Microsoft products.
  • The form you fill out to make a reservation could be streamlined.
  • Streamline the multi-location booking with regard to amenities. Currently, you submit your booking and then have to go back into the software to amend every single booking. Why can't we do this during the booking process?
  • It is quick and easy to book a room.
  • The main dashboard provides a grid like look on what spaces are booked and what is available.
  • The GUI is relatively easy to maneuver which lessens the learning curve.
  • There's no 'remote function' of the software. It's client server based. Some additional Server hardware is required to gain remote access.
  • On the backend, SQL is required and takes some technical knowledge to configure and maintain.
  • The reporting tool is lacking and can only provide limited or generic information. The tools needs to be able to provide customization when making a report.
  • Good flexibility, in that it doesn't force you to fit into one method of arranging your available spaces.
  • Decent reporting, which allows for flexible and reliable reports on usage and reservations.
  • Fairly intuitive interface for users, especially with the Outlook integration.
  • Incredible complexity on the back end. While its highly configurable nature lends to flexibility, it also makes it a challenge to manage.
  • Support has not been as quick as we'd like when we've needed to reach out.
  • Most likely due to the company recently changing hands, we had real trouble with their billing department attempting to double charge us for our services, and sorting it out took 6 months of back and forth.
  • Multifunctional. Offers a variety of functions for different purposes.
  • Wide array of reporting, from basic simple reports to complex reports including all details and billing. Reports can also be customizable and are very easy to follow.
  • Easy to learn and train on--it's very easy to understand and follow.
  • Notifications could be more customizable.
  • When adding a new room or resource, there are multiple places to go to be sure it has been added to all the appropriate areas, templates, etc. Would be great if that could all be addressed in one place when initially adding the item.
  • Accruent EMS is very robust, which is great. But it would have been great to know the different ways it can be used prior to the configuration process to help better determine the best configuration and setup for our company.
  • The product has great scalability and covers many use cases for meeting & space management solutions.
  • The product has API integration ability so the Engineering team can customize for the business needs.
  • Matured technical support system.
  • The onboarding procedure can be better. There were technical issues during our onboarding process but the engineer did not have sufficient knowledge or documentation to resolve it, and it took quite long to get it remediated eventually.
  • The response time from the technical support team can be improved.
  • No double booking occurs
  • I print reports once a week and it has what we need
  • I love the calendar feature that I can filter rooms
  • When I print my reports it would be great to have highlighting feature
  • I like it when canceling to know who the person who canceled is, but I don't like that we have to put a reason.
  • It allows cost accounting.
  • It avoids double-booking meeting space, thus it prevents confusion and wasting time.
  • We have had issues with the EMS plugin for Outlook. Sometimes the plugin stops working after Microsoft Windows updates. We have to uninstall and re-install the plugin and re-enable it in Add-ins.
  • The client software must match the server software. There is no backward compatibility. We have to track down all the users who have the client software whenever we upgrade the server.
Mike Kraiman | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The graphic user interface is well-designed and intuitive, which promotes productivity.
  • It provides workflow functionality for schedulers and service providers to efficiently relay event details and status.
  • The user-defined fields add the ability to customize reservation and space records to better meet campus business needs.
  • Bookings contain a limited number of standard time fields (event start, event end, setup time, teardown time); more options here are desirable.
  • Resource records are not as robust as some of the other areas, and could benefit from additional standard and user-defined fields.
  • Applying blackouts to spaces (to prevent bookings during certain times) appears to be a challenge: we believe it can be done, but the process doesn't seem to be straightforward.
September 03, 2019

EMS Software

Nicholas Rohde | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Queries. I like the built in choices and the ability to make my own specific queries.
  • Ease of Movement of space. This helps tremendously as we deal with frequenct classroom changes.
  • Communication. Communication both internally and externally is very fluid in the program.
  • I would like more clear notifications when there are conflicts across long standing classes and events.
  • I would like more information about upcoming not definite bookings.
  • More customizable colors and layouts.
  • EMS allows us to communicate with our campus partners in a number of ways - via auto reporting, notifications or reminders, depending on the preference of each user/group.
  • The customer service team is always well versed and extremely helpful in knowing the software so they can help us tailor the system to best suit our needs when we have questions.
  • Reporting options are really flexible. Having the option to create queries outside of the canned report options is truly helpful.
  • One area that needs to be better developed or looked into is the Master Calendar. As universities continue to looks for ways to provide one-stop shopping, it would be helpful to have a place that easily streamlines event data and event marketing in one place. Students want to go to one place to see events and plan events. Master Calendar was a good start but it is ancient and very disjointed from EMS.
  • We would love to have the webclient back. We have several users that use an ipad or apple computer and the webclient allowed that functionality.
  • One area for improvement is managing system changes. As the EMS administrator for the university, it would be great to be able to add a new building or category to EMS and add those items to all existing templates, reports, etc in one place.
Khadra Abdulle | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • EMS has the ability to create reports on room usage and booking rates. This assistance us in justifying expansions in our building.
  • EMS also has the ability to show the rate of bookings, how many bookings are being creating, and by who. This allows us to hire more resouraces based on these stats.
  • EMS can improve on their copy and paste feature. Currently you can not copy and paste on multiple bookings without losing the original content of the copy. I have made a report regarding this.
  • Have more than two contacts on a reservation. For example, if there are three leads on a event, then we can only input 2 contact info
Ana Fernández Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I can see how EMS in very flexible in terms of event management, daily reconciliations and implementing resources and categories for types of uses.
  • EMS has a very good tools of utilization analysis tools
  • EMS is so flexible that almost any type of business can use for event/bookings purposes
  • We are missing an alternative option to void invoices since we don't want our past revenue to change but have the alternative of having a credit invoice instead.
  • We would like to have more tax detailed reports
  • Query builder is a great tool but there is some room for improvement in terms of making even more easy to use
Shalom Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It has excellent stock and customization reports. We have a responsibility to communicate the activity in the building to multiple stakeholders (dining, custodial etc) EMS allows us to create a custom report and automate it to send so we never miss a communication
  • It has a robust amount of tools to assist you in both space and service management. The way the Process Templates (web intake forms) have been designed allow us to use logic based reasoning so that one form can handle complex events all the way down to a simple boardroom reservation.
  • It has numerous integrations available to help make a seamless event management process including connections to 7pointOps and Campus Labs Engage which we use for our Student Organizations
  • We desperately wish there was a simpler way to do invoicing notifications to our clients rather than the manual email process
  • It would be excellent to simplify the rate schedule and pricing plan process. There are almost too many ways to change pricing. The ability to import an excel document of new pricing would make our lives much easier.

What is Accruent EMS Software?

Accruent's EMS Software connects people with the right spaces, resources, and technology, solving today’s workspace and scheduling challenges and enabling organizations to get the most from their modern work and learning environments.

Employees want the flexibility to work from anywhere and to collaborate using their preferred technologies in a safe and social environment. At the same time, leaders need to drive value for their businesses by making the best possible use of their real estate footprint. Multi-use spaces, hoteling or hot desking, and open floor plans can provide efficiencies, but not when burdened with redundant, outdated tools, and processes disconnected from the rest of a business.

So EMS Software is provided as an intelligent, enterprise-class scheduling and resource management software platform, configured and integrated to a unique office environment. The vendor describes it as a management tool that offers the flexibility employees demand, while providing users the visibility, control and insights needed to drive value for the organization.The vendor further boasts deep industry expertise, with over 35 years in the business .

Accruent EMS Software Features