May 03, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
Read Justin Duperre's full review
Pros and Cons
- Map multiple source and destination tables - what would be done in many steps in SSIS can be done in one or two "maps" in Data Integrator.
- Platform independent, cloud based, no client software.
- Conversion of data types, write flat files - this helps us with integrating systems.
- Fairly straightforward to use if the user has ETL experience.
- Sometimes the screen does not load- since it is a web based software, this can be seen as a reliability issue.
- "Maps" can become somewhat complex, and between multiple developers this can be painful when sharing or explaining others' work.
- The concept of macros adds flexibility in how to solve problems, but is a separate language and can take time to learn and master.