Adaptive Insights is a financial planning and reporting tool. It includes automated budgeting and forecasting, financial reporting, and other active planning capabilities, including integrations with third-party products like Salesforce.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/FK/vz/SZITLTITATCG.JPEGOutsanding Solution!As a growing company, we needed to shift from Excel-based budgeting/reporting models to a much more capable (and sophisticated) model. We selected Adaptive based on the tool's capabilities, the fact that it's cloud-based (SaaS), and easily scalable. We deployed Adaptive for all budget owners within 3 months of making our decision. Using Adaptive, our budget owners and executives now have a much better (and faster) view of our financials, as well as allowing the finance team to spend time on analysis/insight.,Overall structure of the model is both powerful and simple. Accounts and levels (departments/cost centers) drive the overall data structure. Once this principle is firmly understood, the tool is quite easy to understand from an implementation and administrative perspective. Customer support is outstanding. Even though we're a small company, Adaptive doesn't recognize that (or care). I've had conversations with a variety of their team members on a number of different topics, and they are very good at supporting our company. Reporting tools are world-class. It's nice that you can have a best-in-class planning system, but without equally strong reporting tools, it really doesn't mean much. Adaptive's easy-to-build reports are both flexible and powerful. Administration is easy. Helpful tools to make your system secure.,Our biggest challenge is that more people want the tool than we (originally) budgeted for. (This really isn't a con, but be aware that if you're moving from an Excel-based manual model, people will be really hungry for this type of tool/application.),10,Positive: We are much more efficient now than previously. The time savings alone, and our ability to focus on insights/analytics using less resources has been a great strength to our company.,IBM Cognos, Host Analytics Cloud EPM Suite and Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management,Veeva Vault, Sage Intacct,,,Planning (Forecasting, Budgeting) Management and Statutory Reporting Analytics,Stock-based compensation forecasting linked with workforce planning. This was historically a very challenging calculation, given our headcount growth and manual process. Using Adaptive, we were able to generate formulas based on our overall workforce plan, along with highly "auditable" calculations (i.e., we don't have a "black box" where nobody can explain how the number is calculated).,Linking our PO system directly within Adaptive, so that business/operational leaders can see a list of all their open POs and plan accordingly.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor,During the vendor review/selection cycle, we would attempt to identify "best-in-class" core processes, and then rack/stack the vendors accordingly. Knowing what I know now, Adaptive would still come out on top for me.,Third-party professional services,Yes,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,Foreign currency-related issues, which the Carlson team expertly understood and resolved in a timely manner.,10,10,No,As a new administrator, I was trying to resolve an issue with my cash flow model (I thought a custom account wasn't calculating correctly). However, one adjustment that the Support team recommended I make very quickly solved my issue. Importantly, they also taught me understand the "core" principle so that I use this feature going forward for other areas of my model.,Integration with our core ERP platform. Once this is set up, scheduling data feeds from any source system is simple and fast. Workforce planning is outstanding. We have several inputs in our workforce model (including location, benefits, etc.) and the ability to have drop-down menus with appropriate selections appear is excellent. Scenario modeling: I'm particularly pleased with this aspect of Adaptive, since we do quite a bit of scenario modeling for each budget/forecast cycle. The way we've structured our model allows for many different scenarios, with the ability to easily turn each scenario on/off.,The functions themselves aren't difficult to use; like any system/tool, it does take some training to fully understand how to exploit the power of these functions and the tool's overall capabilities.,10Time SavingAdaptive was purchased to improve our current budget processes and make it more efficient. The software is being used by the Finance Department and key bBusiness users across the organization. Prior to Adaptive, the organization used complex Excel spreadsheets for over 90 departments. Adaptive has taken these complex spreadsheets and incorporated them into the set up and incorporates all of the standards and assumptions, so that the end user only has to input their information one time and everything flows through to the correct budget sheets for analysis.,Adaptive's reporting function is an excellent tool for analysis. It can be used for budget formulation through monthly reporting analysis. Adaptive makes it easy to get down to the most minute level of detail in order to quickly give analysis on the budget, through its modeled sheets, and cube sheets.,I don't see any weaknesses from the software, other than it not having the flexibility to make changes to other versions of budgets without affecting previous versions.,10,Allowed us to be more efficient with the budget process. No excel spreadsheets to consolidate and roll-up budgets.,,Sage Intacct,46,2,Budget Forecasting Budget Planning Budget Variance Reporting Currency Management,N/A,It's possible for us to look at our billable time. We just haven't made it there yet.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability,I don't think I would change a thing.,Third-party professional services,No,Change management was a major issue with the implementation,None that were quantifiable.,10,Online training Self-taught,9,No-Training is needed.,10,None that I can think of....,Some - we have done small customizations to the interface,None,No,8,No,I was having issues with some items that were change during a previous services agreement. Even though that service was closed, they helped me figure out the issue with the calculation error.,All sheets flow into the budget sheet. This allows for seamless roll-ups.,Formulas are somewhat confusing.,No,10,10,10,10,We have integrated our account system - Intacct,No-Not at this time.,File import/export,10,Work with the professionals at Adaptive to get it right!,10,9,Not Sure.,None at this time.,No,N/A,N/A,No,NoAdaptive Planning is great! Very easy to use!It is being used across the whole organization. It helps gets everyone on the same page and see where we can spend money in the future.,Does active planning really well Efficient Ease of use,Better integration with Excel Formula builder Comparing versions,10,More efficient Time savings,,NetSuite,15,7,Planning budgeting reporting,headcount planning,revenue planning,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation,Evaluate more products,Don't know,data integration netsuite integration,8,No,7,No,Whenever I need to refresh the sandbox they jump on it and have been great. They have also helped with our integrations.,budgeting formulas filters,multi-dimensions cube sheet,No,8Drive Better Enterprise Performance Management with Adaptive InsightsEnterprise Performance Management We use Adaptive to drive planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting for ABM Systems. We also use it to enable our clients to drive better corporate performance. Our clients range from SME to large enterprise.across commerce, industry and government. Adaptive helps us develop better business plans integrating with our ERP, CRM and other systems from revenue and cost of sales forecasting to remuneration plans and expense budgeting. Adaptive allows us to build plans collaboratively, consolidating plans and actuals in real time, and to generate better quality reports, more efficiently.,Adaptive is methodology agnostic. As strategic imperatives change from growth to operational efficiency users can change their planning approach from driver based, top down planning to bottom up, zero based or just build on prior periods with rolling forecasts and more. Adaptive is collaborative and enterprise class. Enterprises can engage all users to work together in real time to build more effective plans where ones outputs are drivers to others. Yet all have visibility over where the numbers originate with drill through and drill to transaction for explaining when plans are not achieved. And all can see who changed what, when with an audit trail. Adaptive reporting is fabulous.The quality of Adaptive reports is fantastic. Adaptive Reporting empowers users to streamline board quality report pack production and other reporting needs. Users can self serve for reporting. Users can annotate reports. Reporting integrates with MS Office, PDF and other applications.,Adaptive Discovery dashboards are nice but they are not a Business Intelligence solution.The dashboards provide users with very attractive dashboards and charts but they only enable cube based hierarchical drill. They do not enable robust, sophisticated, multi-dimensional analytics the way modern BI tools do. Budget Adjustments - Adaptive Consolidation provides great functionality for entering journals. It would be nice to have this sort of capability available for processing budget adjustments especially for the public sector. Email Alerts - Whilst some email alerts are enabled it would be nice if more types were added like out of tolerance alerts,9,IBM Cognos TM1,Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management,SAP BPM,BOARD,arcplan,Anaplan,Host Analytics Cloud EPM Suite,Infor EPM,SAS Financial Intelligence,Oracle BPM Suite,Calumo,Corporate Planning,Host Analytics,Longview,Business Objects SRC,Bitam,Microsoft Excel,15,8,Implemented in-house Professional services company,Yes,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,The only real challenge we have experienced has been when a third party services firm has been involved in the implementation and there intent is really to over complicate the implementation and to maximise their own fee opportunities.,9,No,9,Yes,Adaptive Insights has provided outstanding support to ABM Systems and to our many Adaptive Insights clients for over six years. Examples of these range from method assistance requests, through to unexpected outcome investigation and formulae rectification, to model and sheet structure enhancement suggestions to better optimise solution response times when data volumes are exceedingly high. Adaptive Insights has also been very receptive to our clients and our own product enhancement suggestions, incorporating many improvements that all users now benefit from.,9,9Adaptive InsightsWe were tasked to automate our budget and planning process. A cross functional group decided on Adaptive and we use it for our budget forecasting and reporting throughout our company. Adaptive has exceeded our expectations and continues to meet our requirements.,Ease of implementation Ease of use Easily maintained Cutting edge Improves accuracy and timeliness of the planning process,We are happy with our selection,10,We achieved our planned ROI Continues to add value to our organization We continue to improve our use of the software features,SAP,ADP eTime,55,5,Budget Forecasting Reporting Strategic Planning,Uploading bill of materials Automating our processes Automating our reporting,We have expanded our use of Adaptive every year Adding instances Adding functionality,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Analyst Reports,No we would still choose Adaptive and would not change anything. We did our due diligence reviewing various third party providers along with in house solutions and improving our existing budget and planning process. When the dust settled we decided on Adaptive and are very satisfied with our decision.,Professional services company,No,Change management was minimal,System response Unfamiliar with manufacturing Our business requirements,9,Self-taught,This depends on the level of talent in the finance organization. We are a small group of experienced analysts with higher than average computer skills, so this approach was really effective for us. Adaptive is very intuitive and easy to learn and implement. Recommending this requires knowledge of the staff and implementation group.,10,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,Yes - we have added extensive custom code,Yes,9,Yes,When we were implementing we experienced slow system response and Adaptive got the engineers involved and resolved our issues at their expense. Their commitment during our implementation exceeded our expectations. They didn't sell us prior to our purchase, they sold us during the implementation and many times afterwards when we looked to improve our model.,Reporting Sheet design Workflow,Until you learn it formulas can a little difficult,Yes,10,10,10,9,File import/export,10,10,10,Yes,No,NoGo beyond budgets with Adaptive InsightsWe use Adaptive Insights to facilitate our rolling driver based plan. By integrating data we have eliminated the budget and moved to a more lean update that is less time consuming. We can tweak the assumptions and see the impact to cash right in the meeting. No more "hold on, let me go back to my desk to reprocess the Excel book".,Customer Support is the best I've experienced in the years I've been working with CPM software Usability : It's very easy to get going with Adaptive Insights. They clearly put this at the top of their priorities. Innovation : Providing the cloud based service lets us outsource the parts that are most difficult to handle - this leaves us with the bread and butter we want,Data integration - we'd like a self service method to hook up AI to our on premise and cloud based sources. Reporting - I wouldn't describe reporting as weak - moreover, my expectations are high. Structure Management - in some use cases it would be useful to lock down a version including the structure i.e. levels/attributes/dimensions,10,,10,Increased employee efficiency - 3 FTE Better service delivery,1,Professional services company,Yes,Change management was minimal,Developing the complex workforce model,9,Creating formulas Loading data Writing reports,Yes, but I don't use it,10,10Adaptive will change the way we handle the budgeting process as well as increase efficiency.We are just implementing Adaptive Planning and Discovery and have recently seen a demo of the OfficeConnect product. I truly believe the OfficeConnect product will transform the way we do financial statements as well as the year end audit. To have have ability to refresh reports by pointing and clicking will definitely increase the efficiency and productivity of all our processes.,Adaptive gives us the ability to view information at several levels that we can not easily do in our ERP system. The workflow process will enable to see where users are at in the budgeting process. In the past, we used excel spreadsheets which was inefficient and allowed for things to be missed.,Ability to filter and search on sheets Ability to adjust column widths in sheets to make more readable. Suppress columns with 0 value.,9,,8,We have found that it easier to drill down in Adaptive versus our ERP system (Banner),4,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Analyst Reports,At this point I don't think I would change the process, we are too new to the product.,Vendor implemented,No,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,Determining how will we do things in Adaptive, that were not previously done.,7,9,10,8I will seek out companies using and/or considering Adaptive whenever I make my next career move!We are using Adaptive for our annual planning process and interim forecast updates. We have also started using Adaptive for ad hoc reporting and will be transitioning our monthly and quarterly reporting decks to Adaptive over the next couple of months. Currently, only our FP&A department utilizes Adaptive, but we plan to expand to the Accounting department, at a minimum over the next 3 - 6 months.,The product is very intuitive We were able to customize our instance/installation to meet our specific needs Customer support is very responsive Product enhancements are happening regularly (e.g. the addition of level attributes to Office Connect),Lacks the ability to have multiple organization structures (this would be helpful for reporting in multiple years, when a re-org happens, etc) For our company, the licensing cost is somewhat prohibitive to roll out to all our locations managers (e.g. 200 additional users) I would like to see drag-and-drop capabilities in lists (e.g. org structure, dimensions, level attributes), instead of clicking an up/down arrow,9,,MS SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics GP,9,8,11,2,Utilize Discovery for dashboarding, both for existing users and for additional management. Add additional details to our actuals for further analysis (e.g. transactional info from our data warehouse, general ledger data, etc). Progression to monthly forecasts, at a minimum, or even rolling forecasts.,Moving our annual planning cycle and interim forecast cycles out of a spreadsheet. Reporting is much easier than in our legacy system - simply drag and drop fields and refresh the report. Very simple. We also utilize Office Connect for Excel, which is a powerful reporting add-in which allows refreshing of multiple worksheets and has eased our reporting burden. Utilizing Discovery for dashboards is on our short-term horizon.,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,Honestly, the only change I would make is talking with existing customers. I certainly don't expect that this would have changed my mind, but perhaps would change the timeline on when certain aspects of the product were implemented and utilized (e.g. connector for pulling in actuals). If I had to make this decision again, I would certainly select Adaptive again. If I ever make a career move, companies using Adaptive, or even considering Adaptive, will earn a much higher spot on my list of prospects.,Professional services company,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,First and foremost, my biggest issue was allocating sufficient time to the implementation. I was the only internal resource working on the implementation and conflicting priorities made the process tough. Determining customization for individual portions of the implementation was difficult at times. There are basic sheets, layouts, etc that can be utilized, but a big positive of Adaptive is that it can be customized for individual needs. In hindsight, having a better view of the desired end product would have been helpful.,9,No,8,No,As mentioned previously, the support team resolved a significant issue for me on a weekend, when I didn't anticipate receiving a response until the following Monday. This may seem like a small thing, but resolution of this issue saved me a great deal of time and avoided countless headaches. I'm truly grateful for the quick fix.Products you'll love.We use Adaptive Insights for budgeting and it is used in the Finance and Accounting area only. It sped up the budgeting process by a couple of months and allows us to have multiple versions of the budget. We are also able to make changes on the fly and print (or download) versions quite easily. It has freed me (the CFO) to do a lot more analysis and comparisons rather than trying to manage spreadsheets. It was invaluable during our recent acquisition which grew our company by 25% in one fell swoop. It allowed us to adapt our 2014 budget to the new locations easily and quickly. Love the product.,Comparisons (viewing by account or sheet is very helpful) to prior year data. Allocations (we are able to link data from various spreadsheet forms easily. Reporting is very easy.,It is pretty complicated, but I will say the basics are pretty easy.,9,Tremendously improved efficiency of the budet process. Much faster (and much more adaptivel) budget process. Our customers (store and executive management) are very pleased with the response times.,,10,2,2,Budgeting Comparisons Reasonability Review,Financial statements,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,We purchased the product when it was not quite as large or well supported, but they did a very good job. We requested that they quit implementing updates during year-end budget times.,9,No,8,No,During the setup phase as we needed some help modifying some things we do to work and they helped us using the allcoation process.,Spreading monthly budget Calculations Note taking/making,Setting up reports Setting up new locations.,No,7
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company

Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Reviews

Adaptive Insights, a Workday company

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 9 of 219 Adaptive Insights, a Workday company ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
March 08, 2016

Implementation Issues

• First and foremost, my biggest issue was allocating sufficient time to the implementation. I was the only internal resource working on the implementation and conflicting priorities made the process tough.
  • Determining customization for individual portions of the implementation was difficult at times. There are basic sheets, layouts, etc that can be utilized, but a big positive of Adaptive is that it can be customized for individual needs. In hindsight, having a better view of the desired end product would have been helpful.
May 13, 2014

Products you'll love.

Implementation Issues

• We purchased the product when it was not quite as large or well supported, but they did a very good job.
  • We requested that they quit implementing updates during year-end budget times.

Pixel Perfect reports (1)
Customizable dashboards (1)
Report Formatting Templates (1)
Drill-down analysis (1)
Formatting capabilities (1)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (1)
Report sharing and collaboration (1)
Publish to PDF (1)
Report Versioning (1)
Report Delivery Scheduling (1)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (1)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (1)
Predictive Analytics (1)
Multi-User Support (named login) (1)
Role-Based Security Model (1)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (1)
Responsive Design for Web Access (1)
Dedicated iOS Application (1)
Dedicated Android Application (1)
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (1)
Long-term financial planning (116)
Financial budgeting (124)
Forecasting (120)
Scenario modeling (115)
Management reporting (123)
Financial data consolidation (71)
Journal entries and reports (43)
5.8
Multi-currency management (51)
Intercompany Eliminations (37)
Minority Ownership (17)
Local and consolidated reporting (61)
Detailed Audit Trails (78)
Financial Statement Reporting (100)
Management Reporting (111)
Excel-based Reporting (111)
Automated board and financial reporting (98)
XBRL support for regulatory filing (12)
6.6
Personalized dashboards (75)
Color-coded scorecards (62)
6.4
KPIs (72)
Cost and profitability analysis (78)
Key Performance Indicator setting (64)
Benchmarking with external data (45)
6.0
Flat file integration (80)
Excel data integration (102)
Direct links to 3rd-party data sources (75)

About Adaptive Insights, a Workday company

Adaptive Insights, a Workday company, aims to power a new generation of business planning, and drive business agility in a fast-moving world. The Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud offers powerful modeling for organizations of any size, and helps people in companies to collaborate, gain insights, and make smarter decisions faster.

More than 3,800 organizations across 50-plus countries use Adaptive Insights. The vendor says the product is easy, powerful and fast, and enables "active planning". Recognized for the solution's ease of use, Adaptive Insights ranks #1 in customer satisfaction in independent industry surveys from leading market analysts such as Gartner, Forrester, and BPM Partners.

According to the vendor, Adaptive Insights helps mid-size & enterprise organizations’ leaders better manage their business:
  • Adaptive Insights enables organizations to break free from static planning, to active planning
  • Active planning is collaborative, comprehensive, and continuous
  • Active planning requires a solution that’s easy, powerful, and fast
Capabilities include:
  • Automated Budgeting and Forecasting to increase productivity
  • Self-Service Financial Reporting allowing users to create, share and personalize reports
  • Seamless Integration with Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Intacct, & MS Dynamics

Has featureScenario modeling
Has featureManagement reporting
Consolidation and Close Features
Has featureFinancial data consolidation
Has featureJournal entries and reports
Has featureMulti-currency management
Has featureIntercompany Eliminations
Has featureMinority Ownership
Has featureLocal and consolidated reporting
Has featureDetailed Audit Trails
FInancial Reporting and Compliance Features
Has featureFinancial Statement Reporting
Has featureManagement Reporting
Has featureExcel-based Reporting
Has featureAutomated board and financial reporting
Has featureXBRL support for regulatory filing
Analytics Features
Has featurePersonalized dashboards
Has featureColor-coded scorecards
Has featureKPIs
Has featureCost and profitability analysis
Has featureKey Performance Indicator setting
Has featureBenchmarking with external data
Integration Features
Has featureFlat file integration
Has featureExcel data integration
Has featureDirect links to 3rd-party data sources
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Does not have featureCustomizable dashboards
Does not have featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Does not have featureDrill-down analysis
Does not have featureFormatting capabilities
Does not have featurePredictive modeling
Does not have featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Does not have featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Does not have featurePublish to Web
Does not have featurePublish to PDF
Does not have featureReport Versioning
Does not have featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Does not have featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Does not have featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Does not have featurePredictive Analytics
Does not have featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Does not have featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Does not have featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Does not have featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Does not have featureRole-Based Security Model
Does not have featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Does not have featureReport-Level Access Control
Does not have featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Does not have featureResponsive Design for Web Access
Does not have featureDedicated iOS Application
Does not have featureDedicated Android Application
Does not have featureDashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile

Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Screenshots

Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Video

Don’t settle for static plans. Get active planning with Adaptive Insights – your source for business budgeting software that is easy, powerful, and fast.

Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Integrations

Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Competitors

Vena Solutions, Host Analytics Cloud EPM Suite, Longview, Prophix, IBM Cognos, Anaplan, CCH Tagetik, Tidemark, BusinessObjects SRC (Discontinued), Oracle Hyperion, SAP

Entry-level set up fee?Optional