January 30, 2020
Reviews (1-9 of 9)
September 26, 2019
May 28, 2019
Read Brad MacDonald's full review
- Stock-based compensation forecasting linked with workforce planning. This was historically a very challenging calculation, given our headcount growth and manual process. Using Adaptive, we were able to generate formulas based on our overall workforce plan, along with highly "auditable" calculations (i.e., we don't have a "black box" where nobody can explain how the number is calculated).
November 16, 2018
January 18, 2017
May 23, 2016
October 08, 2015
March 21, 2014
Read Andrew Rosenberg's full review
- Some ways we've utilized Adaptive Planning that might be unexpected have been for Corporate Overhead Allocation planning. Prior to using Adaptive, we allocated shared service (HR, IT, Finance, Legal, Office Space, etc) expenses based on a number of factors including headcount, revenue, time spent, etc, but had no way to project out future allocations to our 8 subsidiaries that were allocated these expenses. This was a problem as one of our subsidiaries was growing revenues and headcount at a much faster rate than the others. With Adaptive we were able to utilize new accounts for future drivers that tied into our personnel planning and revenue plans, as well as others, to forecast future overhead allocations in real time, as users made changes to their plans. This is not only a great benefit for P&L projections, but also a time saver for finance when doing quarterly reforecasts, where we no longer have to spend a few days updating projections for the year.
- We've added the Discovery Visual Display tool from Adaptive Planning and have been able to display key metrics, that we couldn't easily track and display in real time before, including some alternative asset based fee metrics. Also, we've been able to add some capabilities using Discovery including scorecards and metrics that we utilize across all of our subsidiaries, including some variance and year over year displays. Discovery allows us to easily filter these metrics by company to easily change views and keep the same metric display.
- Adaptive allows us to create sub-departments that roll up to reporting departments, which allows us to grant access to users who might only plan sales-related expenses for a single department, even though we don't specifically report sales data separately. This has been a time savings for managers who can know focus on more value-added activities and decentralizes the planning process for that department.
- We've been able to create multiple reports that have allowed us to conduct more accurate accounting reviews during the month-end close process. Some of these reports include account averages for the prior 3-months, while reporting variances from that average as well as variances from plan data. This allows us to more easily identify entries that need review.
- For two of our subsidiaries, we've been able to create sheets where we can plan revenue on customer level by month. This is something we hadn't plan to do after purchasing the application. However, the ease of planning, updating data through excel imports, and linking the output to specific plans and accounts, allows us to have a much more accurate forecast of revenues for both of these subsidiaries.
April 10, 2015
Read this authenticated review
- Nothing too fancy, but have used their template report functionality to create charts & graphs that link back to a financial data sheet tab; using Excel formulas in the template linking back to the data sheet allow for quite a bit of creativity along with giving users the freedom to still use Excel which most are more comfortable with - the possibilities are really endless as long as you can get the data into a data sheet tab and are strong with Excel.
- Adaptive has quite a bit of new BI functionality (Discovery, etc.) that I have not had access to yet, but it looks impressive.
- You can structure your Adaptive models to pull in non-financial data (which can be imported) and then incorporate into your reports.
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Adaptive Insights, a Workday company
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company, aims to power a new generation of business planning, and drive business agility in a fast-moving world. The Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud offers powerful modeling for organizations of any size, and helps people in companies to collaborate, gain insights, and make smarter decisions faster.
More than 3,800 organizations across 50-plus countries use Adaptive Insights. The vendor says the product is easy, powerful and fast, and enables "active planning". Recognized for the solution's ease of use, Adaptive Insights ranks #1 in customer satisfaction in independent industry surveys from leading market analysts such as Gartner, Forrester, and BPM Partners.
According to the vendor, Adaptive Insights helps mid-size & enterprise organizations’ leaders better manage their business:
- Adaptive Insights enables organizations to break free from static planning, to active planning
- Active planning is collaborative, comprehensive, and continuous
- Active planning requires a solution that’s easy, powerful, and fast
- Automated Budgeting and Forecasting to increase productivity
- Self-Service Financial Reporting allowing users to create, share and personalize reports
- Seamless Integration with Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Intacct, & MS Dynamics
Categories: Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Screenshots
Adaptive Planning balance sheets.Adaptive Discovery visuals.Adaptive Planning expense variance analysis report.Adaptive Discovery visuals with drill-down capabilities.Adaptive Planning in-sheet visualizations (waterfall chart)Use sparklines to visualize trends and make adjustments visuallyBuilt-in audit trail and cell explorer will let you see the source and history of any metric, assumption or formula
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Video
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Integrations
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||40%|
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Adaptive Insights, a Workday company Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and many more!|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Polish, Dutch|