Adobe Premiere Pro Reviews

Do you work for this company?

I have used Premiere Pro for the past 10 years or so to edit videos for clients, as an owner of a marketing company, and now as an owner of my own fishing lure business. There are a few other choices for video editing, such as Final Cut Pro and Avid, but the integrations with other Adobe products makes Premiere Pro my goto.
  • The seamless integration with After Effects makes it simple to import After effects projects directly to your project library.
  • I really like the ability to edit audio directly, either through an integration with Audition or directly in Premiere Pro.
  • The export features make it easy to export your sequences or project to any format you need.
  • Premiere Pro could use a little more robust effects. Jumping back and forth with After Effects can be time-consuming.
  • The keying features are nice when working with green screens, but take a lot of tweaking to get right.
Basic video editing for most people seems to be a real enigma. Premiere Pro is best suited for somebody with a background in other Adobe products, such as Photoshop or Illustrator. Most people will likely get lost in the abundance of features and functionality within Premiere Pro.

Our team started using Adobe Premiere(AP) back in 2015 as part of our digital marketing transformation.

As social media marketing is part of our core strategy, we realized early on that video was an essential part to reach our target audience and we quickly found out that adobe creative suite (which includes Adobe Premiere) was a perfect fit for us.

AP allowed us to quickly combine video shots, add music tracks and transitions in ease. The team then started experimenting with creating custom transitions and effects, and as we started including both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Aftereffects into our work schedule, we loved how the all the Adobe creative suite applications work beautifully together ( especially premiere and Aftereffects).

We could easily work on both applications simultaneously to produce high-quality promotional content and any edits done on one application would be directly applied on the open project in the other app.

We produced many promotional videos for YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. And we’ve created multiple templates that allowed us to produce speed up the work on our intros, outro and the themes for our social media series.

• Integrates smoothly with other Adobe Creative apps, especially Aftereffects
  • Robust and powerful and can produce Cinema-like intros, outros, headlines, etc...
  • Can execute both simple tasks and complex ones
  • Adobe listens to to the users feedback and releases updates regurlarly
  • Adobe Premiere has a steep learning curve if you are not familiar with video editing software or the interface of the adobe creative suite.
  • It would take a beginner sometime to grasp the basics and there are some other software and mobile apps that can do the same basics with less hassle, some are even produced by Adobe such as Adobe premiere rush and the adobe elements suite (also contains adobe photoshop elements)
  • It can be quite pricey for beginners to purchase and learn on.
Well suited for creating social media videos to be used on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, creating the company's promotional videos, creating beautiful intros and outros templates to be used within our company videos.
Anyone doing video work at our company uses Premiere. It's a foundational tool for creative projects we work on. Not only is it a robust editing platform that is flexible, powerful, and easy to use, but it also integrates so well with the rest of Adobe's products—from After Effects to Audition, and Photoshop to Illustrator.
  • Integrates very well with the rest of Adobe's products (After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
  • Provides robust editing tools in a modern platform—Premiere can do most everything that non-linear editing systems are needed for; however, Premiere often feels like it adapts far more often than many NLE competitors, allowing you to use a wide variety of file formats, resolutions, etc.
  • Easy to use and learn—I view Premiere as the sweet of being incredibly powerful while not being too complicated to learn. I've found it quite easy to train and onboard new users of all levels—whether seasoned editors or colleagues who are just learning how to edit for the first time.
  • Premiere tends to be buggy, particularly when new releases roll out. It can be very frustrating to get far along in a project only to encounter a bug that prevents you from using a tool or file format you need to. Rolling back to previous versions is possible but gets messy.
  • Subscription to the Creative Cloud: I don't mind this in a professional setting, but it can get very pricey for a casual user
  • Can be pretty resource heavy, however, that's the nature of most any NLE that is powerful
Premiere is particularly well suited for video editors who want a robust and flexible editing platform that doesn't limit their ideas—if you can dream it, you can quite often create it using Premiere alongside the rest of Adobe's tools. It's also great for collaborative teams who rely heavily on the rest of Adobe's products. All that being said, if you're someone who doesn't have any editing experience and is only looking to do basic editing projects once or twice a year, I'm not sure Premiere is the best tool for you.
We compile animations and then post process them in Adobe Premiere Pro. We also add sound bars and transitions and output smaller files for email or larger files for campaigns.
  • Importing file types intuitively. mp4s and JPGs.
  • Filters & transition options, such as multiply to easily and quickly mask out a white background
  • File output options such as vimeo export or for facebook
  • Sometimes if I'm cutting a small frame, it's difficult to grab the frame.
  • If I am working off my desktop, and I move a file, Premiere wants to use that file as a reference. So you have to move all corresponding files together.
  • If I pause a video playback, my play button gets removed. I need to move the timeline indicator to get it back.
We produce high end marketing product animations. Using Premeire we totally transform and bring another dimension of jazz to the experience, via sound, transitions, and even branding it with our company logo.
Dan Talvi profile photo
As the Audio/Visual coordinator for a multi-campus church, video editing has become an essential step in our workflow in distributing our video materials across all campuses and online. Adobe Premiere has provided our A/V team with the tools needed to produce our weekly sermon and video materials in a timely manner with quick turnarounds while maintaining high-quality production value.
  • Editing Tools and Utilities — Compared to other editing software, Adobe Premiere provides utilities and editing tools allowing the editor to manipulate footage, audio, and images in a way they best see fit for the production. These utilities include in-depth color correction tools, audio production utilities, and production templates.
  • Streamlined Adobe Interface and Functionality — As an avid user of multiple Adobe software, Premiere utilizes a similar user interface across all of its products. Users familiar with one Adobe software (such as Photoshop) can easily figure out how some tools and functions work solely from their previous experience. Premiere also supports integration with other Adobe software, providing the user the ability to import file formats from other Adobe products and maintain the ability to edit / adjust files after import as needed.
  • Regular Updates/Support — As part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere is regularly updated with new tools, features, and functions to assist video editors with their workflow. Software is well tested prior to release, ensuring bugs and glitches are minimal. When any issues are discovered, Adobe is typically quick to release patches and updates to remedy issues.
  • Creative Cloud Subscription Service — Premiere is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription service. This means that software is not a one-time purchase, but rather part of on-going pay-to-play. Adobe does not offer the ability to purchase software per version which can frustrate users who are not worried about regular updates and would rather make a single software purchase and have access to it for life.
  • Learning Curve — Due to its large selection of tools, utilities, and menus, Premiere can be difficult to just "jump in" and use without prior video editing software experience. Basic production editing can be learned quickly with additional resources (such as YouTube or training courses), but more in-depth functions may take users time to learn to access and use efficiently. Adobe provides some learning resources, but additional free training as part of the Creative Cloud would be beneficial.
  • Additional Preset Templates — Adobe Premiere implemented new templates for lower-thirds, titles, and other graphics in a recent update. However, there are only a select few templates to choose from for each category. It would be nice to have additional templates added in a future update for individuals looking to quickly create without manually creating each aspect of the production.
Adobe Premiere is perfect for the semi-professional or professional video editor. For our church, we produce weekly sermons for YouTube with embedded graphics, video clips for reference, and music, with Premiere being the only suitable software (on PC) that allows us to accomplish this at a high-quality, professional level. Premiere may also be suitable for individuals new to video editing if they are doing so looking to learn, as Premiere provides plenty of growing room. Casual video editors may be better suited with a less intensive, friendlier video editing software.
Read Dan Talvi's full review
Raphael Sanguinete profile photo
In Rebuliço many of our projects have audiovisual related needs. We work with music (and make music videos for our artists), we work with events (and make coverage videos of them), we work with games (and make video trailers for them), and finally, we work with movies (short films). So Adobe Premiere Pro is an essential tool for us and for our workflow.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro is getting better each day. It's more reliable and stable now than ever, and when you work with 4K clips with not soooo good computers, these behind the scenes improvements are essential.
  • We use many apps from the Adobe CC suite in our workflow, and every Adobe product has good integration with the others, facilitating the workflow and saving time.
  • I've used other video editing software, and for me, the interface and usability of Premiere is the best one.
  • Adobe could improve the plugin integrations because we had some problems with some of them and today the third party plugins are an important part of the Premiere universe.
  • For some types of video related needs, Adobe Premiere can be "too much", with too many features and great usage of resources. So, if you have simple needs, maybe other tools can work better.
  • It's not so easy to teach and train our new collaborators.
Adobe Premiere Pro is well suited for people or companies that have complex needs for video editing and for those who already are using other software from the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. For those who already know how to get around Photoshop, After Effects or Illustrator, the learning curve will be less aggressive. It's not so recommended for light video editing needs, that you probably can accomplish the same goals in less complex and less expansive products.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Sam Jacob Dev profile photo
When we started the first usage of the premiere was before when Adobe moves into the creative cloud. At that time it was not mature enough and we landed up using another product for our video marketing needs. Later during recent developments of Adobe premiere, the product itself has matured a lot and it has become a very powerful tool with lots of necessary and vast features for video editing. One of the main advantages of using premiere over other product is the ability to cross collaborate with after effects and other software in the Creative Suite.

When we would be working with premiere there were sometimes we need to get some images files and composition from photoshop or after-effects. At that time premiere just cross-linked the necessary files seamlessly. We were able to solve our problems and files are also synced across the various software and even if there were changes in the photoshop we were able to see the changes immediately within premiere.
  • A powerful set of video editing features along with multiple presets
  • Ability to sync files across illustrator, after effects and photoshop
  • Wide Range of color presets and advanced level of color correction.
  • Complex features that are all over the place and not easy for new users
  • Steep learning curve
  • No simple controls for ease of use and understanding
If one is for looking for Advanced video editing right out of the box and also great cross-collaboration between different files involving after-effects and photoshop then this software is very well suited.

If you are just looking for just basic video editing without much-advanced controls for the product and I believe this can be an overkill.
Read Sam Jacob Dev's full review
Danny Wood profile photo
We use Adobe Premiere Pro in the training department of the bank. I believe the marketing department uses it occasionally as well, but that's it. We use it to edit training videos to be used in classroom training as well as online training. I use it often for personal use as well.
  • I love the work flow ease. Once you get comfortable in the program and learn some shortcuts, you can edit videos very quickly.
  • Premiere is extremely powerful and has so many bells and whistles that I don't currently use but I know that they are there for when I do need them.
  • I really like the layout of the timeline and the ability to customize your workspace and save it. So I only see what I want and what I use instead of being distracted by a bunch of panels that I never use.
  • Maybe they could provide some more easier-to-use effects in their presets library.
  • I don't have any other cons that I can think of.
It is well suited for any kind of video editing, whether that's professional use or making a meme. I use it for editing training videos of scenarios. For example taking the videos from two camera angles of a staged scenario and editing the two clips together. I also use Premiere to edit music videos that I record in my spare time.
Read Danny Wood's full review
Patrick Meyer profile photo
Part of our extended marketing and branding includes an educational YouTube channel where we discuss the wine industry with prominent winemakers, producers, distributors, and dignitaries from around the world in an interview-like setting. We use Adobe Premier Pro in our creative department to edit all of our programming for this channel. We have found it to be in line with top industry standards when it comes to professional/pro-sumer level editing software. It provides us the ability to quickly create and render professional grade content.
  • Fast, organized editing that handles multiple production levels whether they are involved or simple.
  • Very intuitive user interface which has evolved over the years to really accommodate the needs of modern editing styles.
  • Render times (depending on hardware) are lightning fast which will ensure that we meet deadlines without issue
  • I wish Adobe would come up with a way to share projects more easily with a team. Project management and team collaboration would be a very cool feature.
  • Lots of updates rolling out frequently causes for some crashing issues sometimes. Both a good and a slightly annoying thing at the same time.
  • Adobe's subscription based pay structure.
This is an extremely powerful product that is built for professionals that have extensive editing background and knowledge of the depth of its tools. This being said, it can be very difficult for businesses or individuals of different backgrounds to learn to use this software right away. Perhaps if a company does not staff a creative team or someone who has film/editing experience, they would be better seeking out something more basic to fulfill their need.
Read Patrick Meyer's full review
Paul Weber profile photo
We use and support Adobe Premiere Pro for internal and external projects. Mainly it is used by students in support of assigned academic projects, but it is also used by student hobbyists and entrepreneurs. Faculty use mainly focuses on larger personal projects rather than use within the classroom, or on content that is delivered to students as part of a class. Staff use falls in the middle, with some hobby use but also some use for projects related to their duties at the university.
  • Accepting any type of media
  • Has all the tools you could want for any editing job
  • Passes work between other Adobe programs seamlessly
  • Changing or removing features can be frustrating - like the move from a standard color correction workflow with minimal tools in the NLE and a standalone grading software to the in-between of the Lumetri panel
  • Updates can be risky, and sometimes come with more bugs than they're worth
  • Some elements of the UI, such as highlight colors/categories are not visible enough to be useful, and too complicated to bother with
Premiere Pro is great for anyone looking to push the limits of editing. It is no more difficult to learn than other NLEs, but has the power to meet the needs of almost any project. Those who may want to avoid it are the one time or rare use individuals where the cost doesn't bring enough benefit.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Chris Bloom profile photo
I use Premiere to make videos for training and/or marketing purposes. Our audience includes both internal employees and external audiences. I believe it's being used in other parts of the organization (although our Creative Team uses Final Cut Pro), but I use it in the Channel Enablement Dept for our videos.
  • Very powerful program. I haven't come across anything that it doesn't do well in terms of video editing. As long as you have big enough monitors, you can customize the look for whatever works best in your editing environment.
  • It integrates well with other Adobe programs, such as Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
  • Being a part of the Creative Cloud, it's good not to have to pay a separate subscription price for it.
  • It has a steeper learning curve than some other more basic programs (iMovie, for example). And when first starting, the UI isn't the most intuitive. It could be intimidating for the beginner until you get used to it.
  • It takes a pretty powerful machine to run the program without hiccups. Lots of drive space, and memory.
  • Sometimes the fact that it can do everything makes it hard to find the tools to do the basics.
Best suited for those looking to do some more advanced video editing. Multiple camera shots, fine-tuning transitions, etc. Because it's part of the CC, it's nice that it's included and integrates well with the rest of the Adobe products. If you don't have larger monitors, or if your computer is not too powerful (budget laptop, for example), it might not be the best solution. Also, if your video needs aren't large, then it might be better to find a simpler editing program.
Read Chris Bloom's full review
Brock Ross profile photo
Adobe Premiere Pro is used solely by me. A majority of our company's income comes from subscriptions to online classes which are mostly video-based. Premiere Pro allows me to make professional, polished, expectation-exceeding videos for these classes. It is reliable, powerful, and as user-friendly as such a robust application can be. It helps me produce videos whose quality ensures that our existing customers keep coming back, and often share our videos with their social circles.
  • Premiere Pro integrates seamlessly with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite--After Effects, Photoshop, etc. I've done videos where I needed to collaborate with a graphic designer who'd made graphics in Photoshop. Having their separate layers import straight into my video was massively helpful and efficient.
  • Premiere Pro is great at working with a variety of media. I can gather audio and video footage from multiple sources (phones, cameras, webcams, screen captures, etc), and 99% of the time I can natively edit it into a single sequence without any hiccups.
  • Premiere Pro is not only fast and powerful on a high-end computer, but is easy to configure for efficiency on a lower-performance computer. Being able to edit video at 1/2 or 1/4 resolution has often provided a quick solution to editing on a slow computer (or through a slow connection, like an older USB 2.0 hard drive).
  • Given the ubiquity of iPhone videos, I'm very surprised Adobe hasn't made updates to Premiere Pro to allow it to manage variable-framerate videos. Videos shot on an iPhone or iPad don't have a fixed framerate like a DSLR camera would (such as 30fps, 60fps, etc). PrPro is not equipped to handle variable framerates, so iPhone MOVs longer than about 2-3 minutes will start to have their video and audio drift out of sync--a painstaking and frustrating problem to fix.
  • I am not a fan of the newer Title tool. It's not intuitive to use, and during my most recent use, it was a little buggy. I still use legacy titles, for the time being.
  • I'd like if Adobe did a better job educating the user about how media caching works. On several occasions I've had my hard drive inexplicably full, only to find after much investigation that some hidden Adobe media cache folder was taking up 80GB of space.
Premiere Pro is reasonably accessible financially, and a wealth of great tutorials are available for free online. If you're making videos which currently provide an income or which you expect to provide an income in the near future, it makes sense to get and learn Premiere Pro. If you're making basic family videos as a hobby, a free or less expensive program that's more simplified would be appropriate.
Read Brock Ross's full review
Lauren Holloway profile photo
Adobe Premiere Pro is being used by the marketing team at my organization. We currently use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit event videos and create videos for social media and our blog.
  • Ability to create videos of any length and size.
  • Organization of video clips and an easy to use system.
  • Great titles and add music to make your videos as interactive as possible.
  • Import video from multiple sources to edit.
  • With new updates, work spaces are often changing and things can be hard to find.
  • Making certain things more intuitive such as title, color mattes, etc.
  • Render time can be slow.
Adobe Premiere Pro is useful for organization small or large for editing or creating promotional videos.
Read Lauren Holloway's full review
Ali Walton profile photo
We use Adobe Premiere Pro to create videos for our YouTube channel. Our channel is used for product reviews and content creation to support our products and services.
  • Simple and easy to use layout.
  • Easy, fluid integration with other Adobe products.
  • Professional level editing abilities, but not overly complicated.
  • Sometimes Premiere will crash randomly. My company has not been able to figure out what causes this.
  • CMYK PSDs not compatible.
Honestly, this is probably the best video editing software for any level of editing!!
Read Ali Walton's full review
Ashley Erickson profile photo
I use Adobe Premiere Pro for all our organization's video production. I am the only one on our small communications staff who uses Premiere regularly or has any kind of extensive knowledge using the product.
  • High-quality post-production value
  • SO many settings that you can do just about anything with it
  • Makes editing video easy regardless of your skill level
  • Make toolbars more customizable
  • Ease of use could be more intuitive
Premiere Pro is appropriate for any video production project - even more so for more detailed or in-depth pieces with lots of layers and moving parts.
For super simple videos, there are most likely more user-friendly programs out there.
Read Ashley Erickson's full review
I use Adobe Premiere Pro to create marketing material. Working in the publishing industry, I specifically use this program to create products such as book trailers that are shared with the general public, and are often shared over social media platforms such at Twitter and Instagram. Premiere allows me to create trailers that are well edited, and high in quality.
  • Video Editing
  • Video Capturing
  • Sound Integration
  • Sound editing
  • Special effects, so I don't have to use another program
  • Uploading takes forever
Adobe Premiere Pro is well suited for any individual or business that is in need of a quality video editing program. It's fairly user friendly, and not difficult to pick up for any beginner. For those who are looking to create something with a lot of effects, this program wouldn't be the best. It needs an attached program, such as After Effects, to create that.
We are currently using Adobe Premiere Pro in the production of all our short videos. It is mostly used by our marketing department. Good videos produced by using Adobe Premiere Pro helped with our multiple marketing and sales campaigns.
  • I really love its endless features for both video and audio clips; And you can select different interface based on what mode you need. It is super convenient.
  • The color adjust function I'm recently exploring is so easy to use. I can find the perfect tone I'm looking for in 10 seconds
  • It is the perfect video editing tool for short/simple video editing if you are not looking for too many visual effects
  • I have to say it is not easy enough to start with. Make it more friendly for new users would be a good idea
  • The sound effects can be better. Especially the noise reduction choices
  • System collapse happened a lot recently so I had to reinstall the software to make it work again.
Premiere Pro can be a great tool for your in-house video production tool after you get familiar with it. It may take some time if you are a first time user. All these juicy features can be confusing but there is a lot of good tutorials online.
Chris Hecox profile photo
Adobe Premiere Pro is an essential part of daily work for my business.

As the small business owner of a video production company, video editing is my bread and butter. I needed a reasonably cost-effective software that's user-friendly, constantly updated, and powerful enough to produce videos quickly. Premiere Pro does exactly what I need.
  • Premiere Pro is extremely popular, being included in the Creative Cloud Suite. Because of widespread use, it's updated frequently and has plenty of troubleshooting forums and online discussions to search for issues and understanding the software. Frequent updates can also have cons, but for the most part, new features become welcome changes and bugs are fixed relatively quickly.
  • Premiere Pro is fairly easy to learn and makes for an excellent professional editing software or a great learning tool for new editors. The interface is simple to navigate and one can organize windows to their own preferences. Video editing becomes somewhat intuitive after repeated use of the software, simply due to how familiar Premiere Pro feels as one spends more time with it.
  • Premiere Pro offers many options for accomplishing your editing goals. Different editors prefer to cut sequences together using varying methods. Some might use the trim clip editor, while others would rather use the razor blade to cut clips. Some editors might use (.) to insert clips into a timeline, while others might use in and out points. The plethora of options at your fingertips makes Premiere Pro approachable and leaves lots of room for editors to define their own personal workflow.
  • As I've mentioned, frequent updates can carry negative consequences. Some newer features don't seem to be particularly well-developed or even tested. The new-ish "text tool" is a welcome change from the original "title editor," but it feels incomplete and lacking. The Team Projects feature has led to the loss of a full day of editing work, which made an already tight deadline even worse. Converting sequence files into After Effects compositions can be sort of buggy. These are specifics, but of course, there are instances of tried and true features which randomly become broken upon updating. These are typical software development headaches, but it happens from time to time.
  • I'd once heard Adobe chooses to compete for their development teams against one another instead of cohesively collaborate. I've no source on this other than gabbing with co-workers who'd visited an Adobe office at one point, but the more I've used Adobe software, the more I believe this to be true. Some Adobe programs use different keyboard shortcuts to accomplish the same command. Sometimes .psd and .ai files don't play well in Premiere. All other programs allow holding spacebar + hold left mouse button to scan around your image (or in this case, program monitor), but for some reason, Premiere doesn't support this same functionality. Why can't I scroll into the program monitor to zoom into the image? Instead, I have to click and select a zoom, then I have to use scroll bars to position the monitor onto the desired part of an image. It's frustrating and causes more trouble than good.
  • I'm appreciative of the options I have in Premiere Pro, but other Adobe programs do different things better. Of course Illustrator is great for design and illustration, and of course, I can't expect Premiere to run similar keyframed motion like After Effects. It would be great to have basic motion blur functionality, or a streamlined shape layer editor, or maybe a mask editor that didn't automatically apply a feathering to each mask I create.
Anyone hoping to move up from the ranks of "home movie" editor should probably bite the bullet to use Premiere Pro. I'm too unfamiliar with other comparable software (Sony Vegas?), and can basically never make the recommendation to use anything else, especially when a Creative Cloud membership nets you the slew of Adobe products. It's practically essential to have access to all of these programs.

If you are just editing a few fast videos for friends or never intend on making money with video editing, Premiere Pro is probably a luxury and not worth the money.
Read Chris Hecox's full review

About Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe offers their video editing platform Adobe Premiere Pro, supporting video and audio editing as well as VR presentations, available as part of the company's Creative Cloud suite or as a standalone application.