Adobe Sign Reviews

Cindy Pierre profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Makes it easy for customers to sign documents on the go or if they don't have a printer and scanner.
  • Documents are easy to fill out by the sender.
  • Documents are sent quickly.
  • Fields that have multiple choices such as surveys are hard to navigate.
  • Sometimes the document that needs to be signed is too sensitive to movement and it can take a little while to edit the fields properly.
Read Cindy Pierre's full review

Pros and Cons

• Standardized document management - Departments know they have a central place to check for completed documents and agreements.
  • Improved process flow - Even forms with complex routing between multiple users and departments can be set up easily in Adobe Sign (formerly EchoSign).
  • User management - User accounts that already exist for other Adobe products can sometimes be difficult to import into an enterprise account.
  • Conditional document flow - Processes with too many limited routing options may not be the best fit for Adobe Sign (formerly EchoSign).

Pros and Cons

• I like that multiple users can sign the document.
  • Saves the cost of printing and paper.
  • I cannot separate multiple forms that I have created by the template.
  • There is no option to download a folder with signed files.
  • The reports are not as flexible as I would like.
Shannah Portwood profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Approval Set Up. Whether the approvals are needed in Salesforce or independently, Adobe Sign allows to set up approvals.
  • Manual placement of signatures and form fields
  • Delegation of signature if authorized signer is out of office.
  • Replacing a contract with a correct version without starting from scratch on the approval process. There may be a way, but I am not aware of it. I am thinking in the sense prior to anyone's approval/signature. I've hit send and I realized it was the wrong doc.
  • Changing signer to approver without starting over after hitting send.
  • In my previous role, I felt the templates were hard to manage and modify, BUT that could be different now.
Read Shannah Portwood's full review
Christopher Power profile photo
January 28, 2019

Adobe Sign > Docusign

Pros and Cons

• Specifically, Adobe Sign makes it a seamless process to have documents signed and closed.
  • The application improves work flow because there is very little down time to get signatures and approvals.
  • Adobe Sign cuts costs, removing the burden of using printers, paper and ink.
  • It allows for documents to be easily downloaded after they're signed to keep and save digital records. It is much more efficient than paper.
  • Improvements Adobe Sign can make include directly integrating it into Adobe InDesign. Perhaps adding a function to add the signature box directly in the PDF from InDesign would increase the speed of design for marketing teams.
  • I cannot find the Adobe Sign App on the iOS app store. Being able to open PDFs and use Adobe Sign on my iPhone would make signature processes easier and faster.
  • Add a plug-in for PowerPoint for HR to use when doing presentations with employees so digital signatures are easier to obtain, making it easier to complete certain HR workshops and processes, especially during onboarding of new employees.
Read Christopher Power's full review

Pros and Cons

• It is fairly easy to use, it is pretty self-explanatory
  • There are a lot of available options and fields to add to a letter, print name, address, company name etc
  • It stores all the signed contracts
  • It notifies you when a contract is viewed and/ or signed
  • Maybe an option to import contacts. That way I don't have to type or copy an email address all the time
  • The design itself can be a bit slicker. It looks a bit cheap
  • When I want to reload the document, everything I've done in it; placements of fields and signature areas, is lost and I have to start over completely from the beginning (including adding recipient email). This is not a very good UX

Pros and Cons

• Clear direction for what is needed.
  • Emailing back the signed document at completion.
  • As a user, I see no changes obviously needed.
Caitlyn Weathers profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Instant emails and confirmations are a huge plus for me. I know that something is sent or when it is signed. The emails let me know and I can immediately download and print the signed copy for my paper records.
  • Easy filling of forms helps keep me moving quickly. I can open a document I've created and Adobe Sign will go through and detect where there are spaces for form filling. This lets me work quickly by filling in the blanks or marking them for the signer.
  • Streamlined for my clients. They love the ease that they can click through and sign and initial the contract or fill in any sections that they have to add text too. This shows them a level of professionalism in a saturated market to let them feel confident in their choice of a high quality photographer.
  • Sometimes I get mixed up between preparing a document in Acrobat and sending it off for signature in Adobe Sign. I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but I'll prepare the form in Acrobat and once I click to send it, either more spaces will populate where I've already created text boxes, etc., or I won't be able to edit the ones I had created. This could be user error, but I do have some frustration with how to keep from duplicating text boxes or a form not letting me complete it when I'm into Adobe Sign before I send.
Read Caitlyn Weathers's full review

Pros and Cons

• Good user interface to prepare a document for signature
  • Nice feature to store frequently used documents in a library
  • Auto field detection and auto-alignment of fields is a nice touch
  • The auto-field detection is not perfect, and it sometimes takes longer to fix the guesses made by the system versus doing it manually from scratch.
  • If I make an error when preparing a document for signature and want to go back, it's quite difficult in the current interface.
  • It would be handy to have a final confirmation screen that lists the name of the parties to whom a document is being sent for signature, the name of the document, and the order of signing. This would help me be 100% sure that I am sending the right document to the right people. (We all make mistakes!)

Pros and Cons

• A tremendous strength is being able to describe workflows with successive signatures (i.e., Person 1 signs, then it goes to Person 2 to sign).
  • Additionally, email notifications make it easy to know when agreements are signed and when followup actions need taken.
  • Templates make it easy to do repetitive signing; it is still possible to do one-off forms as well.
  • The dashboard makes it easy to keep track of how many agreements are in what stage of the process.
  • The dashboard is not as user-friendly as it could be. It lacks some intuitiveness.
  • It would be awesome to have better integration with Active Directory (for SSO/contacts) and with cloud file storage solutions.
  • Adobe Sign is not as intuitive as it could be with filling in templates.
Alexandra Gerritsen, MBA profile photo
January 15, 2018

Buyer Beware

• NetSuite integration is seamless
  • Easy to use for reps, including Sales folks
  • Horrible Customer Experience, little to no communication on issues or concerns when we have emailed them
  • Not an ethical organization, they have not lowered our pricing after a previous commitment and only entertained it after we received competitor pricing. Even then they tried to lock us into a 3-year agreement without even talking to us
Read Alexandra Gerritsen, MBA's full review
Michael Young profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Adobe EchoSign enables us to quickly and easily reach our client base of over 5,000 independent contractors across the country. Because our clients are located all across the United States it would be an inefficient use of time and resources to maintain their agreements and service contracts any other way than EchoSign. I am the admin for our EchoSign account with six subgroups that I manage a variety of documents for. I am easily able to locate a document, find its current status and see all who have shared it. This makes managing a large amount of documents very simple.
  • EchoSign is very user friendly in that every tab is easily recognizable as to its functionality and use. Being the one that trains our company on how to use and maximize EchoSign it is very easy for new employees to grasp because of how user friendly it is.
  • Getting a document uploaded into EchoSign and available for immediate use is very simple. I utilize Adobe Acrobat X Pro to create all the custom fields and the overall look of the document and then simply add the document to my EchoSign library with the appropriate signature fields.
  • Adobe EchoSign makes signing and filling out our contracts/agreements a simply process for the client. EchoSign walks clients through each field on a document in which information is required.
  • I do a lot of widgets within EchoSign and as far as I can tell there is no way to go back and edit the document if a change needs to be made without being required to redo the whole widget. Unlike uploading a document and having the capability of editing it once it is saved, widgets are a one time save and hope it is 100% correct. This gets particularly annoying when I am turning a 20 page document with lots of required and non required fields into a widget, one mistake means redoing the whole thing.
  • It seems there would be an easier process for archiving documents. A one or two click process would be nice and much easier for people I train to remember and grasp.
  • It may be due to my skill level but seems having more than one signer where one is optional gets a little tedious and difficult when it spans a large number of documents.
Read Michael Young's full review
Jessie Mead profile photo
December 09, 2014

Lecho my Echo...sign.

Pros and Cons

• The integration between Echosign and our Salesforce CRM is ingenious. Our company absolutely loves being able to provide its confidentiality agreements to potential buyers and clients, knowing it will come back to the respective team member as well as attach in Salesforce.
  • The reporting aspect is also great - we use these document reports as leader boards within the company to offer perspective and motivation for future documents.
  • The signing process is insanely easy. You can sign from a phone, computer, iPad - basically anywhere. I'm impressed with the timeliness of delivery and ease of use.
  • Our company uses a custom made widget for Salesforce purposes, and we aren't able to send the completed document to more than one contact (other than a standard cc). It would be great if this is something considered moving forward.
  • We have had a little more difficult of a time working with a multi-signature process. Transitioning the next department into our CRM system has been successful, but having the ability for multi-signing is the next big step we need to conquer.
  • Echosign always seems to be going through maintenance or glitches in the service - I know this is something actively being worked on, but always something to be considered.
Read Jessie Mead's full review
Laura Cain profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Echosign makes it extremely easy to get signatures - it's very clear who to send it to, how to get them to sign, etc.
  • Echosign has quick ways to edit documents - you can easily change who should be signing the document, remind someone to sign the document, print document, etc.
  • The search function has a lot of room for improvement - unless the word is in the title, it can be extremely difficult to find.
  • It would be very helpful for there to be an easy way to merge accounts - we've had issues in the past with some users not being linked and it can be very difficult to change.
  • The customer service is EXTREMELY lacking - you typically are required to submit any help requests via email which can be slow and frustrating if the issues aren't understood.
Read Laura Cain's full review

Pros and Cons

• We have integrated Adobe eSign with our instance of Salesforce.com. The integration is seemless to the end user, which makes sending agreements for signature a user-friendly experience.
  • The majority of our clients allow us to use an electronic signature process, and have not experienced any issues with the Adobe eSign experience.
  • Adobe eSign allows the recipient to delegate signing authority to someone else with in their organization, enabling us to forward statements of work to the client for review prior to their sending for internal signature.
  • Adobe eSign allows multiple signers within each organization.
  • Adobe eSign allows you to establish the order in which a document will be signed.
  • Adobe eSign allows you to write a custom message to the recipient.
  • It is very easy to create custom fields for the recipient to complete during the signing process.
  • Adobe eSign allows you to see where the document is in the signing process. It date/time stamps each step, from sending to view to sign for each person.
  • We have experienced some challenges in getting answers from Adobe eSign as it relates to its integration with Salesforce when Salesforce announces significant changes to their org. Otherwise, Adobe eSign support has been very good.
  • As a long-time client of Adobe eSign, the one area for improvement that applies to us specifically is the grandfathering of pricing. When we initially signed up for eSign, we had a larger pool of users. While our license needs have dropped since initial signing, we have retained our original license count so that we can keep the best pricing. If we were to switch to a lower count, they will no longer honor our pricing and it will cost us more. While I understand their logic, it just seems like a strange approach to take.
Alaina Jones profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Incredibly easy to upload routine documents stored in account library or upload a brand new, customized document.
  • Website provides clear instructions for reader use. Also very easy to guide new users through signing documents.
  • EchoSign provides a signature audit summary that allows the tracking of signature progression. A very useful tool in proving signature email address, IP address and date/time stamp.
  • Website also provides opportunity to send reminders to document recipients to sign if they have not done so by a specific timeline.
  • Provides return receipt to the signer of the document once completed.
  • Would be nice to have clearer way to distinguish which fields are required in order to submit documents once it's been signed versus which fields are just optional.
  • Although EchoSign does allow for multiple signers using the same email address, the document will be sent multiple times. Would be nice if both signers (who share an email address) could complete all fields the first time visiting the website rather than having to complete one section and then waiting for the second email to log back into the site and complete the document.
  • Would be great to be possible to allow multiple signatures through a tablet (such as an iPad) run flawlessly. We've noticed issues retrieving the second signature when customers sign contracts through our tablets.
Read Alaina Jones's full review
Scott Evans profile photo
November 19, 2013

Echo sign...essential!

Pros and Cons

• The product is simple to use but has the depth to cover a large variety of requirements.
  • It has greatly improved our client retention rate.
  • It has Improved our turnaround time for cases.
  • It is consistent and reliable, having used the system over the past 2 years, it is rare that we find it is unavailable for use.
  • It gives us and our client's options, rather than having to rely on the postal services to get our agreements signed.
  • I would like to see some development to the building of forms, we recently found it quite difficult designing a form using the Echosign coding in word because the size of the field is reliant on the number of characters in the field name. Perhaps this could be altered so we could just type in the number to represent the size of the field.
  • I would like to be able to validate a form as it is being completed, depending on responses provided by a client. Essentially an interactive form.
  • The agreement quite commonly finds it's way into a clients junk email.
Read Scott Evans's full review
Jason Kwicien profile photo

Pros and Cons

• The ability to send an estimate/contract for signature with a single click has made ease of use for our franchisees and training our employees extremely easy.
  • Salesforce Integration - new agreement templates and the EchoSign button makes it easier to send agreements based on templates that we create ahead of time allowing our franchisees to utilize these agreements universally instead of maintaining multiple copies.
  • A centralized database of all our contracts across the country for reference is very important. Knowing that Echosign has the security in place to store these is important.
  • NEED AN ANDROID APP!
  • Text wrapping function on the forms so that wording does not go off the contract
Read Jason Kwicien's full review
Ellen Butler profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Allows clients/buyers to quickly sign and return contracts and documents.
  • Great reminder feature to search for any contracts out for signature and send reminders - either a single reminder, or daily until it is signed.
  • Mobile compatible - many of my customers are traveling so allowing them to confirm their contract and sign quickly from their mobile device is a HUGE time saver!
  • I haven't researched (or had the need) for contracts w multiple areas to sign/initial. They may be able to make this easier.
Read Ellen Butler's full review
Aaron DeRan profile photo

Pros and Cons

• When integrated with a document generation solution such as Conga, EchoSign provides a seamless end to end electronic document solution for providing customers the ability to receive, sign, and return contracts and agreements in a fraction of the time it would take to print, sign, and return.
  • EchoSign is very client friendly, making it simple and straightforward to use, even for first time recipients. It walks users through each step of the process.
  • EchoSign is extremely intuitive and user-friendly. This increases the likeliness of user adoption and maximizes its ROI.
  • Document archiving could be a bit easier to manage.
  • Management of multiple signers with a single email account should be done without sending the document multiple times to the same address.
Read Aaron DeRan's full review

About Adobe Sign

Adobe Sign (formerly EchoSign) is an electronic signature platform and service, and part of the Adobe Document Cloud suite of document management solutions, the other being Adobe Acrobat.