- Altaro VM Backup was chosen as our backup solution for our physical VM host servers to backup the many virtual machines we had. We wanted …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Altaro, and make your voice heard!
Subscription License - Standard Edition
Subscription License - Unlimited Edition
Subscription License - Unlimited Plus Edition
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Altaro VM Backup is a virtual machine backup and replication solution for Hyper-V and VMware environments. The vendor reports that It is used by 50,000+ businesses worldwide.
Designed for IT departments, IT resellers, IT consultants and Managed Service Providers (MSPs), the solution provides robust, streamlined, enterprise-level functionality. It’s characterized by ease of use, speed and affordability.
With its WAN-Optimized Replication and Continuous Data Protection (CDP), the vendor claim that companies can achieve minimal RPO and RTO, i.e., drastically reduce the length of time virtual machines are down and the amount of data lost when disaster strikes – to just minutes.
According to the vendor, Altaro’s Augmented Inline Deduplication slashes storage costs.
For organizations with multiple sites, Altaro provides a cloud-based management platform that gives a central view of all installations. This gives Altaro IT resellers/consultants a centralized multi-tenant view across all their customers.
The vendor promises that Altaro provides 24/7 support, with a Lightning Fast Support Call Response Guarantee of <30 seconds.
- Supported: Fast performance
- Supported: Minimal RPO and RTO through CDP
- Supported: WAN-Optimized Replication
- Supported: Boot from Backup
|Operating Systems||Windows, Hyper-V, VMware|
- Altaro VM Backup was chosen as our backup solution for our physical VM host servers to backup the many virtual machines we had. We wanted this solution as the setup was fast and straightforward, and we were backing up within 10 minutes! It also helped that the product was very reasonably priced, and licensing was simple to understand.
- Restoring is also super comfortable, with various options to restore as a clone for quick testing, restore individual virtual disks, or maybe restore just some files or exchange items. Or failing that, if you don't have time to do a complete restore, boot from the backup. Altaro VM Backup can also be set to test and verify backups, so you know that you have valid backups on hand.
- The licensing covers either VMware or Hyper-V HyperVisors are making it easy to learn one product and use it across various platforms.
- Over the years, a constant stream of added features or enhancements has been made to ensure this product is relevant and adding value. Some of the notable improvements/features added have been Data Deduplication, Offsite copies (remote Altaro and now Azure) with WAN acceleration (Altaro server), Constant Data Protection, Cloud management, and many more.