Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Articulate Storyline, and make your voice heard!
Freelancers - Personal Plan
Academic - Personal Plan
Academic - Teams Plan
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
Articulate Storyline is software for creating interactive courses. The vendor states it's simple enough for beginners, yet powerful enough for experts, and with it users are able to create virtually any imaginable interaction, in minutes. The vendor further provides that with their new perpetual version of Storyline, users can deliver mobile and accessible courses with enhanced interactivity, faster.
- Supported: Get started building courses right away, without any training. Storyline is so intuitive to use, even beginners ramp up quickly.
- Supported: Create engaging interactivity, easily. If you can imagine an interaction, you can easily build it with Storyline. Let learners click, hover over, or drag any object to trigger any action. Build engaging interactions in minutes with buttons, sliders, markers, and hotspots. And create dynamic, personalized interactivity with intuitive variables—no programming required.
- Supported: Build immersive, engaging learner experiences with video and simulations. Record screen activity, add screencasts from Articulate Replay, and import any type of video. To create software simulations simply record your screen once, then edit whenever and however you want.
- Supported: Assess learners any way you want. Turn objects on your slide into a decision-making activity–or use 25 different question types to create quizzes quickly. You can test throughout your course to get a clear view of performance, and combine results from multiple quizzes for a final score.
- Supported: Make it easy for every learner to access your content. Storyline supports right-to-left languages and double-byte character sets and includes Section 508 and WCAG support.
- Supported: Reach learners on virtually any device with HTML5 and Flash publishing options (Storyline 2) and a fully responsive player (Storyline 360 only).
- Supported: Publish for learning management systems with Tin Can API 1.0, SCORM, and AICC support.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
Knowing that I can always just drop a video onto a slide and then export the whole thing as a SCORM file is an easy way to get older pieces up to date so that we can make sure people are retaining the knowledge we're passing onto them.
It is not very well suited for exams, although they do advertise as having a robust exam feature. While the exam feature is indeed robust, it is also a heavy load for users' computers so a classic HTML-based testing software is very much preferred!