I love Asana!

Task Management (154)

Team Collaboration (153)

Scheduling (140)

Document Management (129)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Asana, and make your voice heard!

Premium

per month

Business

per month

• $10 per user per monthOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://asana.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $50 per month

Project Management

Professional Services Automation

6.7

What is Asana?

Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives. The vendor states that with Asana, teams are more confident, move faster, and accomplish more with less, no matter where they are located. Asana boasts more than 75,000 paying organizations and millions of free organizations across 195 countries as users, who manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. Teams do great things when everyone has clarity and is empowered to do their part. Asana aims to give teams the confidence to plan, organize, and execute their most ambitious work from anywhere.

Asana Features

• Supported: Integration with accounting software

• Supported: Work Management
  • Supported: OKRs

Asana Screenshots

Product HomepageTeam ConversationsProject CalendarsInboxList ProjectPortfoliosTimelineWorkloadBoard Project

Asana Videos

Meet Asana, your work manager. But better.
Keep team projects running smoothly with Asana.

Asana Integrations

Asana Competitors

Asana Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese, German

What is Asana?

Asana is a web and mobile project management app. With tasks, projects, conversations, and dashboards, Asana lets an entire team know who's doing what by when, enabling workload balancing. Users can also add integrations for GANTT charts, time tracking and more.

How much does Asana cost?

Asana starts at $50.

What is Asana's best feature?

Reviewers rate Task Management highest, with a score of 8.8.

Who uses Asana?

The most common users of Asana are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

(1972)

June 24, 2022

I love Asana!

Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is our project management tool that we're using to keep track of our projects, tasks, and most of our strategic initiatives. It's used extensively by most of the company. Our Dev team still uses JIRA for running its sprints, however, marketing, operations, and business development all use Asana and it has helped us coordinate better and reduce lag time between departments.
  • Task management - It helps us keep track of all of the tasks that we're working on, prioritizing them, and making sure that they get completed.
  • Team collaboration - It makes it easy to work with other teams/departments and collaborate together.
  • I would love the ability to comment on files in the app. If someone uploads a pdf or a doc that needs review, then I have to download it, comment on it, and then reupload it. I would love it if it had a way to make comments on the document itself.
  • I wish that I could see all of the tasks that I'm a follower of. If you're not the one that the task is assigned to, then it doesn't show up in your feed. Having some sort of report of tasks that you're a follower on would be really helpful.
We do a lot of cross-team/department work so it's been really nice to tag someone in the task and ask for their review/approval. They can easily pop into the task, review, approve, and leave comments for us to review. It's sped up our process and eliminated drag in our organization. It is also really nice to have a paper trail of what was communicated and to refer back to in cases where we're not sure what we agreed upon on previously.
I haven't had to have any interactions with their customer support. So, I guess that means they get a 10 because I never have to talk to them! When the recent system outage happened, they were very active on twitter trying to communicate with people and give an update on what was going on.
Asana is mainly used by the entire public affairs department, however, there are parts of Asana that are used by the entire organization (forms, accessing shared links, etc). Asana is a project management tool that [keeps] our creative teams on track of projects. It allows detailed project planning and organization and allows every team member to fully visualize the project process before it gets started.
  • Flexible organization of project parts - you can easily set up project boards on your own or use pre-built templates to start laying out your project details.
  • Small features - drag and drop functionality makes it super easy to route outside requests, tagging your team members and setting priorities, and the ability to integrate with Outlook are really helpful extra touches.
  • Calendar feature - what good would a project management software be without an excellent calendar feature? Luckily, Asana lets you track goals and progress while keeping an eye on your teammates calendars/workloads.
  • I think there could be improved clarity around the different levels of Asana. For example, the resources available to paid accounts are not visible from the more basic accounts, so you're not aware that there are expanded options until you look in their knowledge base and see that they have additional features.
  • Exporting projects - you can export a project into a csv, but it isn't pretty. This can be challenging if you'd like to have an archived project folder for open records requests.
I think Asana is one of the best project management software available. In this world of mostly digital communication, keeping your team on track OUTSIDE of Microsoft Teams/Skype/Slack/Email is crucial as so many moving parts can easily get dropped. Asana is there to hold all of the pieces and easily integrate with your main communication channel.
Brian Keary | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a web developer, I find Asana comes in handy to keep my projects organized. Everything I need to accomplish is easy to add to each project and I even get a nice graphic when a task is completed. Before I used Asana I had project details in 4 or 5 places and it was always a pain to keep organized.
  • Organize my material in one place so I don't need to dig for it.
  • Ability to add to each project easily and check it off as done just as easy.
  • Pleasing design
  • When I am a user with clients I need to open a new window for client.
  • When using the app it always tries to open in browser when clicking anything.
For Project Management, Asana is the choice to pick. It is super simple to set up, edit and use. When I choose the app as my default preference, I wish that when I get an email and click the link it doesn't always try to open a web browser version.
Chantelle Chase | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this currently to manage projects within my company. It is an excellent tool to allow both my clients and colleagues to see the progress and see what is missing and where something is in the pipeline. It also has great reminder tools. It is great for us to meet deadlines, improve efficiency and accountability within the organization.
  • I love that it puts communication all in one place!
  • It helps us to be accountable for our work and see who is responsible for what!
  • We love the ability to customize the platform to our needs.
  • Currently we are a small organization and haven't run into too many issues.
I think the best part about Asana is how we can use it seamlessly across the company within all departments and have separate spaces for each department as well. We are all remote so when we aren't able to have a standup meeting it is easy to pop in there and see where everyone is on a specific project.
January 31, 2022

Asana Review

we use it for daily weekly and monthly organization, some of the customer service agents use prebuilt forms to ask ur department for requests and ideas for improvement
  • Great design
  • multi usage options
  • reminds you of tasks in a nice way
  • more "back" button options
  • another way but tagging to lent know the person that sent the form we answered in the comments, via email for instance
its absolutely great ! i use it every day for planning and for organizing all of my tasks if its daily, weekly or even monthly! great design nice ux makes my eyes a little bit less soar from all the other platforms use and fun to use, i really love it
We're a creative agency managing multiple client projects and internal initiatives. Asana has helped us streamline our process and continue to hold ourselves accountable, especially as a remote team. Asana is flexible enough to grow with our team and the templates feature is especially helpful in onboarding new team members.
  • Project Management.
  • Reminders.
  • Deadlines.
  • Integrations.
  • The UX could be more intuitive.
  • More nuanced time tracking and subproject reporting.
  • Detailed reporting.
Asana is a great option for any team managing multiple projects and passing files through a review process. If you require integrations with multiple tools, Asana's ecosystem is well-established and the support team can be helpful with implementation. Asana is a flexible tool for growing organizations, but pricing might be an issue for smaller startups.
Jeniriana Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is used by the organization's teams to communicate with each other and follow up on our tasks for better team performance. Each group that uses Asana is divided, for example, sales team, marketing and design team, salespeople and engineers. This platform has solved different communication problems, and delays in the projects.
  • The best tools of Asana are found once we start a project, since the calendar that is integrated into our mail is super easy to use and we use it as a small agenda.
  • The management of projects is incredible, the monitoring provided is one of the best in its category, since it facilitates group work.
  • The creation and assignment of tasks, notifications and that each person can enter to work no matter where it is since it has a good mobile and web interface.
  • There are not many disadvantages in Asana since its great team has been in charge of improving it constantly, in previous versions it could only be used in English, but now we have several languages to choose from.
  • A point against Asana is that at first it was quite difficult for everyone to adapt to it, it was a long learning process.
Asana is a great ally when our team has been under a lot of pressure of work and tasks, we usually pay close attention to the notifications and agenda so we do not miss anything and avoid deliveries of the last minute. It would also not be appropriate to add monitoring tasks hours before delivery, this becomes compulsory. We are aware of maintaining a good atmosphere in the chat rooms because the discussions there are not good at all.
January 02, 2022

Asana been louden.

Christopher Fazio | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Asana to track all of our organizations' tasks. Helps to hold each other accountable. Great product for staying on track with goals.
  • Accountability
  • Stay on track with tasks
  • Easy to follow
  • Show when a rock goal has not been met and how long it’s been open.
  • Allow individuals other than admin to close rock.
  • Add more cool graphics like the unicorn.
We use this product weekly in our company update meetings. It is a great tool to stay organized and helps [meetings] flow faster.
My use of Asana is as a user on other people's projects. It makes it easy for me, as a stakeholder, to get updates and see where other groups are in the life of the project, and reduces the number of emails I need to send to the project manager - I can just take a look and see for myself how things are progressing and what tasks might be assigned to me.
  • Task management
  • Progress updates
  • When you have a lot of projects going, it can be hard to navigate all of them
Asana is great for getting out of docs and email and getting people on the same page to manage complex projects and share resources.
Currently, Asana is used across the whole company to keep everyone informed of what other areas are working on, how are their timelines and progress, and also to create requests such as new hardware requirements, software access, or even updates on the payroll. Having into account what I previously mentioned, the business problems that it addresses are project management, requirement management, and task grooming.
  • Task grooming
  • Sharing of project/product evolution across company
  • reminders of incoming tasks
  • On the board view, organizing more than one dimension for example having tasks of front and back in the same board while trying to keep track of the progress of each one in the same space
it certainly is a really good tool when it comes to project management because it allows keeping track easily of how [our] timelines being handled, what is the overall progress of a specific task or a product as well as providing tools such as dashboards to see the performance of the team and based on that, making decisions to improve. It has room for improvement when it comes to board view, more specific when trying to organize more than one dimension for example having tasks related to front and back in the same board while trying to keep track of the progress of each one in the same space.
Asana was first introduced to me by a director of another functional area who had used it at a previous job and loved it. Since I was managing the requests for new application acquisition at that point, I got to try it out and see how it worked in action. Our Commercial Partners division currently uses Asana as their primary Project Management application. It is used to ensure that all project management tasks are aligned and everyone knows what they are assigned to accomplish for the said project.
  • Super easy to assign task list items to members of my team.
  • Task finished checkmark is a way visual representation of what is done and off your plate.
  • Multiple ways to sort the tasks, by date or by priority.
  • Integration: Our company uses Sharepoint, and I wish there was an easy integration for that.
  • Customize notification. I wish there was a more detailed way to customize notification for certain projects or tasks.
  • Calendar Syncing is really hard to do, especially with team members using a different system.
Asana is one of the best project management software applications that I have used in my career as a Product and Project Manager in multiple industries. It provides a plug n play approach to the new application onboarding. It's pretty intuitive and the basic functions are very easy to get accustomed to, for a more robust system, a person has to do a deeper dive into the functionalities. However for a medium sized team I think this is a wonderful application. It keeps everyone on task and it's simple to add a task and assign it and track progress.
Asana is a project-management tool that offers a great experience when using it. Asana a complete software with project planning, scheduling and budgeting for activities. Great with workflow automation. Excellent with Gantt charts. Easy for planning and listing daily tasks. It is a software that is easy to use and very easy to customize, that feature is really great.
  • Project task list
  • Assign a date on a task
  • Support team - need to improvement
  • A list of standard tasks would be helpful
  • It can be a little overwhelming.
What I like the most about this software is its multifunctionality, it is really versatile, I also like that it is very easy to use, it has a nice interface, I like that I can have greater control of tasks, it is fully automated and that facilitates tasks. Easy to use, can convert a list to a kanban board and Gantt charts and back again, plus handles depth better than any other tool.
Need improvement on mobile app. Not easy to run on there.
Lee L Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
A few of us at TLo use Asana as a project management tool to keep track of the projects and tasks for our current clients. Each person can track their individual to-dos, you can view all backlogged or in-flight tasks for a specific client, and you can communicate about all of the above inside the app.
  • Keeping tracking of tasks for projects
  • Keeping track of tasks for yourself and other employees
  • Communicating about tasks, due dates, etc
  • Recurring tasks are a bit weird in how they are re-generated each time you complete the previous one.
  • It was a huge pain to switch email addresses/accounts when we changed our email domain.
Asana is a great project management tool for when you need a simple solution. The free tier has plenty of functionality for small teams and I'm sure the paid tier(s) have some advanced options that would be even nicer. If you need a super involved tool, you may need something more sophisticated, but it gets the job done for us.
October 20, 2021

Disappointed with Asana

Asana is used in my department to manage projects. We use it to assign individual tasks, follow project templates, and generate team management information. We selected ASANA a few years ago as a value-for-money task management software suitable for smaller organizations with the ambition to grow. This is how we evaluate our experience to date.
  • Simple and clear task management solution
  • good technical support
  • Increasing pricing
  • Lack of flexibility
  • Actually, very similar functionality to other software which provides better value for money
For a small organization that looks for flexible easy to navigate software, you might be better off with a different value for money provider.
Asana is used across our entire organization for multiple projects. It helps me assign responsibilities to the staff, to send them email reminders, and to keep tabs on their work. One advantage is that the reminders come from "Asana", so they don't feel as if I am breathing down their neck. It also helps us to communicate back and forth.
  • Collaboration
  • Reminders
  • Keeping tabs
  • After the deadline is past, the person responsible stops receiving reminders
  • Some features are not available on the free version
  • You can only mark 1 person responsible for a task (otherwise you can only assign subtasks).
Asana is well suited to managing a small team when email reminders are helpful. It is very easy to learn even with no tech background. It is not appropriate for tracking time. I am using the free version, so [I] do not have all of the available features at this time.
We are rolling out Asana across most of our organization, in an attempt to improve collaboration and manage all the new products and projects being created on a daily basis.
  • Organizing information
  • Facilitating communication across teams
  • Lots of "gotchas" in their pricing and contracts
  • Poor onboarding
  • General lack of concern about their customers
Asana is well-suited for companies with deep pockets who don't mind being nickel-and-dimed. If you need to add 1 extra user to your account -- you can't. They will charge you for either 10 extra users or 25 extra users, depending on your company size. And they don't disclose this pricing up front. If you dislike these kinds of "gotchas" and deceptive pricing, then you should look elsewhere for another solution. No matter how great the software is, if you don't like or trust the vendor you're working with, it's not going to be a good fit.
Asana helps us get tasks and projects organized. The messenger hub is helping us communicate better when discussing and sharing files among the team. Asana has improved our project collaboration and helped with tracking the project progress percentage.
  • The main drag & drop feature allows us to upload documents, photos, and web links directly into the task.
  • Asana provides the ability to collaborate with colleagues on tasks, which helps us keep track of progress and improve productivity.
  • We can easily generate reports and share them across the platform.
  • It is quite difficult to manage complex projects.
  • Integration of other tools with Asana is not that great. Payment is required for those additional integrations.
  • There should be user control to delete the people from teams and projects in a much easier way.
Asana is a great application for your project management. It provides delightful features like a task scheduler, free mail notifications, unlimited teams, messaging, activity logs, file storage, and much more. It has a great dashboard with a better interface that is easy to understand and provides us with a faster way of doing project management. I recommend this product for all companies that use the agile development process.
Pankaj Singh Shah | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used it for project and task management both large and small projects. The use case was to efficiently manage the project by eliminating silos and create transparency between teams. The impact of Asana was good to improve project timelines especially with cross-functional team projects. One of the strong part was reporting tasks that help a lot.
  • Task management
  • Project management
  • Task and project analysis
  • UI can be improved specially on mobiles.
  • Finding conversation specific to any task takes time many times.
Project management is a very good use case where asana suited well.

Conversations are not that great here.
Taylor S. Shelberg, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're currently using Asana in our Admissions office. We use it amongst four (4) full-time staff members and a handful of student workers (interns). It's been a gamechanger for us since day one. We're now able to hold less meetings and there's less questions about who is working on what project and when it's due. Asana allows us to clearly define roles and work while keeping us all on track.
  • Organizes all of mine and my team's tasks into easy-to-view projects
  • It functions as my master to-do list every day (if it's not in Asana, it probably didn't happen!)
  • Clearly outlines which team members are responsible for each piece of the project at any point in time
  • Upgrade software to automatically assign newly created tasks today with today's due date to no longer show up in "recently add" (My Tasks) and instead just populate under the 'Today' accordion
  • Allow more customization on the My Tasks view
  • Create a "First 15" or "Last 30" header that allows you to group all tasks that take less than 2 minutes into this section for completion at the beginning (first 15) or end (last 30) part of the work day
I would undeniably recommend Asana to another colleague. In fact, I already have a number of times and a few of them are now on Asana. It's not only a great way to consolidate all your sticky notes, bullet journal lists and anything else you're using into one, but it's digital! Being able to use the mobile app when I'm in meetings to add tasks for myself or others, add details in the task description or reassign to other staff members in real time is invaluable! Such a time saver and by far, my favorite software that I use on a regular basis!
Asana is used by our corporate team to coordinate departmental efforts; however, it is not used by our operational project management teams. The goal of using Asana was to expedite updates and collaboration efforts between various groups (Acc, HR, Ops, IT, Marketing, etc.) when working together and executing on corporate initiatives.
  • Sub-tasking under a primary task (having individual assignments/commentary etc. on subtasks).
  • Summation of individual tasks across multiple projects.
  • Setting recurring tasks/templates.
  • Ability to milestone/use dependencies.
  • Some integrations with Microsoft Outlook struggle.
  • Offline access on mobile and desktop.
  • Assigning difficulty and required effort for resource planning.
The program works really well for general task management on an individual level. If you are looking for something that can organize tasks and flow between mobile and desktop, Asana is a great tool.

Asana shines in team collaboration when trying to organize tasks and streamline communication among multiple users.
We use Asana as a management tool for tasks/meetings in a small technological company.
We mainly use Asana for: tasks allocation, tasks reminder, "online agenda" for online crew meetings.
Asana is used both for technical and business related tasks and projects.
Asana is easy to use and does not require any software installation, so it is used widely in our organization for different types of tasks.
  • Easy to use by any user (good UX and no installation needed)
  • Easy to create a simple project, add tasks and sub tasks.
  • Different display options, according to the project/tasks type
  • Works great using a web browser, you don't have to install the application
  • Asana is not really a project management tool, it is good for simple projects only
  • UI has some glitches (doesn't save preferences, etc.)
  • Integration with other tools (Office 365, MS Project)
  • No reminders if the working period you entered is on holidays
Asana is a great tool for simple tasks, but only for simple ones. But, don't forget that most of the tasks are usually simple. So, Asana can be used as a great personal task management system, online agenda for meetings, simple tasks allocation tool and even an easy to use management tool for simple projects. One of the main advantages of Asana is the ease of use, so even if it is not perfect anyone can use it, and if you use any management tool it is much better than nothing.
Our Marketing department uses Asana to manage workflow. Having a marketing request form for others in the company to fill out helps save time and back and forth emails to get all the information we need. We push all our requests through Asana so we can assign them to the correct person right away. It makes our team more efficient!
  • Time management
  • Clarity on tasks
  • Dependent tasks
Asana is great for teams that are remote. It helps teammates keep in touch and you always know what the status of the task is!
We tried for months to learn, use and implement Asana, and while some companies find it useful we didn't have that big of a budget to afford all the plugins, API calls, and set up other software as it just didn't play well.
We wanted it to sync with our codebase, Salesforce, email, and a backend database but it was like pulling teeth to get something to work, and then there were always these little gotchas that I just pulled the plug.
It seemed intuitive but it took forever to explain, it looks nice but just would not integrate with our systems. People complained about how hard it was to understand and there wasn't a simple "let's do it this way" best practice that was obvious like Salesforce. I had to reverse engineer "do anything" to find something that worked and just gave up.
  • it looks nice
  • was some what simple to start
  • too open ended
  • provide more, do it this way and its fast
  • why do I have to pay for all these calls and integrations.
I don't know where its well suited, maybe a customer service heavy company or where they can dedicate a specific person to create a path.
Val Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is being used in our organisation for creating projects and adding tasks, which I find incredible since I can appropriately track my projects and daily activities.
  • Creating projects.
  • Assigning tasks to various persona.
  • Tracking all projects.
  • Asana has great features that are efficient may be as time goes by they improve Kanban board and Gantt although it is still great.
  • I think Asana should allow for working without Internet.
  • Asana should also provide more analytical tools.
Asana is appropriate to organizations that want to greatly plan and track projects at ease. The features are magnificent in that via it you can assign tasks to people and track those tasks efficiently.
Asana also provides daily reports about work also helps to gauge progress. It also provides excellent user friendly facility to manage tasks.
We use Asana to manage a few aspects within our small business. The tool works great for having virtual meetings where a task can be used to capture the meeting minutes and sub-tasks can be used to allocate the action plan items to the specific meeting delegates. We also use Asana for high-level strategy and goal setting as well as day-to-day task allocation and tracking.
  • Task allocation and Tracking
  • Virtual Meeting management covering the agenda, feedback and next action steps
  • Task collaboration with a wide range of features to keep all kinds of task info in one space
  • User experience with task views in list or kanban format
  • Some users might find the user interface a bit dull and un inspired
  • We found the way to use multiple workspaces a bit confusing
  • It takes quite a bit of planning to build a well organized workspace in order not to have way too many projects and tasks all over the place
I believe for a new user it would be great to start with one, relatively small, project with a maximum of 3 collaborators. This would allow a quick tutorial or two to get them going and get good value from the platform. If the individuals liked the experience, then Asana would really be useful in taking on a larger project or even a few projects in parallel.