Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Task Management (154)
Team Collaboration (153)
Document Management (129)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Asana, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- $10 per user per monthOptional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $50 per month
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives. The vendor states that with Asana, teams are more confident, move faster, and accomplish more with less, no matter where they are located. Asana boasts more than 75,000 paying organizations and millions of free organizations across 195 countries as users, who manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. Teams do great things when everyone has clarity and is empowered to do their part. Asana aims to give teams the confidence to plan, organize, and execute their most ambitious work from anywhere.
- Supported: Task Management
- Supported: Resource Management
- Supported: Gantt Charts
- Supported: Scheduling
- Supported: Workflow Automation
- Supported: Team Collaboration
- Supported: Document Management
- Supported: Email integration
- Supported: Mobile Access
- Supported: Budget and Expense Management
- Supported: Integration with accounting software
- Supported: Work Management
- Supported: OKRs
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese, German|
- Task management - It helps us keep track of all of the tasks that we're working on, prioritizing them, and making sure that they get completed.
- Team collaboration - It makes it easy to work with other teams/departments and collaborate together.
- I would love the ability to comment on files in the app. If someone uploads a pdf or a doc that needs review, then I have to download it, comment on it, and then reupload it. I would love it if it had a way to make comments on the document itself.
- I wish that I could see all of the tasks that I'm a follower of. If you're not the one that the task is assigned to, then it doesn't show up in your feed. Having some sort of report of tasks that you're a follower on would be really helpful.
- Flexible organization of project parts - you can easily set up project boards on your own or use pre-built templates to start laying out your project details.
- Small features - drag and drop functionality makes it super easy to route outside requests, tagging your team members and setting priorities, and the ability to integrate with Outlook are really helpful extra touches.
- Calendar feature - what good would a project management software be without an excellent calendar feature? Luckily, Asana lets you track goals and progress while keeping an eye on your teammates calendars/workloads.
- I think there could be improved clarity around the different levels of Asana. For example, the resources available to paid accounts are not visible from the more basic accounts, so you're not aware that there are expanded options until you look in their knowledge base and see that they have additional features.
- Exporting projects - you can export a project into a csv, but it isn't pretty. This can be challenging if you'd like to have an archived project folder for open records requests.
- Organize my material in one place so I don't need to dig for it.
- Ability to add to each project easily and check it off as done just as easy.
- Pleasing design
- When I am a user with clients I need to open a new window for client.
- When using the app it always tries to open in browser when clicking anything.
- I love that it puts communication all in one place!
- It helps us to be accountable for our work and see who is responsible for what!
- We love the ability to customize the platform to our needs.
- Currently we are a small organization and haven't run into too many issues.
- Great design
- multi usage options
- reminds you of tasks in a nice way
- more "back" button options
- another way but tagging to lent know the person that sent the form we answered in the comments, via email for instance
- Project Management.
- The UX could be more intuitive.
- More nuanced time tracking and subproject reporting.
- Detailed reporting.
- The best tools of Asana are found once we start a project, since the calendar that is integrated into our mail is super easy to use and we use it as a small agenda.
- The management of projects is incredible, the monitoring provided is one of the best in its category, since it facilitates group work.
- The creation and assignment of tasks, notifications and that each person can enter to work no matter where it is since it has a good mobile and web interface.
- There are not many disadvantages in Asana since its great team has been in charge of improving it constantly, in previous versions it could only be used in English, but now we have several languages to choose from.
- A point against Asana is that at first it was quite difficult for everyone to adapt to it, it was a long learning process.
- Stay on track with tasks
- Easy to follow
- Show when a rock goal has not been met and how long it’s been open.
- Allow individuals other than admin to close rock.
- Add more cool graphics like the unicorn.
- Task management
- Progress updates
- When you have a lot of projects going, it can be hard to navigate all of them
- Task grooming
- Sharing of project/product evolution across company
- reminders of incoming tasks
- On the board view, organizing more than one dimension for example having tasks of front and back in the same board while trying to keep track of the progress of each one in the same space
- Super easy to assign task list items to members of my team.
- Task finished checkmark is a way visual representation of what is done and off your plate.
- Multiple ways to sort the tasks, by date or by priority.
- Integration: Our company uses Sharepoint, and I wish there was an easy integration for that.
- Customize notification. I wish there was a more detailed way to customize notification for certain projects or tasks.
- Calendar Syncing is really hard to do, especially with team members using a different system.
- Project task list
- Assign a date on a task
- Easy to use
- Support team - need to improvement
- A list of standard tasks would be helpful
- It can be a little overwhelming.
Need improvement on mobile app. Not easy to run on there.
- Keeping tracking of tasks for projects
- Keeping track of tasks for yourself and other employees
- Communicating about tasks, due dates, etc
- Recurring tasks are a bit weird in how they are re-generated each time you complete the previous one.
- It was a huge pain to switch email addresses/accounts when we changed our email domain.
- Simple and clear task management solution
- good technical support
- Increasing pricing
- Lack of flexibility
- Actually, very similar functionality to other software which provides better value for money
- Keeping tabs
- After the deadline is past, the person responsible stops receiving reminders
- Some features are not available on the free version
- You can only mark 1 person responsible for a task (otherwise you can only assign subtasks).
- Organizing information
- Facilitating communication across teams
- Lots of "gotchas" in their pricing and contracts
- Poor onboarding
- General lack of concern about their customers
- The main drag & drop feature allows us to upload documents, photos, and web links directly into the task.
- Asana provides the ability to collaborate with colleagues on tasks, which helps us keep track of progress and improve productivity.
- We can easily generate reports and share them across the platform.
- It is quite difficult to manage complex projects.
- Integration of other tools with Asana is not that great. Payment is required for those additional integrations.
- There should be user control to delete the people from teams and projects in a much easier way.
- Task management
- Project management
- Task and project analysis
- UI can be improved specially on mobiles.
- Finding conversation specific to any task takes time many times.
Conversations are not that great here.
- Organizes all of mine and my team's tasks into easy-to-view projects
- It functions as my master to-do list every day (if it's not in Asana, it probably didn't happen!)
- Clearly outlines which team members are responsible for each piece of the project at any point in time
- Upgrade software to automatically assign newly created tasks today with today's due date to no longer show up in "recently add" (My Tasks) and instead just populate under the 'Today' accordion
- Allow more customization on the My Tasks view
- Create a "First 15" or "Last 30" header that allows you to group all tasks that take less than 2 minutes into this section for completion at the beginning (first 15) or end (last 30) part of the work day
- Sub-tasking under a primary task (having individual assignments/commentary etc. on subtasks).
- Summation of individual tasks across multiple projects.
- Setting recurring tasks/templates.
- Ability to milestone/use dependencies.
- Some integrations with Microsoft Outlook struggle.
- Offline access on mobile and desktop.
- Assigning difficulty and required effort for resource planning.
Asana shines in team collaboration when trying to organize tasks and streamline communication among multiple users.
We mainly use Asana for: tasks allocation, tasks reminder, "online agenda" for online crew meetings.
Asana is used both for technical and business related tasks and projects.
Asana is easy to use and does not require any software installation, so it is used widely in our organization for different types of tasks.
- Easy to use by any user (good UX and no installation needed)
- Easy to create a simple project, add tasks and sub tasks.
- Different display options, according to the project/tasks type
- Works great using a web browser, you don't have to install the application
- Asana is not really a project management tool, it is good for simple projects only
- UI has some glitches (doesn't save preferences, etc.)
- Integration with other tools (Office 365, MS Project)
- No reminders if the working period you entered is on holidays
- Time management
- Clarity on tasks
- Dependent tasks
We wanted it to sync with our codebase, Salesforce, email, and a backend database but it was like pulling teeth to get something to work, and then there were always these little gotchas that I just pulled the plug.
It seemed intuitive but it took forever to explain, it looks nice but just would not integrate with our systems. People complained about how hard it was to understand and there wasn't a simple "let's do it this way" best practice that was obvious like Salesforce. I had to reverse engineer "do anything" to find something that worked and just gave up.
- it looks nice
- was some what simple to start
- too open ended
- provide more, do it this way and its fast
- why do I have to pay for all these calls and integrations.
- Creating projects.
- Assigning tasks to various persona.
- Tracking all projects.
- Asana has great features that are efficient may be as time goes by they improve Kanban board and Gantt although it is still great.
- I think Asana should allow for working without Internet.
- Asana should also provide more analytical tools.
Asana also provides daily reports about work also helps to gauge progress. It also provides excellent user friendly facility to manage tasks.
|We use Asana to manage a few aspects within our small business. The tool works great for having virtual meetings where a task can be used to capture the meeting minutes and sub-tasks can be used to allocate the action plan items to the specific meeting delegates. We also use Asana for high-level strategy and goal setting as well as day-to-day task allocation and tracking.|
- Task allocation and Tracking
- Virtual Meeting management covering the agenda, feedback and next action steps
- Task collaboration with a wide range of features to keep all kinds of task info in one space
- User experience with task views in list or kanban format
- Some users might find the user interface a bit dull and un inspired
- We found the way to use multiple workspaces a bit confusing
- It takes quite a bit of planning to build a well organized workspace in order not to have way too many projects and tasks all over the place