Backblaze

Backblaze Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Backblaze's "set it and forget it' interface is ideal for home users. In addition, the $50/year pricing is very competitive. Most business should find Backblaze as a very good backup solution, but in cases where a backup archive needs to be kept indefinitely, alternative solutions should be looked at (specifically CrashPlan - though it is significantly more expensive at $10/month).
Justin Esgar | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's great for anyone, including enterprise. This will be great for backing up your own computer, as well as your entire companies computers. Web management makes it easy to manage computers, as well as restoring data remotely. You can even set what types of files are backed up, to ensure any non-critical files are not backed up.
Mochammad Zachri | TrustRadius Reviewer
In My Opinion, Backblaze is good to be used as secondary storage server . Our team has the same opinion, we can use another storage server as primary storage server. We could backup to Backblaze storage server, and use it for Internal Usage to our storage sharing in our company and integrate it with team collaboration apps (rocket chat)
Samantha Crawford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze is great for drives that are always connected. If you have to unplug the external hard drive to use a USB, the drive name may change and stop backing up the external drive after plugging it back in. I bought a USB hub so I could keep my drives plugged in.
If you have small files infrequently backed up, it's a good tool. A lot of large files require an expensive appliance to lift the data to the cloud or too much time to upload. The ability to upload multiple large files using any integration with a GUI (like Cyberduck) exists but fails.
Matt Hoffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I would consider Backblaze as a second or a third tier backup solution. Not in terms of quality, but I'd recommend having at least one more backup saved somewhere else. And with the cost as low as theirs, Backblaze is the perfect solution. It also provides very friendly recovery options on both the personal and business side.
[Backblaze] is great for off-site managed backups that are file level. Where it doesn't work is if you want a full image backup or backing up servers gets in the "not-ideal" direction.

Backblaze has a great use case and as long as you stick in the file-level backup, all is great!
Ellwood Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
Essentially Backblaze is a secure off-site data backup and restoration software. It does that job, and it does that job well. That's the scenario it was designed to be used in, and it does it exceptionally well. I find that it is likely best suited for medium to large businesses that have several users for a networked computer system with multiple computers on a server. If you are a small business like myself where it's me myself and I, it's a little cumbersome to recover data and is perhaps less appropriate. What greatly attracted me to it was its price, which, for me, was $99 for an entire year. With that, I can put up with a little bit of cumbersome.
December 13, 2019

Backblaze is great!

Backblaze B2 is perfectly suited for backups for smaller clients. It's a great product and very cost-effective when paired with another endpoint solution, but with it comes more management and more risk. The burden of testing and support is on the user and not on the cloud provider, unlike a more expensive cloud backup location.
November 12, 2019

Set it and forget it

For "set it and forget it" cloud/offsite backup, it's very nice. I run a home server with an attached RAID array for all my files, and it is backed up automatically to Backblaze. This gives me peace-of-mind and after the initial upload was done, I don't even notice it. For consumer NAS devices, they offer plugins to back up to their object storage solution (B2), which is more expensive than the personal device plan but necessary for those devices.
Chris Gabriel | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm not familiar with deploying the application to a large user base but for a single computer, signup and setup is supremely easy. The price point makes Backblaze an easy choice for the additional comfort. Love to know I can have a fresh drive sent to me if I've ever had a local failure.
Chris Tuley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze's entry level plan is perfect for solo entrepreneurs and individuals who need a no-nonsense, cloud based backup, that is reliable and safe. Backblaze has expanded offerings for more families, computers, and larger businesses. I have no doubt it would be incredible for larger businesses, but I cannot personally attest to it.
October 02, 2019

Decent value for backup

Calin Popescu | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze is perfectly suited for small businesses primarily concerned with maintaining files. The overall system seems to work well and the fact files can be retrieved prior to an issue is a really great tool. At this time Backblaze has not been tested thoroughly (a ransomware attack for example - this is where versioning would be great to be made more clear), the overall backup system seems to be good. Deleted files were found as historical records are kept from the beginning of time which can be very good for organizations looking to backup files primarily.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've had another service I used as a backup (I won't name names, but it rhymes with FlopFox) lose files that for some reason weren't recoverable. In one case, it was every photo from the last decade. Multiple times, Backblaze had the files, and I had them back within an hour. Their customer service is fast at responding, and I've never lost data with them.
August 14, 2019

Highest Margin Ever!

Daniel Cauley | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is suited best when you have lots of endpoints that don't contain sensitive client data or financial data that need server-side encryption and encryption during the transport of the data. The software is not HIPAA compliant. It really shines when the client has many hundreds of gigabytes of data to backup.
March 14, 2017

Backblaze for the win

Stephen Yoder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze is great for pretty much any type of user. It's powerful enough to handle large amounts of files, but light enough to run on less powerful systems. Backblaze may become difficult to manage in a large organization with many users. The unlimited backup makes the service highly useful and flexible.
Gary Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you're on a laptop and on the road, Backblaze is a vital backup option - as it backs up to the cloud when you're away from your TimeMachine or other backup setup back at home/office. Also, since it's always active it backs up constantly - so this morning's work is backed up before I get to the office and plug my Mac in to my external backup drive for the local backup.

Also, if you're one of those, "I keep meaning to backup, I'll do it one of these days" and then never get around to doing it - just does this once and you're good to go,
Backblaze does one thing and does one thing well: backup. If you recognize it for what it is, you will be very happy with it as an unobtrusive off-site backup solution. If, however, you want full-featured endpoint protection, you'll want to look elsewhere. For me and my needs, Backblaze provides the right amount of protection at a cheap price. You can't beat it.

Backblaze Scorecard Summary

What is Backblaze?

Backblaze headquartered in San Mateo, California offers continuous, automatic cloud backup for personal and business use.

Backblaze Competitors