Backblaze

Backblaze Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

• Online backups provide greater peace of mind more than anything else. While local backups are adequate, an offsite backup is an absolute necessity for mission-critical files. It is difficult to put a price on this, but Backblaze's $50/year/computer is certainly a good one.
  • From a purely monetary standpoint, having a rotating offsite back up using external hard drives would be cheaper in the long run - but far more cumbersome and potentially less effective if backups are not rotated on a regular basis.
  • Because Backblaze does not allow for the backup of network shares, competitors that may be more expensive per computer may actually be less expensive in the long run. For example, CrashPlan, at $10/month/computer is $70 more expensive/year than Backblaze - but a central NAS server can be set to backup multiple computers, and the NAS server can have a network share attached to a dedicated desktop that can be backed up. In other words, CrashPlan can be utilized to backup multiple computers via a single computer - and thus can be significantly less expensive is certain scenarios.
Ellwood Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Price- Less than $100/yr for me, I am a one-person operation.
  • It saved my data. My hard drive is fully encrypted with AES-256/twofish/serpent encryption. It would take an estimated 1000 years to hack it. I had to wipe the drive because I lost the encryption password making it impossible to access client data from the previous year. Fortunately, he was backed up on the back, please, and I was able to retrieve that data.
  • So far I haven't needed to use the backup to restore any data but if I do it will be an invaluable resource for my business.
  • Their affordable pricing has saved me money compared to other solutions.
March 14, 2017

Backblaze for the win

Stephen Yoder | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The Backblaze service has provided a huge return on investment. We had a system fail, and it was very easy to have a drive with the backup data shipped to us for recovery.
  • The service has been very cost effective, allowing us to keep costs down while maintaining a good system integrity.
  • Backblaze provides assurance that your critical files are backed up securely. I'm confident knowing that my data is stored encrypted, and I needn't worry about a data breach.
  • Backblaze also provides assurance against a local disaster by backing up your data to the cloud. This protects my data against a disaster scenario and enables me to quickly recover at a new location when needed.
  • Backblaze provides their solution at an inexpensive price point that makes it trivial to justify.

Backblaze Scorecard Summary

What is Backblaze?

Backblaze headquartered in San Mateo, California offers continuous, automatic cloud backup for personal and business use.

Backblaze Competitors