March 21, 2014
Score 6 out of 10
Bigcommerce is being used solely by our E-Commerce department for online orders. It brings in online orders, tracks inventory, creates coupon codes/gift certificates, and keeps a database of our online customers. It also processes all returns/refunds.
- The interface is very user friendly and easy to navigate. It is easy to search orders, customers, products, etc.
- Uploading products or changing aspects to products is also simple and easy to navigate. The changes are instantaneously updated on my online store.
- I've called in to their support hotline once or twice and they were always friendly, helpful and efficient.
- There absolutely needs to be an "out of stock alert" function. I cannot stress this point enough. Being able to automatically send our customers an email alert when items are back in stock in our store will drive more customers to our website and ultimately provide a better shopping experience.
- I think the analytic section needs to be looked at as well. It is not 100% accurate in telling us statistics about our customers and orders.
- When printing out multiple orders, it would be great to have a summary page print out that includes all the products within those selected orders. I.e. 5 black pants size small, 4 blue tops size medium. This way our warehouse can pull items in bulk instead of by individual order. It would be more efficient for us.
Read Cynthia Lyster's full review
I think Bigcommerce is great for small to medium size businesses that are starting out with an e-commerce department. It is very user friendly! However, there are certain missing aspects that larger companies would require. The customization to the look of the online store is also limited.