Reviews (1-25 of 77)
There is some discrepancy in processing time depending on server load. This can be up to twice as long to process the same data volume.
Some "modern"connectors do not fully work and they are not just "plug and play".
There are connectors in ALPHA version for more than a year (i.e. BOX).
- In comparison to other BI tools, Birst can connect only to a limited number of data sources (the most prominent ones)
- Only standard star schema can be built within birst making it highly de-normalized.
- Live access is buggy and slow
- No many to many relationship can be established because of the star schema
- Performance of report rendering decreases as data scales
- Birst has good data refinement practices which helps to maintain standard definitions.
Birst Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Birst Networked BI is a BI product that promises to enable a single view of data and eliminate data silos. Additionally, decentralized teams and individual users can augment this shared analytic fabric with their own local data, without compromising data governance. This consistency comes from a unified semantic layer, which maintains common definitions and key metrics, no matter where users sit.
Birst achieves Networked BI through a 2-tier architecture that aligns back-end enterprise data with line-of-business or local, edge data. Birst’s Automated Data Refinement extracts data from any source (data stores, applications, warehouses, big data, and unstructured external sources) into a unified semantic layer. The result is a consistent view that enables users with self-service analytics through dashboards, reporting, visual discovery, mobile tools, and predictive analytics. Birst Open Client Interface also offers integration with Tableau, Excel and R.
Birst goes to market in two primary ways:
- Direct, for enterprises using Birst for analytics on internal data to drive improved business outcomes
- Embedded, for all size companies who offer data (analytics) products, by embedding and white-labeling Birst capabilities into their products
Birst’s product is packaged in 3 available formats:
- Platform and per-user fee
- By Department or Business Unit
- By end-customer (for embedded scenarios)
Birst Videos (3)
Birst Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, Spanish|