BI is a BI product that promises to enable a single view of data and eliminate data
silos. Additionally, decentralized teams and individual users can augment this
shared analytic fabric with their own local data, without compromising data governance.
This consistency comes from a unified semantic layer, which maintains common definitions
and key metrics, no matter where users sit.
Networked BI through a 2-tier architecture that aligns back-end enterprise data
with line-of-business or local, edge data. Birst’s Automated Data Refinement
extracts data from any source (data stores, applications, warehouses, big data,
and unstructured external sources) into a unified semantic layer. The result is
a consistent view that enables users with self-service analytics through dashboards,
reporting, visual discovery, mobile tools, and predictive analytics. Birst Open
Client Interface also offers integration with Tableau, Excel and R.
Birst goes to
market in two primary ways:
- Direct, for enterprises using Birst for analytics on internal data to drive improved business outcomes
- Embedded, for all size companies who offer data (analytics) products, by embedding and white-labeling Birst capabilities into their products
Birst’s product is packaged in 3 available formats:
- Platform and per-user fee
- By Department or Business Unit
- By end-customer (for embedded scenarios)