It provides free unlimited private repositories that any …
- Bitbucket is used across the whole organization.
- Helpful in continuous integrations.
- Helpful in incremental builds if used along with other …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Bitbucket, and make your voice heard!
Free (up to 5 users)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Integrations with Jira
- Continuous Integration
- Deployment Pipelines
- Positive ROI especially with increased communications between PM and Developers
- Positive ROI - don't need a release engineer
- Continuous Deployments/Integration
- Code Reviews
- Updates to the Product Backlog
- Customer Service can get some insight into when problems/issues are solved by tracking [the] project issue page.
- Releases can be accompanied with release notes that, if well written, can go straight to the client.
- Confluence Integrations
- Bitbucket is very simple as a code repository goes. You can't really go wrong if you choose to keep private repositories here.
- If you're ok with the basics, the pricing point is competitive compared to alternatives like VSTS which can cost more.
- Integration to other Atlassian tools is well done. JIRA integration, for instance, enables branching and code reviews right from the JIRA tickets, which can improve work efficiency. If you choose to also purchase Bamboo, automated builds and deployments hook into the repositories and provide icons to determine if the build is working or broken.
- Management of the repositories and projects is simple and easy to use.
- Getting support for an issue is relatively speedy and the staff are usually able to help you resolve issues quickly.
- The UI needs a refresh because it feels so dated and clunky.
- CI is not available in the free tier. Costs of Bamboo to get CI builds can be expensive.
- Bitbucket was inherited from an acquisition of another company - before the acquisition, it ran very well as part of the Atlassian tool suite. The entire development team was able to use Bitbucket and an agile methodology. This enabled excellent communication between development an business owners.
- For a larger team, Bitbucket - even with the Atlassian tool suite - wasn't able to compete with the Microsoft offerings with VSTS. Ultimately we'll be discontinuing the use of Bitbucket in favor of the VSTS product.
- source code management
- git workflow
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Vendor Reputation
- Third-party Reviews
- The interface is awesome, and accomplishing tasks is fantastic
- There are many tools and options within the repo setting available to you
- Manages pull reqeusts and user based access control to branches
- Hosted which means the code is out of your control on someone else's server
- Web interface can sometimes be slow
- More hooks
- We can now work faster without worrying about working over each other's code
- Peace of mind knowing that the code is securely distributed to team members
- Initially, it feels like using Bitbucket makes you slower, but it takes time to adjust to new skills
- Code Versioning
- Distributed Code
- Multiple developer environment
- Makes it easy to switch codebases for a project and maintain simultaneous branches
- Hooks into other products that let you leverage advanced and customized actions
- Cloud based code implementations for live projects that are handled directly from the repo
- Separating roles within the division to a more focused reviewer based system
- Allowing designers and developers to have freedom as far as reviewing each others work