It provides free unlimited private repositories that any …
- Bitbucket is used across the whole organization.
- Helpful in continuous integrations.
- Helpful in incremental builds if used along with other …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Bitbucket, and make your voice heard!
Free (up to 5 users)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- As an agritech company, our main offering depends on the software. Bitbucket has direct positive impact on our offering.
- Increased collaboration within our team
- Better quality deliveries due to systematic peer-reviews with pull requests
- A bit of training and adaptation is required for GIT beginner
- Earlier it was very helpful for us when we migrated to it from SVN to manage our source code at that time it saves a lot of time which was spent in managing users/groups projects and code merging.
- It has help us to have more control in our source code
- Now we don't need to take care of storage devices for code availability.
- Multiple developers can easily work in same project and repository.
- We can easily find who and when and what changes applied in any selected files.
- We don't waste time and money organizing our code base
- It's easy to collaborate with other developers on the same project, so we deliver things faster with Bitbucket
- Integration with other tools helps us keep track of what's being done
- Positive ROI especially with increased communications between PM and Developers
- Positive ROI - don't need a release engineer
- All code was centralized in Bitbucket
- Code Review frequency increased
- Branching become a common practice
- The overall return on investment is very high compared to other source code management tools.
- Having a subscription model only is making BitBucket's cost of ownership very high over the years. There should be an alternative option for the purchase of a license permanently (like proprietary software).
- Paying separately for premium support is not a good idea. Premium support should be part of the package itself.
- No local or on-call support available in Singapore and many other countries is also painful. There should be some local presence, at least in their leading market countries like Singapore.
- Overall our ROI has been positive by making our project code much simpler to manage and deploy against our multi-developer teams.
- Bitbucket has helped our team collaborate on projects allowing them to work more cohesively.
- Licensing for Bitbucket is per user, so it can be costly if not all users are using the product effectively.
- Bitbucket has improved the ability of our development teams to collaborate on projects.
- Our code is now backed up securely in the cloud, with both current and previous versions, which provides an additional layer of safety for code that is critical to our business.
- Concurrency is obtained using this tool.
- Fast deliverables can be expected.
- I can store code files privately.
- I can update and share the code files with the group members.
- For some private sensitive projects, we were able to have a fully automated CD strategy to add features on a daily basis to production with almost zero faults.
- Helped in managing code.
- Used a different tool for pipeline creation.
- Source code management is necessary.
- Code review comments are amazing.
- Simple to use, requiring less training.
- N/A. I'm not part of the team that determines whether our objectives are met. Other than for us developers, it's a good utility to use and a good place to start.
- It was great at the beginning when we wanted a cheap option for a small team which yielded a positive ROI.
- Over the years, other tools have evolved where Bitbucket has not done so as rapidly. It is now behind but we're locked in to it which has been negative ROI.
- It's not as easy to use as the competitors which makes code management and PR review more difficult than they could be which would be a negative ROI by comparison.
- Hosting private repos was free.
- Managing team members was fairly low cost.
- Integrating with other platforms and third-parties was pretty straightforward.
- The entire company's codebase is located in one place.
- Don't have to wait for someone to forward you their codes, etc.
- Great as a backup.
- None so far.
- For our organization Bitbucket has been a great tool. With the complexity of all our different code bases it gives us the customization options we need.
- Bitbucket is a central application used across the company by the bank developers. It has removed the need for multiple source code management repositories. It helped to build the uniform platform for source code management across the bank.
- Bitbucket is very easy to administer and maintain for our large userbase. It is compatible with multiple proxies. It supports most of the leading databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- Bitbucket checks in the compressed file version as the new version instead of delta of the file. It is impacting on the I/O operations. Because of this, it gets slow.
- Bitbucket is not good enough to handle the merge with lots of commits through UI, and it gets timed out in most
- cases and gives a generic error message.