Blackbaud Grantmaking Reviews

Krista Patterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 04, 2018

Blackbaud Grantmaking Review 2018

• Ability to track and measure grant outcomes and impact
We wanted an online solution so we would not have to deal with hosting, managing or upgrading software and we wanted access to tech support managing the back end of the software. We also wanted good support (which there is) and the ability to customize (which there is) as well as an established company who would be around long term so we would not lose the investment of time in implementation and training if the company folded. We also value data security and were looking for value for money (does it overall decrease admin, even taking into accocunt implementation, training and supporting applicants).
Read Krista Patterson's full review
Sheree Norton | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 26, 2018

Blackbaud Grantmaking is a comprehensive grants processing tool I would recommend to any nonprofit accountable for more than 100 grants annually.

• Blackbaud SKY technology strategy
  • Blackbaud's reach across the entire social good community
  • Ability to integrate with other Blackbaud products
Prior to using Blackbaud Grantmaking, I was a user of Raiser's Edge for nearly 20 years. Blackbaud is a leader in this industry.
Read Sheree Norton's full review
Sue Fulton | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2018

• User interface
Price is always a concern. Blackbaud Grantmaking is one of the most expensive grant management systems, but I believe it is the best. That being said, you always need to benchmark the cost to benefit for the organization. As a small grant maker, about 70 grants a year, we need to weigh the benefit.
Blackbaud has an excellent team of professionals who know the business and product well. They are easy to work with and very approachable.
Read Sue Fulton's full review
Jenn Brock | TrustRadius Reviewer

Granting

Read Jenn Brock's full review
Jamie Amagai | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2018

Using Blackbaud Grantmaking at a Family Foundation

• Features and functions
I knew what I needed our grants management system to do and Blackbaud Grantmaking met those needs. The price we negotiated was reasonable for the size of our organization and number of users. I know that MicroEdge + Blackbaud is working to move away from the Windows/Silverlight environment so it will be a truly online system with an updated look and feel.
Read Jamie Amagai's full review
Joanie Weis | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2018

Blackbaud Grantmaking

Selection Criteria

Already had Blackbaud Grantmaking Classic and we noticed that Classic wasn't being updated as frequently and we were afraid the support would end.
Read Joanie Weis's full review
July 17, 2018

Product Transforms Grant-Making Operations, improving efficiency & driving impact

• Ability to integrate with other Blackbaud products
All of the criteria factored into our decision but at the end of the day what's most critical is the system has the features and functions to support our ongoing growth. We needed a system that could support our growth and integrate with other software. Its not the cheapest product on the market but you get what you pay for.
July 23, 2018

Blackbaud Grantmaking B+

• Product reputation
We previously used the installed version of Gifts 6+ and were happy with the capabilities. The new user interface was clean and easy to understand, and the implementation process was seamless and easy. The extra features and functions gave us the customization we needed and allowed us to implement and onboard our staff quicker than previous versions.

• Ability to track and measure grant outcomes and impact
We have been using Blackbaud Grantmaking since we started our online grant application process. Others nearby were using Blackbaud Grantmaking at the time. It seemed very versatile allowing us to manage a variety of types and sizes of grants.

How Blackbaud Grantmaking Can Be a Gift to You

• Ability to track and measure grant outcomes and impact
It's more the features Blackbaud Grantmaking offers than anything else. They are necessary as our organization makes more and more grants. Also the support we get. I have never had to wait for a long time for assistance.
May 22, 2018

Tracking Philanthropy in a sundowning Foundation

• Blackbaud SKY technology strategy
  • Product reputation
With working first with Classic Gifts and then Gifts Alta - leveraging the Sky was our next step in keeping our grant making as current, up to date and flexible as possible. Given that I work remotely from the parent philanthropic office, it is most helpful that I am supported actively by the members of the Blackbaud team.
February 13, 2018

Blackbaud Grantmaking User Review

• Product reputation
The foundation already had GIFTS classic. We moved to Blackbaud Grantmaking for accessibility reasons and volume of contracts that needed to be maintained. I was not part of the decision making. If I was a part of the decision making, I would have used the criteria I checked off to make my decision. Being user friendly would be my huge selling point. I do think Classic took longer to learn, and I was happy when we moved over to the online version of Blackbaud Grantmaking because I was able to figure out a lot of things on my own.
February 12, 2018

Faithful user since 2007

• Blackbaud's reach across the entire social good community
I cannot speak to my foundation's original decision to use BG as the system was live when I arrived. I did, however, use Blackbaud Grantmaking at two previous foundations and my current employer's use of Blackbaud Grantmaking was certainly a plus when going through the interview process.
February 06, 2018

My Feedback

• Features and functions
Actually, the main reason we went with Blackbaud Grantmaking was due to my familiarity with the product. At the time, we were a staff of two and didn't have time to learn and implement a new system/vendor.

Blackbaud Grantmaking is Great

• Ability to track and measure grant outcomes and impact
Because this software is extremely crucial in our giving and it affords us the ability to track our clients use of the money we give them. Again, we are private, so there's not much I can expand on.

• Ability to track and measure grant outcomes and impact

Measuring outcomes is essential today across the philanthropy community and holds nonprofits that we invest in accountable for sharing results.

User interface is user-friendly and organized well.

January 30, 2018

Love BG but don't like the lack of support from Blackbaud.

• References from peers
At the time of purchase, Microedge was independent and not part of Blackbaud. I think this question is a perfect example of how Blackbaud has lessened support. You are asking about a Microedge product but the question refers to Blackbaud.

About Blackbaud Grantmaking

Blackbaud Grantmaking (formally GIFTS Online) is part of Blackbaud’s extensive portfolio of innovative software, services, data intelligence and expertise that powers social good. Blackbaud Grantmaking delivers grantmaking capabilities configured to meet your needs, and improves your efficiency with personalized online grant applications and report forms, personalized user dashboards, and simplified financial processing tools. By providing access to giving data, including standard, advanced, and ad hoc reporting tools, Blackbaud Grantmaking also allows you to measure, understand, and improve your results. In addition, Blackbaud Grantmaking allows funders to become actively involved in the Foundation Center’s Glasspockets initiative with Grant reporting capabilities, allowing for greater collaboration and more impactful giving. If your organization’s goal is to provide guidance, transparency, and accountability throughout the grantmaking cycle, then Blackbaud Grantmaking is the only solution to meet your needs.

Blackbaud Grantmaking Features

Has featureConfigurable to meet your workflow
Has featureDashboards featuring real-time data
Has featureIntegrated tools for finance, payments and reporting
Has featureOutcomes measurement capabilities
Has featureOpen API to connect with your other essential software solutions

Blackbaud Grantmaking Screenshots

Blackbaud Grantmaking Integrations

Microsoft Office 2016, Quickbooks, Great Plains

Blackbaud Grantmaking Competitors

CyberGrants, Fluxx, Foundant, FoundationConnect, SmartSimple, Versaic

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Required

GIFTS Online pricing is based on factors such as number of user licenses and additional features. Pricing is available upon request, please visit https://www.blackbaud.com/grant-making/products/gifts-online.

Blackbaud Grantmaking Support Options

Paid Version

Blackbaud Grantmaking Technical Details

Mobile Application:Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported Countries:All countries
Supported Languages: English (US), English (British), Welsh, Spanish, French, Portuguese