Reviews (1-1 of 1)
September 30, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
We use Hippo for the relaunch of 50 national websites in all countries where Weleda is present. We use one single server (cloud) and open channels for every country. E-commerce features are provided through APIs by Konakart. Product information is stored and maintened in Hippo. Scalability and mutli-level architecture was a key requirement. On a marketing perspective, targeting is a key factor in the choice of Hippo CMS.
- High scalability and reuse of standard information architecture, templates and features in all countries: Every country will have his own channel, usually multi-language oriented. Product information will be very happy and reuse of content mandatory. The system therefore has to be very robust and scalable.
- Good usability for back-end users: As more than hundred users will use the system on a daily basis, training had to be as minimal as possible. The backend has to be self-explanatory by itself. Hippo goes this way. If you can use a tree structure and a basic RTEditor, you are ready to use Hippo.
- State of the art targeting tool: In order to address segmentation of users and to go beyond a simple layout relaunch, our Marketing Department needed a tool which can make use of Personas and build up complex dynamic criterias. Real time analysis of the users behaviors will provide insights and allow the company to build up effective CRM strategies.
- Hippo lacks some functionality in the backend to help writers, admins to collaborate. Some internal ticketing system for example would be ideal.
Read Laurent Vonach's full review
The system is ideal if you want to reuse content easily. The "document type" logic, which is not page oriented, but content oriented is a clever and efficient way to build up "content bricks". This guarantees an ideal way to use the same content in different templates or even channels. It can also help to feed some mobile-apps as it is planned in our future online strategy.
Bloomreach Experience Manager (formerly Hippo) Scorecard Summary
About Bloomreach Experience Manager (formerly Hippo)
Hippo presents training modules and courses to help with use and implementation. While the core software is free and open source, pricing will depend entirely on implementation scale and what modules are desired.
Categories: Digital Asset Management, Digital Experience, Enterprise Content Management, Content Management
Bloomreach Experience Manager (formerly Hippo) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Bloomreach Experience Manager (formerly Hippo) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bloomreach Experience Manager (formerly Hippo) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|