BlueJeans is a web conferencing and unified communications software with multi-vendor, multi-device interoperability with both mobile and browser integration for businesses of any size.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/3D/pB/JIJ514N302NX.PNGBlueJeans is a top tier solution.We have deployed BlueJeans across the company and all departments and meeting rooms. We use it for all meetings including very large monthly company-wide meetings. We have managed to cut travel budgets and enhance existing meetings through the use of video technology. The end user experience is the best I have seen from a meeting and conference platform.,Integrates well into the business environment, it is fully integrated into Office 365 which has helped reduce admin overhead for our teams. The audio quality with the introduction of the Dolby Audio is fantastic. Using the system is very simple and straightforward which really helped with the adoption process and minimises ongoing end user support.,When using video this does put strain on older equipment. It causes large CPU spikes on laptops which can cause some inconvenience. A lighter weight protocol or application optimisation would be an advantage. Enhancing the features for whiteboarding would be great. An easy way for users to pin their local dial-in numbers so when needed meetings can be joined quickly without scrolling through the long list of numbers.,9,Reduced the amount of business travel to locaised meetings. This has grown as the adoption and expectation that people use video within the calls. Reduction in overall cost as multiple legacy solutions have been removed and now any member of staff can host or attend a meeting without the consideration for capacity. Enhanced company-wide meetings, the ability for our sales folk to connect from a mobile and see our CEO in monthly meetings is fantastic.,Webex Meetings,10,We have Bluejeans fully integrated with our meeting rooms for one-click join when you enter the room, this works with standard room bookings so very straightforward for users to use. It is also fully integrated into outlook and the users' calendars through the office 365 plug-in which has removed the requirement to manage and update an outlook plug-in.BlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing OptionBlueJeans is used for more high profile meetings in our more technologically advanced conference rooms. It is also available to the entire organization as an option for specific needs. The main need is if presenters would like to share videos. The teams the currently uses BlueJeans the most are our Pristine Seas team and the Education team. For both, it provides that video sharing functionality that other services do not currently have.,Customer service is great! A company may have a great product but if customer service is terrible, that company may lost customers. On the other hand, a company may have an ok product but the customer service is so exceptional, that it might not even matter what the product is. With BlueJeans, both the product and customer service are top quality! Our major selling point is that BlueJeans provides a way to seamlessly share videos remotely. No other platform we have tried has a way of doing this as well as BlueJeans. BlueJeans is also very flexible on the amount of people that may join a call. Customer service may provide options for even higher counts (150+) if needed. The BlueJeans analytics for each meeting are an important part for any company looking to have a transparent eco friendly approach. We often share how many miles, gas, etc. funds have been saved because the meeting was virtual instead of in person.,Video sharing could be made better by allowing people to simply go through their presentation (Keynot/PowerPoint, etc.) without having to upload the video ahead of time (I believe BlueJeans is working on this). Providing an option to choose what join information to share with remote participants would also be great. Currently, every option is sent (joining from phone, mobile, and a videoconference unit). Most of the time, we are sending to participants who do not and will not be using a videoconference unit. I usually just delete that information from the message, but it would be easier (and one less step) if that could be an option.,10,Money saved on travel expenses for remote participants. (Food, transportation, hotels, etc.) Time savings on important matters; instead of waiting a day or 2 to coordinate travel to get a remote participant in town to discuss, we can set up a BlueJeans meeting within minutes. Better remote experience for our teams that have a large catalog of video content that must be share with remote participants.,Google Hangouts, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Zoom, WebEx Event Center and GoToMeeting,8,BlueJeans may be integrated with calendars. However, since BlueJeans is not our main platform, we do not use that feature. We do not use many of the BlueJeans integration features because of the other platforms we mainly use.,The command center is well equipped for our needs to monitor usage, administer rights to users, view and print up meeting analytics, etc. It also helps us in troubleshooting issues that are reported in meetings.,5,5,Using it so share videos International phone dialing options Recording meetings,As a way to document meetings (recording) without necessarily having someone on the other end As a way to interface with non BlueJeans videoconference products,As better features are added, BlueJeans becomes more valuable Hoping to take advantage of some new features in the works,5,Google Hangouts, WebEx Event Center, GoToMeeting, Zoom,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,I'm not sure if it would change too much or at all.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,User testing User adoption,8,Online training Self-taught,8,Yes. There may be a slight learning curve for those with admin rights...,8,Perhaps provide a way to have global settings for different groups. For example, an admin team may want to have remote participants muted on entry, but other meetings may not want that option. Although this setting may be set on a per meeting (or recurring meeting) basis, maybe it could also be tied to a group or team...,No - there is no facility to customize the interface,No - the product does not support adding custom code,No configuration has been made,7,Yes,Yes...We have been dealing with an issue for most of the year where audio would drop out for one of our remote participants from only one of our conference rooms. We tried everything, including switching out systems, rewiring the rooms, upgrading firmware, etc. The BlueJeans team sat in on a couple of calls and provided more details regarding what could possibly be happening. Some of these calls lasted 4 hours! They did not have to do that, but they did. Although the issue was not resolved (we think it's just a bad room, although it is one of our more technically advanced rooms), we appreciate the support team going above and beyond....,Chat Screensharing Mic control options,Video sharing Polling/Q&A,Yes,8,10,9,Google Calendar,Google Hangouts,Single Signon,9,Ensure you have the right components necessary for a successful integration.,8,8,N/A,Keep the lines of communication open!,No,Pending upgrade: video sharing process improved!,Video sharing is supposed to be seamless (no more pre uploads!) Better audio quality New interfaces with better navigation,No,NoOur team likes BlueJeansWe are a 100% online business with employees scattered all over the country (and some team members abroad), working from their homes. BlueJeans is what we use for all of our group meetings, as well as some one-on-one sessions. Aside from simply having a way to meet together with our geographic separation, we extensively use the screen sharing feature to talk about the systems we are working with. Most people choose not to turn their video cameras on. I also sometimes use this to help customers with technical issues they are having; if it's something where I can't figure out why it's working for me but not them, I use BlueJeans to have them share their screen so I can figure out what's happening on their computer specifically.,The sound is always clear -- a number of employees have commented on that. We used to use GoToMeeting, and when we got BlueJeans, that was the most frequent comment about why they liked BlueJeans better. I've used GoToMeeting with our company and attended WebEx and Zoom with other companies, and while there are generally no complaints about the sound at the others, something about BlueJeans sound seems exceptionally clear. It's cheap. I'm not sure about the current price comparison, but when we switched from GoToMeeting to BlueJeans, BlueJeans was about one-third of the price of GoToMeeting. It's easy to use. I've had much fewer issues with people joining, being able to mute them, and things of that nature than I had with GoToMeeting. Screen sharing is easier also. There's also a permanent personal meeting number that I can use anytime for an instant, unplanned meeting. Customer support has been excellent. They're generally easy to get in contact with and are knowledgeable and helpful.,One thing that I liked better about GoToMeeting was the separation of the chat box from the main screen. It's important to be able to see the chat box while I'm presenting, but the way it's set up on BlueJeans, it's combined with the main screen and so it's quite inconvenient. Another problem with this is that if I'm sharing my screen for presenting, when I look at the chats-- which would even include private chats-- they show up for everyone to see. This is a major flaw. The chat box should be separate. I have recurring meetings, with meeting numbers, which I would like to send out reminders of to team members. In version 1 of BlueJeans, I could copy and paste those. In the current version (2), I cannot; I have to memorize and type them in manually to my reminder messages. For my permanent person meeting number, I can copy it easily. However, this is not possible with other meeting IDs. Why would they make the meeting numbers not possible to copy? Similarly, in version 1, after the meeting, I could copy the chat box, which I kept with the meeting's presentation and meeting minutes for recordkeeping. The chats could also remind me who said what in the meeting for the purpose of writing my meeting minutes. With version 2, chat is no longer copiable, so I have to use multiple screenshots to get all the chats -- what a pain. Scheduling meetings is not convenient. It forces me to a web page to do so.,9,The biggest return on investment is that it only costs one-third of what we were paying with Citrix GoToMeeting. We've always used online meetings, so there isn't really any other change in ROI from what we used previously.,GoToMeeting, Zoom and Webex Meetings,9,I would like to be able to schedule meetings directly in BlueJeans, but it seems to only work with Google and Outlook, and I don't use either of those tools (I use Mac Calendar). So, when I want to schedule a meeting, it takes me to a web page -- I don't like that. Beyond that, I haven't investigated how it integrates with anything else.,We don't have this feature at our organization.,No,9,Yes,During the time we couldn't get version 2 to work, I was glad when someone finally offered to allow us to downgrade back to version 1 again.Blue jeans is easy!We use BlueJeans to communicate smoothly with our outside sales team. Corporate sends out an invitation to the guys in our territory so they can remote in. This saves our company money and time. No gas, no hotels... no nights away from their families.,Ease of use, no exhaustive directions needed. Sign on and follow the prompts Never a struggle. Send out the room link, and they are on Affordable Communication of updates helps keep us informed,We would love to have multiple rooms accessed Since we are a small company only using internally, the bigger packages don’t make sense for us, but would be interested in a middle ground You guys really do a great job,9,Less travel Less hotels More time with family due to less travel, is priceless,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and Cisco Webex Room Series (formerly Cisco Spark Room Series),9,I’m inside the office, but the technology challenged sales guys in our territory can use the app seemlesslyBlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!We use BlueJeans on almost a daily basis, across our whole LA office staff. From our producers, to our creative teams, to admin/business manager, to our VPs, BlueJeans has played a crucial role in opening up a new level of communication, not only between our other office locations (NY, London, Tokyo), but between our current and potential new clients. BlueJeans is one of those things where you can't imagine how you possibly operated without it. Prior to implementing BlueJeans at our company, we were a huddled mass of people, crammed around someones laptop, doing a FaceTime or any other of the low-rent video conferencing solutions out there. When you have BlueJeans in your office, not only is the quality amazing, the ease of use with setting up meetings to using it in the conference room [is as well] - my mom could do it. We use the Dolby Base Station in conjunction with the BlueJeans conference system camera combo and it works like a charm. Tap in a meeting ID into the Dolby unit, enter a password and presto-chango, you're in a meeting. I swear, it's that simple.,Easy to use. Amazing video conference call quality, with little to no audio delay. Amazing value for the price you pay. Super friendly support staff. Great and easy to use web portal.,Very rarely, but sometimes when starting up a video conference with the Dolby base station, you enter the info, the system starts up but then it sits there and loads and then just quits out. You have to re-enter a second time and then it works. Because I also use my iPhone as a hotspot with T-Mobile and have that left on by default, when using the BlueJeans mobile app via an iPad, it defaults to using my hotspot over our company's wifi. Before figuring it out, I was getting a not so great strength of signal, with the app telling me it was switching to low-bandwidth. I finally figured it out, but would be nice for the app to go with the stronger signal overall, not necessarily the signal that is "closest" to the iPad.,10,Money saved on travel to our other office locations around the world. Allowed us to pitch ideas and concepts to clients, which has resulted in us getting the job. Has cut down on email chains and opened up new levels of communication, only thought previously to be done in person.,Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark) and Lifesize Video Conferencing,10,When you schedule a BlueJeans meeting, in the email invite, a calendar invite is auto-generated. You click on it and it is added to your calendar. All the details for the meeting is in the calendar invite, along with the email. We haven't really used the messaging apps for it, so can't really comment on that. Like mentioned earlier, the ability to have a client or colleague just click on a button in an email and have it open up the meeting, has saved so much time for us compared to pre-BlueJeans.
BlueJeans

BlueJeans Reviews

BlueJeans
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 240 of 445 BlueJeans ratings and reviews.

Kenny Thornton profile photo
April 18, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans is a top tier solution."

Alternatives Considered

Webex is not as user friendly for end users, the client experience is unhelpful with a high number of end user support tickets. The capacity and licensing was also difficult to manage. The features and options for company wide meetings and the consolidation of all meeting rooms to one solution was also not possible when we reviewed them.
Read Kenny Thornton's full review
Marcus Manderson profile photo
April 13, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing Option"

Alternatives Considered

We've used a number of different platforms over the years. BlueJeans is probably among the top, if not for anything more than the video sharing component.
Read Marcus Manderson's full review
J Lee Harshbarger profile photo
February 15, 2019

User Review: "Our team likes BlueJeans"

Alternatives Considered

I have only used GoToMeeting and BlueJeans from the presenter/organizer side of things, but I have used Zoom and WebEx as an attendee at the meetings of other companies. Of the four, WebEx is by far my least favorite. It's unintuitive, clunky, and troublesome to download for the meeting. I strongly dislike WebEx. As for GoToMeeting vs. Zoom, it's about six of one, half a dozen of the other. Overall I prefer Zoom, but one thing I don't like about it is that when someone shares their screen for presenting, Zoom automatically takes up my entire screen. It took me awhile to figure out that I could back out of this. I've never had this issue with the others. As for BlueJeans vs. GoToMeeting, I've already listed a number of comparisons of why I like BlueJeans better. One thing I would add was that once LogMeIn acquired GoToMeeting, that was even more incentive to ditch GoToMeeting because I've had multiple bad experiences with LogMeIn Rescue, where it refuses to delete from my machine and keeps opening up every time I start my computer. They may have resolved that by now, but first impressions linger.
Read J Lee Harshbarger's full review
Matthew Poletto profile photo
February 11, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!"

Alternatives Considered

BlueJeans is just as good, if not better in my opinion. For the price you pay to enter into this level of quality, you save loads compared to the competition. While the mantra of you get what you pay for might apply in a lot of situations, this isn' the case with BlueJeans. How they're able to compete at the same level if not above, at the price they charge, it's amazing to say the least.
Read Matthew Poletto's full review
Kymber Williams profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is Superior - Increased Productivity and Relationships"

Alternatives Considered

I have used Zoom. The majority of the people in my company use it. I continue to stick with BlueJeans because of the ease of use. I do like that Zoom allows any user to have a free account they can use - each call has a 30-minute time limit - but this opens it up for those not financially in a place to spend more to use it. I have had some people complain that BlueJeans video cuts their head off - that on Zoom they look normal but something about BlueJeans causes them to look too close to the camera and they have to move far away.
Read Kymber Williams's full review
Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez profile photo
January 17, 2019

Review: "Bluejeans: excellent option for web conferences."

Alternatives Considered

We needed a platform to help us connect with our remote offices by H.323 connection, and the other solutions only offered video connections by webcams, but our infrastructure is based on polycom. We needed to integrate with a solution to include offices where we don't have an infrastructure, so we decided that BlueJeans was the better option for us.
Read Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez's full review
Dara Naphan profile photo
December 12, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "Blue Jeans makes life convenient; it has room for improvement but they seem eager to work on that"

Alternatives Considered

Honestly, I haven't used these platforms very much at all. Google Hangouts was awful, terrible quality audio and video. Zoom was fine- we used the free version but it cut off after 40 minutes and had to keep sending each other a link. So I'm not really sure. Skype-- Eh. I can never remember my password and I think I have like three Skype accounts and usernames. It's been a while since I've used them.
Read Dara Naphan's full review
H. Kipsang Choge profile photo
December 11, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "The Ultimate Cloud-based Video Conferencing Solution"

Alternatives Considered

We evaluated StarLeaf and GoToMeeting prior to selecting BlueJeans, but the former required some hardware investment while the pricing structure of the latter was rather opaque and not easy to understand. BlueJeans usability without any hardware investment and very easy to understand interface, combined with a straightforward pricing structure were some of the factors that influenced our selection, together with very strong recommendations from our early-adopting affiliates in the US who had such a good experience with BlueJeans.

Read H. Kipsang Choge's full review
Jorge Luis Cabrera Chirre profile photo
February 22, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "The best blue jeans I've ever tried"

Alternatives Considered

Well, when we searched the program to use, of course we wanted a good relation between price and service. BlueJeans offer a good price and gives us the minimum requirements that we were searching for.
Read Jorge Luis Cabrera Chirre's full review
Seevers James profile photo
February 21, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Video Conferencing -- Improving on Virtual Face-to-face meetings in the physical world"

Alternatives Considered

We measured all of the listed offerings against a checklist of requirements. While BlueJeans did not perform better in all of the areas, it did perform better in a majority of the items. The cost for BlueJeans is higher than some of the other solutions, and this does force us to constantly evaluate the market for a solution which may be able to compare or exceed BlueJeans and yet have a lower total cost.
Read Seevers James's full review
William Davison profile photo
February 20, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Good value for a conferencing and screen sharing software"

Alternatives Considered

GoToMeeting - Expensive and poor call initiation.
Cisco WebEx - Expensive and poor call initiation.
Skype - Its screen sharing and call quality are good and quick if the user is an existing Skype user. However, it isn't useful for ad-hoc meetings with users who are not on Skype.
Read William Davison's full review
Jason Connor profile photo
January 25, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "An easy to use tool that's flexible enough to support various use cases."

Alternatives Considered

We didn't have a product that offers what BlueJeans does previously. We have used others as an invited guest but can't really speak much of the solutions provided therein.
Read Jason Connor's full review
Michael Torres, PhD profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is Perfect for a Biotech Startup."

Alternatives Considered

BlueJeans is the whole package for us. WebEx is too clunky and not as feature-rich as we'd like. Likewise, Skype is very simple. BlueJeans is very versatile, and we really like the fact that the bandwidth requirements are low. We've had participants call in from their cell-phones in rural parts of the US using 3G service, and not have any issues!
Read Michael Torres, PhD's full review
Travis Wild profile photo
January 25, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans Just Works- Try It Out"

Alternatives Considered

We still use Google Hangouts in addition to BlueJeans, we switched to BlueJeans because Google Hangouts didn't have built-in conference bridges and there were technical problems of some of our clients trying to connect to it. GoToMeeting requires software to be installed, which can be a technical problem if the person doesn't have admin access to their computer. WebEx has joining issues if you try and go back in the initial process to say change your name, I wasn't able to actually join a meeting.

Technical problems are things we all deal with, BlueJeans we have found has the least amount of them, which leads to quicker meetings.
Read Travis Wild's full review

High quality audio (262)
High quality video (260)
Low bandwidth requirements (242)
Mobile support (222)
Desktop sharing (254)
Whiteboards (102)
Calendar integration (231)
Meeting initiation (245)
Integrates with social media (87)
Record meetings / events (213)
Slideshows (154)
Live chat (191)
Audience polling (75)
Q&A (98)
User authentication (169)
Participant roles & permissions (179)
Confidential attendee list (119)

About BlueJeans

The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.

It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.

BlueJeans Features

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software Features
Has featureHigh quality audio
Has featureHigh quality video
Has featureLow bandwidth requirements
Has featureChrome compatible
Has featureFirefox compatible
Has featureSafari compatible
Does not have featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Has featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureDesktop sharing
Does not have featureDocument/File sharing
Has featureApplication sharing
Has featureWhiteboards
Online Meetings / Events Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureParticipant list
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing

BlueJeans Integrations

Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Workplace by Facebook, HipChat, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Google Calendar, Alexa for Business

BlueJeans Competitors