BlueJeans is a web conferencing and unified communications software with multi-vendor, multi-device interoperability with both mobile and browser integration for businesses of any size.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/3D/pB/JIJ514N302NX.PNGBlueJeans is a top tier solution.We have deployed BlueJeans across the company and all departments and meeting rooms. We use it for all meetings including very large monthly company-wide meetings. We have managed to cut travel budgets and enhance existing meetings through the use of video technology. The end user experience is the best I have seen from a meeting and conference platform.,Integrates well into the business environment, it is fully integrated into Office 365 which has helped reduce admin overhead for our teams. The audio quality with the introduction of the Dolby Audio is fantastic. Using the system is very simple and straightforward which really helped with the adoption process and minimises ongoing end user support.,When using video this does put strain on older equipment. It causes large CPU spikes on laptops which can cause some inconvenience. A lighter weight protocol or application optimisation would be an advantage. Enhancing the features for whiteboarding would be great. An easy way for users to pin their local dial-in numbers so when needed meetings can be joined quickly without scrolling through the long list of numbers.,9,Reduced the amount of business travel to locaised meetings. This has grown as the adoption and expectation that people use video within the calls. Reduction in overall cost as multiple legacy solutions have been removed and now any member of staff can host or attend a meeting without the consideration for capacity. Enhanced company-wide meetings, the ability for our sales folk to connect from a mobile and see our CEO in monthly meetings is fantastic.,Webex Meetings,10,We have Bluejeans fully integrated with our meeting rooms for one-click join when you enter the room, this works with standard room bookings so very straightforward for users to use. It is also fully integrated into outlook and the users' calendars through the office 365 plug-in which has removed the requirement to manage and update an outlook plug-in.BlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing OptionBlueJeans is used for more high profile meetings in our more technologically advanced conference rooms. It is also available to the entire organization as an option for specific needs. The main need is if presenters would like to share videos. The teams the currently uses BlueJeans the most are our Pristine Seas team and the Education team. For both, it provides that video sharing functionality that other services do not currently have.,Customer service is great! A company may have a great product but if customer service is terrible, that company may lost customers. On the other hand, a company may have an ok product but the customer service is so exceptional, that it might not even matter what the product is. With BlueJeans, both the product and customer service are top quality! Our major selling point is that BlueJeans provides a way to seamlessly share videos remotely. No other platform we have tried has a way of doing this as well as BlueJeans. BlueJeans is also very flexible on the amount of people that may join a call. Customer service may provide options for even higher counts (150+) if needed. The BlueJeans analytics for each meeting are an important part for any company looking to have a transparent eco friendly approach. We often share how many miles, gas, etc. funds have been saved because the meeting was virtual instead of in person.,Video sharing could be made better by allowing people to simply go through their presentation (Keynot/PowerPoint, etc.) without having to upload the video ahead of time (I believe BlueJeans is working on this). Providing an option to choose what join information to share with remote participants would also be great. Currently, every option is sent (joining from phone, mobile, and a videoconference unit). Most of the time, we are sending to participants who do not and will not be using a videoconference unit. I usually just delete that information from the message, but it would be easier (and one less step) if that could be an option.,10,Money saved on travel expenses for remote participants. (Food, transportation, hotels, etc.) Time savings on important matters; instead of waiting a day or 2 to coordinate travel to get a remote participant in town to discuss, we can set up a BlueJeans meeting within minutes. Better remote experience for our teams that have a large catalog of video content that must be share with remote participants.,Google Hangouts, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Zoom, WebEx Event Center and GoToMeeting,8,BlueJeans may be integrated with calendars. However, since BlueJeans is not our main platform, we do not use that feature. We do not use many of the BlueJeans integration features because of the other platforms we mainly use.,The command center is well equipped for our needs to monitor usage, administer rights to users, view and print up meeting analytics, etc. It also helps us in troubleshooting issues that are reported in meetings.,5,5,Using it so share videos International phone dialing options Recording meetings,As a way to document meetings (recording) without necessarily having someone on the other end As a way to interface with non BlueJeans videoconference products,As better features are added, BlueJeans becomes more valuable Hoping to take advantage of some new features in the works,5,Google Hangouts, WebEx Event Center, GoToMeeting, Zoom,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,I'm not sure if it would change too much or at all.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,User testing User adoption,8,Online training Self-taught,8,Yes. There may be a slight learning curve for those with admin rights...,8,Perhaps provide a way to have global settings for different groups. For example, an admin team may want to have remote participants muted on entry, but other meetings may not want that option. Although this setting may be set on a per meeting (or recurring meeting) basis, maybe it could also be tied to a group or team...,No - there is no facility to customize the interface,No - the product does not support adding custom code,No configuration has been made,7,Yes,Yes...We have been dealing with an issue for most of the year where audio would drop out for one of our remote participants from only one of our conference rooms. We tried everything, including switching out systems, rewiring the rooms, upgrading firmware, etc. The BlueJeans team sat in on a couple of calls and provided more details regarding what could possibly be happening. Some of these calls lasted 4 hours! They did not have to do that, but they did. Although the issue was not resolved (we think it's just a bad room, although it is one of our more technically advanced rooms), we appreciate the support team going above and beyond....,Chat Screensharing Mic control options,Video sharing Polling/Q&A,Yes,8,10,9,Google Calendar,Google Hangouts,Single Signon,9,Ensure you have the right components necessary for a successful integration.,8,8,N/A,Keep the lines of communication open!,No,Pending upgrade: video sharing process improved!,Video sharing is supposed to be seamless (no more pre uploads!) Better audio quality New interfaces with better navigation,No,NoOur team likes BlueJeansWe are a 100% online business with employees scattered all over the country (and some team members abroad), working from their homes. BlueJeans is what we use for all of our group meetings, as well as some one-on-one sessions. Aside from simply having a way to meet together with our geographic separation, we extensively use the screen sharing feature to talk about the systems we are working with. Most people choose not to turn their video cameras on. I also sometimes use this to help customers with technical issues they are having; if it's something where I can't figure out why it's working for me but not them, I use BlueJeans to have them share their screen so I can figure out what's happening on their computer specifically.,The sound is always clear -- a number of employees have commented on that. We used to use GoToMeeting, and when we got BlueJeans, that was the most frequent comment about why they liked BlueJeans better. I've used GoToMeeting with our company and attended WebEx and Zoom with other companies, and while there are generally no complaints about the sound at the others, something about BlueJeans sound seems exceptionally clear. It's cheap. I'm not sure about the current price comparison, but when we switched from GoToMeeting to BlueJeans, BlueJeans was about one-third of the price of GoToMeeting. It's easy to use. I've had much fewer issues with people joining, being able to mute them, and things of that nature than I had with GoToMeeting. Screen sharing is easier also. There's also a permanent personal meeting number that I can use anytime for an instant, unplanned meeting. Customer support has been excellent. They're generally easy to get in contact with and are knowledgeable and helpful.,One thing that I liked better about GoToMeeting was the separation of the chat box from the main screen. It's important to be able to see the chat box while I'm presenting, but the way it's set up on BlueJeans, it's combined with the main screen and so it's quite inconvenient. Another problem with this is that if I'm sharing my screen for presenting, when I look at the chats-- which would even include private chats-- they show up for everyone to see. This is a major flaw. The chat box should be separate. I have recurring meetings, with meeting numbers, which I would like to send out reminders of to team members. In version 1 of BlueJeans, I could copy and paste those. In the current version (2), I cannot; I have to memorize and type them in manually to my reminder messages. For my permanent person meeting number, I can copy it easily. However, this is not possible with other meeting IDs. Why would they make the meeting numbers not possible to copy? Similarly, in version 1, after the meeting, I could copy the chat box, which I kept with the meeting's presentation and meeting minutes for recordkeeping. The chats could also remind me who said what in the meeting for the purpose of writing my meeting minutes. With version 2, chat is no longer copiable, so I have to use multiple screenshots to get all the chats -- what a pain. Scheduling meetings is not convenient. It forces me to a web page to do so.,9,The biggest return on investment is that it only costs one-third of what we were paying with Citrix GoToMeeting. We've always used online meetings, so there isn't really any other change in ROI from what we used previously.,GoToMeeting, Zoom and Webex Meetings,9,I would like to be able to schedule meetings directly in BlueJeans, but it seems to only work with Google and Outlook, and I don't use either of those tools (I use Mac Calendar). So, when I want to schedule a meeting, it takes me to a web page -- I don't like that. Beyond that, I haven't investigated how it integrates with anything else.,We don't have this feature at our organization.,No,9,Yes,During the time we couldn't get version 2 to work, I was glad when someone finally offered to allow us to downgrade back to version 1 again.Blue jeans is easy!We use BlueJeans to communicate smoothly with our outside sales team. Corporate sends out an invitation to the guys in our territory so they can remote in. This saves our company money and time. No gas, no hotels... no nights away from their families.,Ease of use, no exhaustive directions needed. Sign on and follow the prompts Never a struggle. Send out the room link, and they are on Affordable Communication of updates helps keep us informed,We would love to have multiple rooms accessed Since we are a small company only using internally, the bigger packages don’t make sense for us, but would be interested in a middle ground You guys really do a great job,9,Less travel Less hotels More time with family due to less travel, is priceless,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and Cisco Webex Room Series (formerly Cisco Spark Room Series),9,I’m inside the office, but the technology challenged sales guys in our territory can use the app seemlesslyBlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!We use BlueJeans on almost a daily basis, across our whole LA office staff. From our producers, to our creative teams, to admin/business manager, to our VPs, BlueJeans has played a crucial role in opening up a new level of communication, not only between our other office locations (NY, London, Tokyo), but between our current and potential new clients. BlueJeans is one of those things where you can't imagine how you possibly operated without it. Prior to implementing BlueJeans at our company, we were a huddled mass of people, crammed around someones laptop, doing a FaceTime or any other of the low-rent video conferencing solutions out there. When you have BlueJeans in your office, not only is the quality amazing, the ease of use with setting up meetings to using it in the conference room [is as well] - my mom could do it. We use the Dolby Base Station in conjunction with the BlueJeans conference system camera combo and it works like a charm. Tap in a meeting ID into the Dolby unit, enter a password and presto-chango, you're in a meeting. I swear, it's that simple.,Easy to use. Amazing video conference call quality, with little to no audio delay. Amazing value for the price you pay. Super friendly support staff. Great and easy to use web portal.,Very rarely, but sometimes when starting up a video conference with the Dolby base station, you enter the info, the system starts up but then it sits there and loads and then just quits out. You have to re-enter a second time and then it works. Because I also use my iPhone as a hotspot with T-Mobile and have that left on by default, when using the BlueJeans mobile app via an iPad, it defaults to using my hotspot over our company's wifi. Before figuring it out, I was getting a not so great strength of signal, with the app telling me it was switching to low-bandwidth. I finally figured it out, but would be nice for the app to go with the stronger signal overall, not necessarily the signal that is "closest" to the iPad.,10,Money saved on travel to our other office locations around the world. Allowed us to pitch ideas and concepts to clients, which has resulted in us getting the job. Has cut down on email chains and opened up new levels of communication, only thought previously to be done in person.,Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark) and Lifesize Video Conferencing,10,When you schedule a BlueJeans meeting, in the email invite, a calendar invite is auto-generated. You click on it and it is added to your calendar. All the details for the meeting is in the calendar invite, along with the email. We haven't really used the messaging apps for it, so can't really comment on that. Like mentioned earlier, the ability to have a client or colleague just click on a button in an email and have it open up the meeting, has saved so much time for us compared to pre-BlueJeans.
BlueJeans

BlueJeans Reviews

BlueJeans
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 265 of 445 BlueJeans ratings and reviews.

Kenny Thornton profile photo
April 18, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans is a top tier solution."

Likelihood to Recommend

BlueJeans is a complete solution, it would be a perfect product to replace numberous legacy systems of which the capacity has been reached or are not meeting their requirements. It is great for use in meeting rooms with one touch join as you enter the room, also for mobile sales force teams who can join directly from their mobiles and still experience the full meeting with video / content.
Read Kenny Thornton's full review
Marcus Manderson profile photo
April 13, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing Option"

Likelihood to Recommend

Well suited for applications where you want to have a high quality video conference experience and incorporate screen sharing and video sharing. May not be necessary for lower profile meetings with just a handful of remote participants that do not require screen sharing (or require very minimal screen sharing).
Read Marcus Manderson's full review
J Lee Harshbarger profile photo
February 15, 2019

User Review: "Our team likes BlueJeans"

Likelihood to Recommend

BlueJeans is well-suited for our group meetings of about 15 people, and also well-suited for one-on-one screen sharing. Something along that line that I like is also the feature of "screen share only." Sometimes I start talking to someone on the phone, and we realize it would be better to see each other's screens. I can give them my permanent personal meeting ID and we can join as "screen share only," still talking on the phone, so that we don't have to switch audio but can just keep talking as we get the screen set up. As for where it's less appropriate, if you are screen sharing and rely a lot on chat, especially chat that cannot be seen by others, it's not well-suited for that.
Read J Lee Harshbarger's full review
Matthew Poletto profile photo
February 11, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I honestly think BlueJeans is well suited in most situations at our office, where easy communication between teams and clients is needed. I don't think there are any scenarios where it would be less appropriate to use. More communication and less confusion with what you want to do or say is always going to be a good thing in the workspace. When you're talking about other alternatives to not using BlueJeans, I can't imagine how that would be appropriate when you have BlueJeans available to use. Maybe you don't use the video portion of BlueJeans and only utilize the audio for certain clients or a vendor, but besides that, I am of the opinion of using BlueJeans whenever/wherever.
Read Matthew Poletto's full review
Kymber Williams profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is Superior - Increased Productivity and Relationships"

Likelihood to Recommend

BlueJeans is a key for those in network marketing. It allows connecting with prospects and is much more personal than the phone. With the importance of Social Media in businesses, it is incredible to go live with multiple people in a FB group for training, motivation or just information. You can have team members and prospects in multiple places - and they are still getting personal training from their leader.

This wouldn't be ideal for a business where every employee lives in the same place and sees one another daily. It's perfect for those with employees or clients spread out all over.
Read Kymber Williams's full review
Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez profile photo
January 17, 2019

Review: "Bluejeans: excellent option for web conferences."

Likelihood to Recommend

A good scenario is when you don't have a video conference infrastructure in all your offices and you need to join them together. In this case, BlueJeans can join them with good quality. A less appropriate scenario is when you have all your infrastructure based on only one vendor. I think in this scenario BlueJeans is not a good solution.
Read Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez's full review
Dara Naphan profile photo
December 12, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "Blue Jeans makes life convenient; it has room for improvement but they seem eager to work on that"

Likelihood to Recommend

I think it's well-suited for general online working meetings within small groups. It's great for people who need to connect and not be in the same place, obviously. If someone can't make it to a work meeting, it's nice to just link them in via Blue Jeans.
I'm not sure in what scenario it would be less appropriate, to be honest, but we haven't used it in larger meetings with 10+ people.
Read Dara Naphan's full review
H. Kipsang Choge profile photo
December 11, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "The Ultimate Cloud-based Video Conferencing Solution"

Likelihood to Recommend

BlueJeans is a great conferencing/collaboration solution for organizations transitioning from on-premise video conferencing MCU towards a cloud-based service as it provides an easy-to-use, high quality video and audio experience combined with seamless connectivity from existing room systems without any new investments in software or hardware. BlueJeans excels in medium to large meetings where attendees join from a variety of devices including PCs, smartphones and tablets, providing a uniformly engaging user experience.
Read H. Kipsang Choge's full review
Jorge Luis Cabrera Chirre profile photo
February 22, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "The best blue jeans I've ever tried"

Likelihood to Recommend

It is very useful when your team is not in the same city, or if you want to be in a conference when you are not in the office, so you can pick up your cellphone and can get into the meeting. This is a very helpful issue.
Read Jorge Luis Cabrera Chirre's full review
Frederic Martinoty profile photo
February 22, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Good professional video conferencing service"

On the plus side :
Great for international companies, since it's easily possible to send invites from any language. We got a reliable connection quality from many countries (tried it in Europe, USA, Asia). The smartphone app is very effective (both Android & iOS).

Could be improved :
The experience for Linux-based users, especially support for Ubuntu-like systems.
Read Frederic Martinoty's full review
Seevers James profile photo
February 21, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Video Conferencing -- Improving on Virtual Face-to-face meetings in the physical world"

Likelihood to Recommend

BlueJeans is well suited for F2F meetings where there is not a huge amount of file (screen) sharing. Screen sharing is where the product runs the greatest risk of freezing
Read Seevers James's full review
Jordan Astrope profile photo
February 20, 2019

"BlueJeans Review"

Likelihood to Recommend

It works well for us as people are spread out over hundreds of kilometers. The pricing is high considering we are a nonprofit. There are other cheaper or free solutions we could use as an alternative. I wish they supported nonprofits more.
Read Jordan Astrope's full review
John Martin profile photo
February 09, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans FITS ME FINE!"

Likelihood to Recommend

BlueJeans is an excellent resource for online meetings! It is easy to use and works well for those who need to be able to interact with colleagues and make presentations with others in remote locations.
Read John Martin's full review
Chris Ott profile photo
February 08, 2019

User Review: "Unhappy BlueJeans User"

Likelihood to Recommend

In our experience with BlueJeans, we did not find a scenario where the service ever worked adequately, yet we paid a significant premium for the service. We have switched to ZOOM, which is a far better product... ZOOM is reliable, good quality, good user experience, less expensive, better customer service, better sales team, and addresses every aspect of the service far better than BlueJeans.
Read Chris Ott's full review
Ana Ivette García profile photo
February 07, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "The most personal and efficient communication tool without meeting personally"

it is well suited for:
  • teams working collaboratively in different locations: different offices, cities, countries or doing home office
  • being in touch with clients or vendors located in different cities or countries
  • connecting several persons that are not in the same location to follow up on a specific topic or project or solve a problem
It's less appropriate for people working in the same building or location.
Read Ana Ivette García's full review
Tim Bickel, CTPM profile photo
February 05, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans use for TeleHealth"

Likelihood to Recommend

Other than a couple of issues, BlueJeans is a great fit. Most particularly when connecting with new users. A URL link for patients, executive interviews and conferences, and a simple "click" step download makes this an excellent product. New users that are not particularly 'tech-savvy' easily connect to us with simple instructions. This works especially well with patients in rural areas calling physicians they normally would not have access to.
Read Tim Bickel, CTPM's full review
Cheryl Nesbitt profile photo
January 25, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Across the globe and time zones - have meetings with ease!"

Likelihood to Recommend

We chose BlueJeans as it is well suited to our business model. We looked at other similar products and chose BlueJeans as it meets our needs at the moment. The other evening I had an incoming inquiry from someone in another country, I set up the demonstration, invited her, on and in a few minutes was able to show her our learning system.
Read Cheryl Nesbitt's full review
Jason Connor profile photo
January 25, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "An easy to use tool that's flexible enough to support various use cases."

Likelihood to Recommend

Well suited for screen share, voice bridge, and video conferencing. We still have another provider we use for our actual conference bridges that we have not been able to completely replace. Also, we have some using Skype as a call in number internationally that couldn't use BlueJeans since it is not a direct dial-in, it needs to be scheduled.
Read Jason Connor's full review
Michael Torres, PhD profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is Perfect for a Biotech Startup."

Likelihood to Recommend

We've had 10 plus participant meetings go very smooth with BlueJeans, including when multiple people share their respective screens. We really haven't found a particular instance where BlueJeans would not be appropriate. It is our exclusive tool for meetings.
Read Michael Torres, PhD's full review

High quality audio (262)
High quality video (260)
Low bandwidth requirements (242)
Mobile support (222)
Desktop sharing (254)
Whiteboards (102)
Calendar integration (231)
Meeting initiation (245)
Integrates with social media (87)
Record meetings / events (213)
Slideshows (154)
Live chat (191)
Audience polling (75)
Q&A (98)
User authentication (169)
Participant roles & permissions (179)
Confidential attendee list (119)

About BlueJeans

The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.

It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.

BlueJeans Features

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software Features
Has featureHigh quality audio
Has featureHigh quality video
Has featureLow bandwidth requirements
Has featureChrome compatible
Has featureFirefox compatible
Has featureSafari compatible
Does not have featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Has featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureDesktop sharing
Does not have featureDocument/File sharing
Has featureApplication sharing
Has featureWhiteboards
Online Meetings / Events Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureParticipant list
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing

BlueJeans Integrations

Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Workplace by Facebook, HipChat, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Google Calendar, Alexa for Business

BlueJeans Competitors