BlueJeans is a web conferencing and unified communications software with multi-vendor, multi-device interoperability with both mobile and browser integration for businesses of any size.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/3D/pB/JIJ514N302NX.PNGBlueJeans is a top tier solution.We have deployed BlueJeans across the company and all departments and meeting rooms. We use it for all meetings including very large monthly company-wide meetings. We have managed to cut travel budgets and enhance existing meetings through the use of video technology. The end user experience is the best I have seen from a meeting and conference platform.,Integrates well into the business environment, it is fully integrated into Office 365 which has helped reduce admin overhead for our teams. The audio quality with the introduction of the Dolby Audio is fantastic. Using the system is very simple and straightforward which really helped with the adoption process and minimises ongoing end user support.,When using video this does put strain on older equipment. It causes large CPU spikes on laptops which can cause some inconvenience. A lighter weight protocol or application optimisation would be an advantage. Enhancing the features for whiteboarding would be great. An easy way for users to pin their local dial-in numbers so when needed meetings can be joined quickly without scrolling through the long list of numbers.,9,Reduced the amount of business travel to locaised meetings. This has grown as the adoption and expectation that people use video within the calls. Reduction in overall cost as multiple legacy solutions have been removed and now any member of staff can host or attend a meeting without the consideration for capacity. Enhanced company-wide meetings, the ability for our sales folk to connect from a mobile and see our CEO in monthly meetings is fantastic.,Webex Meetings,10,We have Bluejeans fully integrated with our meeting rooms for one-click join when you enter the room, this works with standard room bookings so very straightforward for users to use. It is also fully integrated into outlook and the users' calendars through the office 365 plug-in which has removed the requirement to manage and update an outlook plug-in.BlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing OptionBlueJeans is used for more high profile meetings in our more technologically advanced conference rooms. It is also available to the entire organization as an option for specific needs. The main need is if presenters would like to share videos. The teams the currently uses BlueJeans the most are our Pristine Seas team and the Education team. For both, it provides that video sharing functionality that other services do not currently have.,Customer service is great! A company may have a great product but if customer service is terrible, that company may lost customers. On the other hand, a company may have an ok product but the customer service is so exceptional, that it might not even matter what the product is. With BlueJeans, both the product and customer service are top quality! Our major selling point is that BlueJeans provides a way to seamlessly share videos remotely. No other platform we have tried has a way of doing this as well as BlueJeans. BlueJeans is also very flexible on the amount of people that may join a call. Customer service may provide options for even higher counts (150+) if needed. The BlueJeans analytics for each meeting are an important part for any company looking to have a transparent eco friendly approach. We often share how many miles, gas, etc. funds have been saved because the meeting was virtual instead of in person.,Video sharing could be made better by allowing people to simply go through their presentation (Keynot/PowerPoint, etc.) without having to upload the video ahead of time (I believe BlueJeans is working on this). Providing an option to choose what join information to share with remote participants would also be great. Currently, every option is sent (joining from phone, mobile, and a videoconference unit). Most of the time, we are sending to participants who do not and will not be using a videoconference unit. I usually just delete that information from the message, but it would be easier (and one less step) if that could be an option.,10,Money saved on travel expenses for remote participants. (Food, transportation, hotels, etc.) Time savings on important matters; instead of waiting a day or 2 to coordinate travel to get a remote participant in town to discuss, we can set up a BlueJeans meeting within minutes. Better remote experience for our teams that have a large catalog of video content that must be share with remote participants.,Google Hangouts, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Zoom, WebEx Event Center and GoToMeeting,8,BlueJeans may be integrated with calendars. However, since BlueJeans is not our main platform, we do not use that feature. We do not use many of the BlueJeans integration features because of the other platforms we mainly use.,The command center is well equipped for our needs to monitor usage, administer rights to users, view and print up meeting analytics, etc. It also helps us in troubleshooting issues that are reported in meetings.,5,5,Using it so share videos International phone dialing options Recording meetings,As a way to document meetings (recording) without necessarily having someone on the other end As a way to interface with non BlueJeans videoconference products,As better features are added, BlueJeans becomes more valuable Hoping to take advantage of some new features in the works,5,Google Hangouts, WebEx Event Center, GoToMeeting, Zoom,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,I'm not sure if it would change too much or at all.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,User testing User adoption,8,Online training Self-taught,8,Yes. There may be a slight learning curve for those with admin rights...,8,Perhaps provide a way to have global settings for different groups. For example, an admin team may want to have remote participants muted on entry, but other meetings may not want that option. Although this setting may be set on a per meeting (or recurring meeting) basis, maybe it could also be tied to a group or team...,No - there is no facility to customize the interface,No - the product does not support adding custom code,No configuration has been made,7,Yes,Yes...We have been dealing with an issue for most of the year where audio would drop out for one of our remote participants from only one of our conference rooms. We tried everything, including switching out systems, rewiring the rooms, upgrading firmware, etc. The BlueJeans team sat in on a couple of calls and provided more details regarding what could possibly be happening. Some of these calls lasted 4 hours! They did not have to do that, but they did. Although the issue was not resolved (we think it's just a bad room, although it is one of our more technically advanced rooms), we appreciate the support team going above and beyond....,Chat Screensharing Mic control options,Video sharing Polling/Q&A,Yes,8,10,9,Google Calendar,Google Hangouts,Single Signon,9,Ensure you have the right components necessary for a successful integration.,8,8,N/A,Keep the lines of communication open!,No,Pending upgrade: video sharing process improved!,Video sharing is supposed to be seamless (no more pre uploads!) Better audio quality New interfaces with better navigation,No,NoOur team likes BlueJeansWe are a 100% online business with employees scattered all over the country (and some team members abroad), working from their homes. BlueJeans is what we use for all of our group meetings, as well as some one-on-one sessions. Aside from simply having a way to meet together with our geographic separation, we extensively use the screen sharing feature to talk about the systems we are working with. Most people choose not to turn their video cameras on. I also sometimes use this to help customers with technical issues they are having; if it's something where I can't figure out why it's working for me but not them, I use BlueJeans to have them share their screen so I can figure out what's happening on their computer specifically.,The sound is always clear -- a number of employees have commented on that. We used to use GoToMeeting, and when we got BlueJeans, that was the most frequent comment about why they liked BlueJeans better. I've used GoToMeeting with our company and attended WebEx and Zoom with other companies, and while there are generally no complaints about the sound at the others, something about BlueJeans sound seems exceptionally clear. It's cheap. I'm not sure about the current price comparison, but when we switched from GoToMeeting to BlueJeans, BlueJeans was about one-third of the price of GoToMeeting. It's easy to use. I've had much fewer issues with people joining, being able to mute them, and things of that nature than I had with GoToMeeting. Screen sharing is easier also. There's also a permanent personal meeting number that I can use anytime for an instant, unplanned meeting. Customer support has been excellent. They're generally easy to get in contact with and are knowledgeable and helpful.,One thing that I liked better about GoToMeeting was the separation of the chat box from the main screen. It's important to be able to see the chat box while I'm presenting, but the way it's set up on BlueJeans, it's combined with the main screen and so it's quite inconvenient. Another problem with this is that if I'm sharing my screen for presenting, when I look at the chats-- which would even include private chats-- they show up for everyone to see. This is a major flaw. The chat box should be separate. I have recurring meetings, with meeting numbers, which I would like to send out reminders of to team members. In version 1 of BlueJeans, I could copy and paste those. In the current version (2), I cannot; I have to memorize and type them in manually to my reminder messages. For my permanent person meeting number, I can copy it easily. However, this is not possible with other meeting IDs. Why would they make the meeting numbers not possible to copy? Similarly, in version 1, after the meeting, I could copy the chat box, which I kept with the meeting's presentation and meeting minutes for recordkeeping. The chats could also remind me who said what in the meeting for the purpose of writing my meeting minutes. With version 2, chat is no longer copiable, so I have to use multiple screenshots to get all the chats -- what a pain. Scheduling meetings is not convenient. It forces me to a web page to do so.,9,The biggest return on investment is that it only costs one-third of what we were paying with Citrix GoToMeeting. We've always used online meetings, so there isn't really any other change in ROI from what we used previously.,GoToMeeting, Zoom and Webex Meetings,9,I would like to be able to schedule meetings directly in BlueJeans, but it seems to only work with Google and Outlook, and I don't use either of those tools (I use Mac Calendar). So, when I want to schedule a meeting, it takes me to a web page -- I don't like that. Beyond that, I haven't investigated how it integrates with anything else.,We don't have this feature at our organization.,No,9,Yes,During the time we couldn't get version 2 to work, I was glad when someone finally offered to allow us to downgrade back to version 1 again.Blue jeans is easy!We use BlueJeans to communicate smoothly with our outside sales team. Corporate sends out an invitation to the guys in our territory so they can remote in. This saves our company money and time. No gas, no hotels... no nights away from their families.,Ease of use, no exhaustive directions needed. Sign on and follow the prompts Never a struggle. Send out the room link, and they are on Affordable Communication of updates helps keep us informed,We would love to have multiple rooms accessed Since we are a small company only using internally, the bigger packages don’t make sense for us, but would be interested in a middle ground You guys really do a great job,9,Less travel Less hotels More time with family due to less travel, is priceless,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and Cisco Webex Room Series (formerly Cisco Spark Room Series),9,I’m inside the office, but the technology challenged sales guys in our territory can use the app seemlesslyBlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!We use BlueJeans on almost a daily basis, across our whole LA office staff. From our producers, to our creative teams, to admin/business manager, to our VPs, BlueJeans has played a crucial role in opening up a new level of communication, not only between our other office locations (NY, London, Tokyo), but between our current and potential new clients. BlueJeans is one of those things where you can't imagine how you possibly operated without it. Prior to implementing BlueJeans at our company, we were a huddled mass of people, crammed around someones laptop, doing a FaceTime or any other of the low-rent video conferencing solutions out there. When you have BlueJeans in your office, not only is the quality amazing, the ease of use with setting up meetings to using it in the conference room [is as well] - my mom could do it. We use the Dolby Base Station in conjunction with the BlueJeans conference system camera combo and it works like a charm. Tap in a meeting ID into the Dolby unit, enter a password and presto-chango, you're in a meeting. I swear, it's that simple.,Easy to use. Amazing video conference call quality, with little to no audio delay. Amazing value for the price you pay. Super friendly support staff. Great and easy to use web portal.,Very rarely, but sometimes when starting up a video conference with the Dolby base station, you enter the info, the system starts up but then it sits there and loads and then just quits out. You have to re-enter a second time and then it works. Because I also use my iPhone as a hotspot with T-Mobile and have that left on by default, when using the BlueJeans mobile app via an iPad, it defaults to using my hotspot over our company's wifi. Before figuring it out, I was getting a not so great strength of signal, with the app telling me it was switching to low-bandwidth. I finally figured it out, but would be nice for the app to go with the stronger signal overall, not necessarily the signal that is "closest" to the iPad.,10,Money saved on travel to our other office locations around the world. Allowed us to pitch ideas and concepts to clients, which has resulted in us getting the job. Has cut down on email chains and opened up new levels of communication, only thought previously to be done in person.,Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark) and Lifesize Video Conferencing,10,When you schedule a BlueJeans meeting, in the email invite, a calendar invite is auto-generated. You click on it and it is added to your calendar. All the details for the meeting is in the calendar invite, along with the email. We haven't really used the messaging apps for it, so can't really comment on that. Like mentioned earlier, the ability to have a client or colleague just click on a button in an email and have it open up the meeting, has saved so much time for us compared to pre-BlueJeans.
BlueJeans

BlueJeans Reviews

BlueJeans
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 265 of 445 BlueJeans ratings and reviews.

Kenny Thornton profile photo
April 18, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans is a top tier solution."

Pros and Cons

• Integrates well into the business environment, it is fully integrated into Office 365 which has helped reduce admin overhead for our teams.
  • The audio quality with the introduction of the Dolby Audio is fantastic.
  • Using the system is very simple and straightforward which really helped with the adoption process and minimises ongoing end user support.
  • When using video this does put strain on older equipment. It causes large CPU spikes on laptops which can cause some inconvenience. A lighter weight protocol or application optimisation would be an advantage.
  • Enhancing the features for whiteboarding would be great.
  • An easy way for users to pin their local dial-in numbers so when needed meetings can be joined quickly without scrolling through the long list of numbers.
Read Kenny Thornton's full review
Marcus Manderson profile photo
April 13, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing Option"

Pros and Cons

• Customer service is great! A company may have a great product but if customer service is terrible, that company may lost customers. On the other hand, a company may have an ok product but the customer service is so exceptional, that it might not even matter what the product is. With BlueJeans, both the product and customer service are top quality!
  • Our major selling point is that BlueJeans provides a way to seamlessly share videos remotely. No other platform we have tried has a way of doing this as well as BlueJeans.
  • BlueJeans is also very flexible on the amount of people that may join a call. Customer service may provide options for even higher counts (150+) if needed.
  • The BlueJeans analytics for each meeting are an important part for any company looking to have a transparent eco friendly approach. We often share how many miles, gas, etc. funds have been saved because the meeting was virtual instead of in person.
  • Video sharing could be made better by allowing people to simply go through their presentation (Keynot/PowerPoint, etc.) without having to upload the video ahead of time (I believe BlueJeans is working on this).
  • Providing an option to choose what join information to share with remote participants would also be great. Currently, every option is sent (joining from phone, mobile, and a videoconference unit). Most of the time, we are sending to participants who do not and will not be using a videoconference unit. I usually just delete that information from the message, but it would be easier (and one less step) if that could be an option.
Read Marcus Manderson's full review
J Lee Harshbarger profile photo
February 15, 2019

User Review: "Our team likes BlueJeans"

Pros and Cons

• The sound is always clear -- a number of employees have commented on that. We used to use GoToMeeting, and when we got BlueJeans, that was the most frequent comment about why they liked BlueJeans better. I've used GoToMeeting with our company and attended WebEx and Zoom with other companies, and while there are generally no complaints about the sound at the others, something about BlueJeans sound seems exceptionally clear.
  • It's cheap. I'm not sure about the current price comparison, but when we switched from GoToMeeting to BlueJeans, BlueJeans was about one-third of the price of GoToMeeting.
  • It's easy to use. I've had much fewer issues with people joining, being able to mute them, and things of that nature than I had with GoToMeeting. Screen sharing is easier also. There's also a permanent personal meeting number that I can use anytime for an instant, unplanned meeting.
  • Customer support has been excellent. They're generally easy to get in contact with and are knowledgeable and helpful.
  • One thing that I liked better about GoToMeeting was the separation of the chat box from the main screen. It's important to be able to see the chat box while I'm presenting, but the way it's set up on BlueJeans, it's combined with the main screen and so it's quite inconvenient. Another problem with this is that if I'm sharing my screen for presenting, when I look at the chats-- which would even include private chats-- they show up for everyone to see. This is a major flaw. The chat box should be separate.
  • I have recurring meetings, with meeting numbers, which I would like to send out reminders of to team members. In version 1 of BlueJeans, I could copy and paste those. In the current version (2), I cannot; I have to memorize and type them in manually to my reminder messages. For my permanent person meeting number, I can copy it easily. However, this is not possible with other meeting IDs. Why would they make the meeting numbers not possible to copy?
  • Similarly, in version 1, after the meeting, I could copy the chat box, which I kept with the meeting's presentation and meeting minutes for recordkeeping. The chats could also remind me who said what in the meeting for the purpose of writing my meeting minutes. With version 2, chat is no longer copiable, so I have to use multiple screenshots to get all the chats -- what a pain.
  • Scheduling meetings is not convenient. It forces me to a web page to do so.
Read J Lee Harshbarger's full review
Heather McNulty profile photo
February 15, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Blue jeans is easy!"

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use, no exhaustive directions needed. Sign on and follow the prompts
  • Never a struggle. Send out the room link, and they are on
  • Affordable
  • Communication of updates helps keep us informed
  • We would love to have multiple rooms accessed
  • Since we are a small company only using internally, the bigger packages don’t make sense for us, but would be interested in a middle ground
  • You guys really do a great job
Read Heather McNulty's full review
Matthew Poletto profile photo
February 11, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!"

• Easy to use.
  • Amazing video conference call quality, with little to no audio delay.
  • Amazing value for the price you pay.
  • Super friendly support staff.
  • Great and easy to use web portal.
  • Very rarely, but sometimes when starting up a video conference with the Dolby base station, you enter the info, the system starts up but then it sits there and loads and then just quits out. You have to re-enter a second time and then it works.
  • Because I also use my iPhone as a hotspot with T-Mobile and have that left on by default, when using the BlueJeans mobile app via an iPad, it defaults to using my hotspot over our company's wifi. Before figuring it out, I was getting a not so great strength of signal, with the app telling me it was switching to low-bandwidth. I finally figured it out, but would be nice for the app to go with the stronger signal overall, not necessarily the signal that is "closest" to the iPad.
Read Matthew Poletto's full review
Kymber Williams profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is Superior - Increased Productivity and Relationships"

Pros and Cons

• Broadcasting to Facebook - this is key to be able to broadcast LIVE with multiple teachings on our team page and other information pages.
  • The Video Call feature is key. It allows us to work from home but still collaborate, and seeing each other makes it even more personal.
  • The ease of use for the program and multiple ways to use it make it a must-have for a business owner!
  • The price point is amazing for everything you receive!
  • The majority of my coworkers use Zoom. I wish BlueJeans was more widely known and used!!!
  • The Live function for FB is amazing but I am always confused when I hit the button to go Live and then type in the title. I don't know if I'm Live yet and unsure of when its gone Live. This is minor.
  • I would love to see the ability to go Live on multiple Facebook pages with one broadcast.
Read Kymber Williams's full review
Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez profile photo
January 17, 2019

Review: "Bluejeans: excellent option for web conferences."

Pros and Cons

• BlueJeans has excellent quality audio, when you join PSTN + VoIP the quality still excellent.
  • BlueJeans has a good advantage by allowing an Interconnection with multiple vendors by H.323
  • The Service is always up in the more than 3 years we have been using the solution.
  • I think the app has stopped being so intuitive over the years
  • The quality of the video is good but sometimes it takes a few minutes to adjust the quality
  • I think it would be a great idea if BlueJeans develops its own hardware, camera, microphones, etc.
Read Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez's full review
Dara Naphan profile photo
December 12, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "Blue Jeans makes life convenient; it has room for improvement but they seem eager to work on that"

Pros and Cons

• The scheduling is pretty easy, and straight forward. It's easy to invite people to the meetings. It's also easy for people who aren't on the account to just download the app, and the fact that it's on their computer, tablet or phone is pretty nice as well. Some of our participants have had to meet while in the car, for example, so being able to use the app on their phone is helpful.
  • I really like the screen sharing feature, and it works with a number of programs. When using Blue Jeans to work on a paper/publication with someone else, I find it's actually easier to have it right in front of you, as opposed to looking at someone else's screen if you were in the same room.
  • The quality of the videos is usually quite good. All of the actual functions when using the app have worked well for us.
  • It's nice you can record and share videos as well.
  • For our project (like I explained earlier) we have groups of people meet every few weeks, and they talk about very sensitive material, so, we decided (for assessment/research purposes) to not record the videos. Therefore, we decided we'd have the moderators of the meeting meet briefly afterward and debrief, and record THAT meeting, and share it with us, the research team. I believe we had to pay quite a bit to get this feature, and it unfortunately has not been very easy to deal with, because the coaches have to share the video with me. In the beginning, sometimes they would send it to me, and it was not download-able, or at least I thought, because the "download" button was not apparent on my screen (I had to widen the screen). I don't know why it's all the way to the right. That's probably a mis-step on my part, but you could just move that button to where it's visible. Also, I had to periodically nag these busy people to share their videos with me, and that was a bit of a pain. I was supposed to watch the videos immediately afterward to keep abreast of what was going on, and it just slowed us down. I guess what I'm suggesting is to give the option for an administrator (like myself) to access recorded videos in their enterprise. What we'll have to do next time around, is that I think I will have to be the moderator, schedule all the meetings and someone not "attend" the meetings (cancel my audio and video) and record all the videos. ALSO, I don't like that it's just shared through my email, I click on a link to get to the video, and that they actually DISAPPEAR after some time. Why can't they just appear in my recordings or something? They are hard to dig through my email again to find them. That's a silly feature that I would think could be fixed, and has been a source of my dissatisfaction for the software.
  • The internal control system for the admin is very confusing. For example, for some reason I thought that for people in my enterprise (my coaches) to share their videos with me, they had to be designated as administrators themselves. Recently, it turned out that one of the moderators of the sessions could not see her scheduled meetings, and for some reason one of the other coaches personal meetings was popping up in her list of scheduled meetings. All of her past meetings had disappeared from control board as well. She was very concerned about this for reasons of confidentiality related to our project. I have no idea what this was the only time, to my knowledge that this had happened for other coaches. Anyway, I talked to a customer service rep and he explained that videos disappear from the command center tab, and that you have to go to your profile on the main dashboard, then scroll down, click on a few things.. you get my point. I don't know why it's not more intuitive.
  • Customer Service has been annoying. Generally speaking, I get very frustrated that these types of jobs are outsourced to other countries, in part because I have a very hard time understanding the customer service agent. They are always incredibly nice, but the last time I called it should not have taken 45 minutes out of my day for me to figure out what was going on; it should have taken no more than 15 minutes in my opinion. Practically everything the last representative I talked to said I had to ask him to repeat himself, and it was very embarrassing for the both of us. I really don't know the solution here, it's just a source of frustration for me.
Read Dara Naphan's full review
H. Kipsang Choge profile photo
December 11, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "The Ultimate Cloud-based Video Conferencing Solution"

Pros and Cons

• BlueJeans provides an easy and seamless experience for users joining meetings from a multitude of devices, with a minimal number of steps between receiving a meeting invite and getting into the meeting. There are is no clutter in the joining instructions or interfaces, making it easy even those of our users than do not understand English.
  • The low-bandwidth mode that is available for mobile devices is very helpful for many of our mobile users who do not have a guaranteed 4G LTE signal as they join meetings from remote locations. In this mode they are able to view shared content and receive audio with minimal distortions or dropped calls.
  • Setting up meeting invites is particularly simple and with the Outlook Add-in that most of our users use, Bluejeans elevates the experience to new heights. The updated add-in, after the issues and hiccups with the first version, is easy to install and set up and once it is set up, works like an integral part of Outlook with no issues at all.
  • The upgrade of the BlueJeans desktop client from 1.x to 2.x saw the transition to completely redesigned interface which is quite impressive from a UI point of view. However, the upgrade seems to have been rushed without enough testing and confirmation of feature availability when using all possible OS and processor combinations. Features that our users had come to love in 1.x, such as remote desktop control, sharing of recorded/uploaded video during meetings, and temporary un-mute ('push-to-talk') capability during meetings seem to have disappeared or are not working with the new desktop version.
  • Another feature that is no longer available with the newer versions of BlueJeans is the ability to see all scheduled meetings in the web portal once a named host logs in. This was available until about Autumn 2017, after which a user does not have visibility to meetings scheduled in the Outlook add-in when they log on to their web interface.
  • Support for more languages would certainly be great, beyond the few it now supports. Our Japanese users would really love to have their language supported, as am sure other major language-users in Asia are.
Read H. Kipsang Choge's full review
Frederic Martinoty profile photo
February 22, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Good professional video conferencing service"

Pros and Cons

• Switching from one camera or one microphone to another while the call is running proved to be quite easy to do.
  • Good connection quality.
  • On the administrative side, BlueJeans's dashboard provides useful information to understand what happened when a video conference went wrong. From which side, whether the problem is audio-based or video-based, etc.
  • Providing a Linux based native app, compatible with Debian/Ubuntu would be a plus.
  • Providing a way to connect through the web browser without adding any plug-in would help too. Some users in big companies have a professional PC locked, without the possibility to add the Firefox/Chrome plug-in.
Read Frederic Martinoty's full review
Seevers James profile photo
February 21, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Video Conferencing -- Improving on Virtual Face-to-face meetings in the physical world"

Pros and Cons

• Face-to-face meetings are inherently important for many meetings. BlueJeans does this very well.
  • BlueJeans support is surprisingly responsive and, in m experience, has a high first call closure rate
  • The integration with Outlook is seamless and easy for even novice users of MS Outlook to quickly master
  • BlueJeans is continuously improving their offering. Plus, with the automatic updates for our users, we are able to ensure they each have the latest version with no (or mostly no) support needed from our Infrastructure Teams
  • There is no "white-boarding" feature in BlueJeans. This is the number one complaint from our User Base.
  • Sharing screens is not always a smooth process. While not every time there is a conference meeting, it is frequent to have the screens freeze -- especially on one of the Video Conference units.
Read Seevers James's full review
William Davison profile photo
February 20, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Good value for a conferencing and screen sharing software"

Pros and Cons

• Conference calls - It has very good call quality.
  • The screen sharing quality is high with no noticeable lag.
  • I like the calendar features - Email invites and meeting details with a link to the BlueJeans' meetings work well in Google Calendar and Outlook.
  • The chat feature is oddly poor. You cannot highlight the whole conversion and just copy and paste it into a document, you can only copy one comment at a time. Needs to work more like Skype chat.
  • If Bluejeans gave you Skype-like chat functions, such as being able to drop a file into a chat to send it to everyone on the call, we could stop using Skype when contacting clients.
  • It's not always obvious who is speaking. Particularly if someone enters the call on a phone. It'd be nice for the owner of the meeting to have the ability to change the people's names.
Read William Davison's full review
Jordan Astrope profile photo
February 20, 2019

"BlueJeans Review"

Pros and Cons

• We like the video recording feature.
  • The ability that multiple people using multiple platforms to join a meeting.
  • Struggles with scheduling. TimeZone is Central Time which for us in Saskatchewan never changes but for some reason the program defaults it to an hour ahead (due to daylight savings in some areas).
  • When you download the video file it has the same file name which causes confusion when you download many of them at once. It should be the date of the meeting.
  • Ability to create a meeting that is in a listen-only mode so people can log on and just see a presentation.
Read Jordan Astrope's full review
Roman Seibel profile photo
February 15, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Overall very valuable for our company because of low friction functionality."

Pros and Cons

• Integration with legacy lifeSize conference room system over an H.xxx standard.
  • Sometimes very good quality, most of the time fair.
  • It is impossible to call someone over BlueJeans, you must make an appointment and meet in a virtual room.
  • No Slack integration.
Read Roman Seibel's full review
John Martin profile photo
February 09, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans FITS ME FINE!"

Pros and Cons

• BlueJeans allows for video conferencing without lag time.
  • BlueJeans allows you to share your screen and/or presentations with ease.
  • BlueJeans allows you to record meetings to review at a later time or to share with others.
  • I would like to see them allow for multiple users to share screens and presentations during the same presentation.
Read John Martin's full review
Chris Ott profile photo
February 08, 2019

User Review: "Unhappy BlueJeans User"

Pros and Cons

• We initially chose BlueJeans for the fact that it could be used without the need to download an application, and could work for a broad range of clients regardless of what their internal conferencing platform.
  • Ability to personalize and brand the experience
  • The biggest issue we faced with BlueJeans was the extremely poor quality video, and connection issues from every connection point. Both audio and video connection would freeze, pixelate, or disconnect altogether.
  • BlueJeans did a poor job in their efforts to resolve the issues, over a 3yr + period. Their technical support, as well as customer service was not helpful in coming up with solutions, testing, or determining ways to improve the quality of service.
  • The sales team did not help to accommodate a clean separation of the service, but held us to pay out an obligated contract, even though they failed to provide an adequate service for which we were paying for. We wanted to part ways amicably, and currently use ZOOM (which we haven't experienced any issues with, and a far better service). Unfortunately the team we dealt with a BlueJeans was very short-sighted and did not want to work with us, even though we patiently (at our own cost) utilized the service for more than 3yrs in hopes the quality of the service would improve.
  • Pricing of BlueJeans is higher than competitors, with a vastly inferior product.
Read Chris Ott's full review
Ana Ivette García profile photo
February 07, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "The most personal and efficient communication tool without meeting personally"

Pros and Cons

• It has an excellent communication tool without any interference.
  • It is flexible as you can connect via any computer, mobile device or phone.
  • Screen sharing is a very useful feature for collaborative work.
  • I wish that the room number was the same as the audio code when connecting by phone.
Read Ana Ivette García's full review
Joseph Martindelcampo profile photo
February 05, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is a Revolving Aid to Traditional Conferencing Solutions."

Pros and Cons

• BlueJeans creates a seamless join-in experience.
  • BlueJeans has global reach numbers.
  • BlueJeans' audio/video experience automatically works.
  • Ensure enhancements to their software are communicated to the appropriate contacts within the organization.
Read Joseph Martindelcampo's full review
Tim Bickel, CTPM profile photo
February 05, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans use for TeleHealth"

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use for new users.
  • Ability to share content from a computer device for education, collaboration, and information.
  • Excellent video quality.
  • Client version does not work properly for Moderators with high utilization (number of created) of meeting rooms.
  • Could improve user functionality with a green screen function.
Read Tim Bickel, CTPM's full review
les kollegian profile photo
February 05, 2019

Review: "Who knew you could do much better stuff with BlueJeans than just wearing them?"

• High-quality video/audio
  • integration with Google calendar
  • great mobile app
  • Warnings about a poor connection that would enable a user to quickly drop a video or enable them to maintain communication more easily.
  • If using multiple accounts in a company, it would be nice to be able to switch accounts quickly.
Read les kollegian's full review
Cheryl Nesbitt profile photo
January 25, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Across the globe and time zones - have meetings with ease!"

Pros and Cons

• The ability to have multiple people online at the same time.
  • The ability to record our training sessions and inductions for both students and HR.
  • The ability for our students and employees to have future access to training sessions even if they missed the session.
  • I have no suggestions for improvement at this time. BlueJeans has been great.
Read Cheryl Nesbitt's full review
Jason Connor profile photo
January 25, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "An easy to use tool that's flexible enough to support various use cases."

• Easy to onboard.
  • Easy to use (however we do have end users that want to use handheld devices to set up meetings).
  • Flexible use with phone, app, or laptop.
  • I feel its user-friendly but we still have a level of help we need to provide on the support side. I'm working with my BlueJeans rep currently to get end-user training setup.
  • We do have call quality issues occasionally but that's more of an exception. I think it's also mostly dialed in users.
  • I would like to be able to set up rooms without the added cost. To me, rooms are the same as an individual account.
Read Jason Connor's full review
Michael Torres, PhD profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is Perfect for a Biotech Startup."

Pros and Cons

• It is very easy for people to join across multiple devices, computers, phones, and tablets to use the video feature.
  • Screen-sharing is very straight forward, yet there are options to share specific applications versus the entire screen.
  • We also find it very easy to set up external conference hardware like cams and mics and be able to switch between devices with ease.
  • We've run into updates being needed when we open the application, which typically is only when starting meetings. It would be nice to have it auto-update, or have notifications to update. This may be a feature already present, but it's not obvious.
  • Often there are participants who've not used BlueJeans before and sometimes they don't download the app, and so we've had people be late to download or they realize they can't access the full-feature set through a browser. Better communication to download the app for the full-features when people are invited would be nice.
  • We'd like to see better iCal integration. We can reply and get notifications when people accept the invite using Google but have not seen this be as smooth for iCal.
  • We have had instances where we've had to sign out and sign into the meeting to see everyone in the room. Rare, but has happened.
Read Michael Torres, PhD's full review
Keith Strauss   Sandler Sales Trainer and Coach profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is a tool used weekly to connect our trainers to remote students."

Pros and Cons

• The connection is always flawless. I do not think we have ever had a quality of connection issue in all of our time on BlueJeans.
  • Custom and Technical support are top notch. We rarely have needed it, but when a client has an issue connecting, support is always able to quickly fix the situation.
  • Back end technology for administering BlueJeans is great. It is simple, straightforward, and easy to use.
  • The price is always an opportunity for improvement. I pay it because I need it, but it does feel a little expensive at times.
  • Billing communication could be better as well.
  • I have no issues with the functionality as it stands today.
Read Keith Strauss Sandler Sales Trainer and Coach's full review

High quality audio (262)
High quality video (260)
Low bandwidth requirements (242)
Mobile support (222)
Desktop sharing (254)
Whiteboards (102)
Calendar integration (231)
Meeting initiation (245)
Integrates with social media (87)
Record meetings / events (213)
Slideshows (154)
Live chat (191)
Audience polling (75)
Q&A (98)
User authentication (169)
Participant roles & permissions (179)
Confidential attendee list (119)

About BlueJeans

The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.

It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.

BlueJeans Features

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software Features
Has featureHigh quality audio
Has featureHigh quality video
Has featureLow bandwidth requirements
Has featureChrome compatible
Has featureFirefox compatible
Has featureSafari compatible
Does not have featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Has featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureDesktop sharing
Does not have featureDocument/File sharing
Has featureApplication sharing
Has featureWhiteboards
Online Meetings / Events Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureParticipant list
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing

BlueJeans Integrations

Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Workplace by Facebook, HipChat, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Google Calendar, Alexa for Business

BlueJeans Competitors