Certify is expense management software from the company of the same name in Maine.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/EH/Th/TL6DSEV0JTJD.PNGCertify is CERTIFIED GOLD!I used Certify to submit my monthly expenses. It was extremely easy to use and saved me a ton of time compared to other processes I have used in the past. It gave me back time, so I could be in the field selling and not hours wasted doing expense reports. I would highly recommend using it.,Certify makes it very easy to take pictures of your receipts and automatically upload receipt totals/amounts. Creation of new expense reports is very easy and intuitive. The Mobile App is great which makes it easy to snap photos on the go, eliminating chances of losing receipts.,I can t really think of any improvements at this time.,9,In my industry TIME is my number one asset. More time spent in the field prospecting, more time spent not worrying about expense reports.,Paylocity Web Pay, Zoom, MotusHelpfulWe use it across our US organization. It gives us the capability of automatically linking our company credit cards and allows employees access when they are traveling.,Links credit card charges and receipts for ease of reconciliation Allows employees to access while traveling Provides good reports,Allow receipts to be included for more than 1 charge on the credit card (Uber charges & tips) Linking receipts can be difficult when there are many to choose from,8,Fewer errors Easy to use,Good information available through self help and through online classes,7Certify simplifies accounts payable for your small businessWe use Certify across the organization for expense reimbursement and accounts payable.,Maintains copies of backup documentation. Employees can easily upload receipts with their phone, and complete the expense report at a more convenient time.,Accounts payable reporting is not robust. I'd like to be able to see payments by vendor, etc.,7,No need for manual expense reports. Documentation is readily available for audits.,Webinar training was very helpful..,7,Bill.com,Replicon TimeAttend, QuickBooks Enterprise SolutionsIn Certify we trust!Certify is being across our whole organization for travel and expense reporting. Its highly intuitive and user-friendly platform allows users to easily populate their expense reports, submit them and get them approved in an very efficient manner. Finance is able to review the approved reports online and initiate payment processing in a similar efficient manner.,Ease of use for users and administrators It's totally paperless Never once heard a complaint about Certify,None so far!,10,Very positive impact on users and administrators in terms of time savings at every level. Flags potential duplicate entries as well as items outside of policies Great set of analytic reports at your fingertips,I've never needed to contact the customer support team!,10,,Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), QuickBooks Pro, Solium Shareworks, MS SharePointEasy to useWe use Certify across the whole company. It helps us track expenses by client or project. We were able to improve tracking of billable expenses because of Certify.,Integration with our accounting system Ability to customize to follow company T&E policy Easy to run reports,For individuals who travel frequently it would be easier to populate details for each expense as soon as its added to the wallet. It would be nice to view billing history and open invoices rather than just scheduling payment,10,Increase in properly identified billable expenses Timely T & E submission Better integration with current accounting system,Very helpful onboarding support, easy implementation, almost no need for ongoing customer support,10,Concur Expense,QuickBooks OnlineCertify and good match for corporate expense reportingIt is used to manage all credit card purchases for the entire company for supplies, equipment, and travel. Certify is very helpful for the Accounts Payable team when they need to decide how a purchase is allocated in Quickbooks.,The mobile app works well for users that travel so they don't have to wait to enter expenses and receipts. The web interface is simple and easy to use. Attaching receipts via the web interface is also quick and easy.,It would be nice to turn off the message that pop up stating that there is a duplicate expense.,10,Keeps us from having to sort through piles of receipts at the end of the month for both end user and Accounts Payable.,Concur ExpenseDo Not Waste Your Time Or Money!We signed up for Certify to track our expenses better and more efficiently.,They were willing to work on pricing before we signed up.,Their system is outdated. The software could be good, but it seems they are not willing to update to get there. They use a 3rd party linking system which will result in you having to manually reconnect your cards to the system weekly, or your reports will not pull in transactions correctly. The way the users are set up, it makes no sense and has a very hard flow to things. You constantly have to ghost another user to approve expenses billed to a card that is added to your user. They are not a customer-focused company who is concerned with their product or how their customers are treated and focused more on filling their pockets.,1,There was no ROI. We paid for something that did not work and are out the money. We hope the same does not happen to others.,Expensify,Expensify,12Certify at a GlimpseCertify is very computer friendly and we have about 200 employees that submit expense reports daily by computer or mobile with no issues or questions.,Create expense reports as easy as 1, 2, 3. Uploads receipts and links together very easily. Easy to run reports to get info needed.,When you set up employees' approvers you now have to key in their email address instead of the drop-down list for ones saved in the system already.,10,Saving time No questions from employees Easy to disable and enable employees once set up if needed,Concur Travel and Expense,Paycor, NaviCloud, Microsoft AccessGreat Product for Small StartupsWe use certify to manage expense reimbursements for employees in 2 of our locations (I US and 1 European). We also use Certify to manage classification and reconciliation of corporate card charges for our US location.,Certify's customer support is excellent. They are quick to answer, knowledgeable and friendly. Follow up and communication is always clear and efficient. Certify manages multiple currencies well making it easy for employees to be reimbursed in their home currency regardless of the currency of the transactions. The Certify app is easy to use to capture expenses while traveling.,We've experienced continual problems with our corporate card integration where transactions post to the wrong cardholder account. Customer support has always been willing to assist with teh correction but its frustrating that the manual correction is needed so frequently. Some customization requires manual intervention (we require a custom field for all expenses but have to contact support any time we add or change an expense account so that the required filed can be added manually). Certify does not integrate with our accounting software and the CSV export/import file does not bring in transaction level detail.,7,Certify was the first expense reporting product we used. It replaced Excel worksheets and paper receipts so overall the impact on the organization has been quite positive.,Abacus, Concur Travel and Expense and Expensify,Sage IntacctWell integrated expense management toolCertify is being used in company-wide for all team members for expense track and management. It's a great tool to consolidate everything in terms of efficiency and organization.,Easy to consolidate for expense track and management. When submitted with the expense, you will see where you are and you can remind the approver if necessary. There is an app provided across IOS and Andriod platform so you can capture the receipts and upload every single time without going through scanning/uploading etc. It's very easy for the frequent traveler. The approvers managing multiple organizations can also do very well with tracking and managing the expense.,I found there might be a slight synching up problem when you keep the expense report on your own device and there happened at times the report didn't sync up with the server properly.,10,As an employee using Certify weekly if not daily, I see a great convenience and efficiency for the business operation. The management and finance team will also be benefited from its well integrated platform to track and manage expense reports, which dramatically lowered the cost on operation.,Concur Travel and Expense,WebEx Meetings, NetSuite OpenAir PSA, Salesforce.com, OneDrive, Microsoft Yammer, MS SharePoint, Concur Travel and Expense,3000You get what you pay forOur company was researching ways to help streamline employee expense reimbursements and company credit card reconciliation. Our accounting department heavily relied on paper expense reports for both processes. We wanted to see if expense processing software would help. After doing some research we decided to go with Certify. We thought the company offered good pricing, a flexible contract and technology solutions we were looking for.,Our employees seem to like Certify app mainly because you don't have to save paper receipts anymore and can submit your expense report from anywhere. In theory credit card transaction import should help with company credit card reconciliation but as we learned there are issues with the process. Certify gives managers ability to approve expenses when they are not being physically present in the office.,It would be nice to see more training for certify accountant users. There is not enough knowledge base material on the product, the system is not being used to its full potential due to lack of training resources. P-card reconciliation report is not user-friendly and hard to work with. Dates of imported credit card transactions often don't match with dates on receipts. Very busy interface, important data is scattered all over the report which makes it hard to keep track and make sure all the details in expense report are correct. Lacks functionality to import data into our accounting software (Abila) and doesn't have the option to allocate expenses indirectly among cost centers.,4,We received mixed reviews from the staff who are using the system. Some were so unhappy that asked to be taken off and some use it and like it. We bought the system to streamline expense reimbursement process and cut down on paper usage but it wasn't helpful to us in both cases. I don't think Certify solved any of the problems for us. Our company is considering cancelling the service and looking for another alternatives.,Abila MIP Fund AccountingCertify increases accuracy & saves hours on expense reportingCertify is used across our entire organization for expense management and reporting. We are able to link our company credit cards to the system and import our expenses directly so we don't miss anything. We can also use the Certify app to upload receipts and input expenses "on the spot". Their automated approval process allows our employees to get reimbursed and expenses to be recorded quickly.,Imports expenses automatically from American Express. Quick approval process with notification emails of the status to the approving parties and submitter. Certify "reads" your receipts and attempts to import certain values for you to create expense records that you can then edit and finalize.,Sometimes the receipt "read" function misinterprets values and creates more work than intended. When you email receipts to Certify to add to your "wallet", it includes items like logo graphics from your digital signature in your email as potential receipt documents and crowds your receipt folder. My phone saves photos (of receipts) in a large file format and won't allow me to change it. I also cannot resize them on my phone. Certify rejects these emailed files because they are so large, so I have to resize any receipt photos on my PC first and then send to Certify.,7,Certify has saved me at least an hour each month with expense reporting. Certify has made me look better as an employee and prevent re-work because it helps me capture all of my expenses and not have to amend my reports. I'm not familiar with the cost of Certify to accurately comment on its true ROI, but I know our company users are satisfied with it.A decent cheap solution, but you get what you pay for.Certify is being used by my whole organization to track expenses.,Integration with Chase business credit card. It is easy and painless to register your Chase account; then your expenses flow automatically in from there. The app makes it easy to capture receipts on the fly.,It is not clear how to edit a line item to add a receipt; I ended up having to re-add line items. The overall workflow is clunky. Not clear why I need to "sync". It should be easier to simply create a new expense report on the fly and automatically add ongoing receipts to that report directly.,4,More red tape = less productivity = negative impact. Hopefully long term positive of making it easier for employees to expense things on their company cards. That said I would still much prefer Concur for real efficient expensing.,Concur,Slack, GlobalProtect Mobile Security Manager, GitHub
Certify

Certify Reviews

Certify

Filter 63 vetted Certify reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
March 29, 2019

Certify is CERTIFIED GOLD!

• Certify makes it very easy to take pictures of your receipts and automatically upload receipt totals/amounts.
  • Creation of new expense reports is very easy and intuitive.
  • The Mobile App is great which makes it easy to snap photos on the go, eliminating chances of losing receipts.
  • I can t really think of any improvements at this time.
It works great for someone that is required to do expense reports on a monthly basis. Anyone who is currently using Excel spreadsheets or scanning and submitting paper receipts NEEDS something like Certify. I cannot stress enough how much I was able to get accomplished because of the time I was able to get back.
April 17, 2019

• Links credit card charges and receipts for ease of reconciliation
  • Allows employees to access while traveling
  • Provides good reports
  • Allow receipts to be included for more than 1 charge on the credit card (Uber charges & tips)
  • Linking receipts can be difficult when there are many to choose from
Much better than the Excel spreadsheet we were using prior
April 12, 2019

Certify simplifies accounts payable for your small business

• Maintains copies of backup documentation.
  • Employees can easily upload receipts with their phone, and complete the expense report at a more convenient time.
  • Accounts payable reporting is not robust. I'd like to be able to see payments by vendor, etc.
Well suited for small and medium-sized companies.
April 10, 2019

In Certify we trust!

• Ease of use for users and administrators
  • It's totally paperless
  • Never once heard a complaint about Certify
  • None so far!
Certify is extremely well suited for all of our current travel and expense reporting needs.
April 10, 2019

Easy to use

• Integration with our accounting system
  • Ability to customize to follow company T&E policy
  • Easy to run reports
  • For individuals who travel frequently it would be easier to populate details for each expense as soon as its added to the wallet.
  • It would be nice to view billing history and open invoices rather than just scheduling payment
Well Suited:
  • Tracking expenses by clients /projects
April 03, 2019

Certify and good match for corporate expense reporting

• The mobile app works well for users that travel so they don't have to wait to enter expenses and receipts.
  • The web interface is simple and easy to use.
  • Attaching receipts via the web interface is also quick and easy.
  • It would be nice to turn off the message that pop up stating that there is a duplicate expense.
It is well suited for tracking business travel expenses.
Emily Rimert profile photo
October 10, 2018

Do Not Waste Your Time Or Money!

We signed up for Certify to track our expenses better and more efficiently.
  • They were willing to work on pricing before we signed up.
  • Their system is outdated. The software could be good, but it seems they are not willing to update to get there.
  • They use a 3rd party linking system which will result in you having to manually reconnect your cards to the system weekly, or your reports will not pull in transactions correctly.
  • The way the users are set up, it makes no sense and has a very hard flow to things. You constantly have to ghost another user to approve expenses billed to a card that is added to your user.
  • They are not a customer-focused company who is concerned with their product or how their customers are treated and focused more on filling their pockets.
I would not recommend using them to anyone.

We contacted our reps and let them know the software was not working for us. We tried, but it left us doing more work than our prior manual process. After requesting our account to be terminated, we were given penalties to be paid for exiting our contract agreement early. We asked why we were being charged after our rep agreed to no penalties, and their answer was that they resolved all of our questions and concerns. So because they gave us information on how to get around their faulty system, we had to pay the penalties for ending the contract.

Do not waste your time or money on this software!

Read Emily Rimert's full review
Kathie Johnson profile photo
December 21, 2017

Certify at a Glimpse

• Create expense reports as easy as 1, 2, 3.
  • Uploads receipts and links together very easily.
  • Easy to run reports to get info needed.
  • When you set up employees' approvers you now have to key in their email address instead of the drop-down list for ones saved in the system already.
Computer friendly and employees don't have many questions on how to operate the system.
Read Kathie Johnson's full review
Heidi Williams profile photo
October 25, 2017

Great Product for Small Startups

• Certify's customer support is excellent. They are quick to answer, knowledgeable and friendly. Follow up and communication is always clear and efficient.
  • Certify manages multiple currencies well making it easy for employees to be reimbursed in their home currency regardless of the currency of the transactions.
  • The Certify app is easy to use to capture expenses while traveling.
  • We've experienced continual problems with our corporate card integration where transactions post to the wrong cardholder account. Customer support has always been willing to assist with teh correction but its frustrating that the manual correction is needed so frequently.
  • Some customization requires manual intervention (we require a custom field for all expenses but have to contact support any time we add or change an expense account so that the required filed can be added manually).
  • Certify does not integrate with our accounting software and the CSV export/import file does not bring in transaction level detail.
Certify is well suited to smaller organizations getting started with expense reimbursement. It met our needs quite well at a reasonable price when our organization was getting started. But as we scale and have more reporting needs we're not sure that Certify can scale with us. That said, we've been so happy with their support/service that we will be working wit them to try to find a solution before seeking other products.
Read Heidi Williams's full review
February 12, 2018

Well integrated expense management tool

• Easy to consolidate for expense track and management. When submitted with the expense, you will see where you are and you can remind the approver if necessary.
  • There is an app provided across IOS and Andriod platform so you can capture the receipts and upload every single time without going through scanning/uploading etc. It's very easy for the frequent traveler.
  • The approvers managing multiple organizations can also do very well with tracking and managing the expense.
  • I found there might be a slight synching up problem when you keep the expense report on your own device and there happened at times the report didn't sync up with the server properly.
It's particularly good for the frequent traveler and they can capture and submit the receipts very easily from their devices. This state-of-the-art design facilitates a great integration for expense tracking and management.
December 11, 2017

You get what you pay for

• Our employees seem to like Certify app mainly because you don't have to save paper receipts anymore and can submit your expense report from anywhere.
  • In theory credit card transaction import should help with company credit card reconciliation but as we learned there are issues with the process.
  • Certify gives managers ability to approve expenses when they are not being physically present in the office.
  • It would be nice to see more training for certify accountant users. There is not enough knowledge base material on the product, the system is not being used to its full potential due to lack of training resources.
  • P-card reconciliation report is not user-friendly and hard to work with. Dates of imported credit card transactions often don't match with dates on receipts.
  • Very busy interface, important data is scattered all over the report which makes it hard to keep track and make sure all the details in expense report are correct.
  • Lacks functionality to import data into our accounting software (Abila) and doesn't have the option to allocate expenses indirectly among cost centers.
The app is good for employees and managers who travel a lot - can submit and approve expenses anytime and anywhere. No need to complete paper expense reports.The software is moderately priced, might be a decent option for a small business, but buyer beware- you get what you paid for.
Jessica Curtis, CHFP, CRCA profile photo
March 23, 2017

Certify increases accuracy & saves hours on expense reporting

• Imports expenses automatically from American Express.
  • Quick approval process with notification emails of the status to the approving parties and submitter.
  • Certify "reads" your receipts and attempts to import certain values for you to create expense records that you can then edit and finalize.
  • Sometimes the receipt "read" function misinterprets values and creates more work than intended.
  • When you email receipts to Certify to add to your "wallet", it includes items like logo graphics from your digital signature in your email as potential receipt documents and crowds your receipt folder.
  • My phone saves photos (of receipts) in a large file format and won't allow me to change it. I also cannot resize them on my phone. Certify rejects these emailed files because they are so large, so I have to resize any receipt photos on my PC first and then send to Certify.
I think most business users, particularly those who travel and have a lot of expenses to report, will find that Certify is much faster and more convenient than an Excel spreadsheet (our old method). It helps ensure you don't miss any expenses and makes it convenient to submit receipts. It is also quick to identify which expenses were company-paid vs reimbursable, and creates user satisfaction in that it notifies the submitter of the approval process as it moves.
Read Jessica Curtis, CHFP, CRCA's full review
George Theofanous profile photo
February 28, 2017

A decent cheap solution, but you get what you pay for.

Certify is being used by my whole organization to track expenses.
  • Integration with Chase business credit card. It is easy and painless to register your Chase account; then your expenses flow automatically in from there.
  • The app makes it easy to capture receipts on the fly.
  • It is not clear how to edit a line item to add a receipt; I ended up having to re-add line items.
  • The overall workflow is clunky. Not clear why I need to "sync".
  • It should be easier to simply create a new expense report on the fly and automatically add ongoing receipts to that report directly.
It is well suited if you need an adequate expense tracking and reporting application for your company on a very limited budget. If your company requires expenses on a company card it is easy to integrate with company card accounts. However, if you have a decent budget, well-known solutions like Concur are clearly superior.
Read George Theofanous's full review

About Certify

Certify is a web-based travel, invoice, and expense management software provider for companies of all sizes. Certify helps make expense reporting easier with its automated expense report creation and mobile receipt capture, promises the vendor. Employees, managers and accountants can create, submit and approve expense reports, check the status of expense reports and access reports on demand.

Certify now offers integrated AP invoice management and payments. Certify offers a broad range of integrations, travel booking, live support for all users, and much more.

Certify Features

Has featureSpend Control
Has featureWorkflow Management

Certify Screenshots

Certify Integrations

Xero, NetSuite, Authorize.Net, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, SAP Financial Statement Insights, Stripe, PayPal Payments, Braintree, Workato, Salesforce, Sage ERP, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Micosoft Excel

Certify Competitors