Certify Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Tristan Dobbs | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Integration with AmTrav or other travel booking systems. Certify has a tight integration with travel systems that makes it feel nearly like one cohesive tool.
  • Easy expense options. Use OCR on receipts, import from credit cards and merge items, approve and inquire about expenses. Track your submissions.
  • Easy UI. Friendly and easy to navigate without getting lost.
  • Mobile app. The mobile app is basically a web view of the mobile version of the page and isn't native. That experience could be much smoother.
  • Certify hasn't implemented SSO completely according to the SAML 2.0 protocol, so which IdP workflows work, SP is still broken. This makes it harder to take action from a link in an email as you always need to use the IdP workflow specifically.
Read Tristan Dobbs's full review
Adam Neveu | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Receipt auto-fills when I scan it. This saves me a ton a time while traveling, especially when I am in a rush and on the go.
  • You don't need to be connected to the internet when uploading receipts! After a busy trip, I can scan all my receipts on the plane and when I land and turn data back on the expenses will upload from my app to the cloud.
  • Adding and managing new users is easy. The admin tools are very diverse and customizable making it easy for a growing company to add and manage users in the system.
  • Certify can become slow on busy expense days, making it a longer process to upload receipts and create a report online while at my PC.
  • Sometimes the autofill is incorrect, this is hard to really fix though I would assume, so just be careful when auto-filling your receipts.
  • The app seems to load up a web browser on some occasion and I am not sure why.
Read Adam Neveu's full review
Debbie SouthMitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Per diem wizard: we send employees all over the world and allocate different spending limits based on average costs per destination.
  • Map it function: takes the ease of trying to guess at mileage.
  • The flow: approvals are automatically sent to the right person.
  • New users are puzzled when trying to fill in location or vendor— they're blank and they don't know what to do.
Read Debbie SouthMitchell's full review
LaDarryl l.a. Hollingsworth | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 21, 2019

Use it anywhere!

Pros and Cons

• I like the Certify App. It's fast and responsive.
  • I like that it is extremely user-friendly on both mobile devices and desktops.
  • I like that the app doesn't take up a lot of pf space on my phone.
  • Auto texts generated from receipts are sometimes incorrect. So that feature is not 100% dependable. I don't always have to change them but I do always have to check them.
  • No way to view past expense reports.
  • Certify auto-assigns categories to expenses that are not always correct. So that feature is not 100% dependable. I don't always have to change them but I do always have to check them.
Read LaDarryl l.a. Hollingsworth's full review
Michael Palecek | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Upload receipts from computer/laptop.
  • See all expenses on a report and work with them.
  • Organize and read receipts from the receipt vault.
  • The automated reading of invoices from PDF is generally good, however, it is not always 100%. I do a fair number of purchases on Amazon and their PDF files are generally laid out very well and should be easy to classify from the data on it.
  • Some of the interface buttons are not clear on what they do, commands are hidden on pop out menus.
  • Creating a new expense report from a statement could use some work.
Read Michael Palecek's full review
Sheila Garcia | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Mobile upload - piling up receipts to staple to reports and turn in can be cumbersome. Thanks to Certify's mobile app, our team can easily take photos of their receipt and upload it immediately after making a purchase. The info is saved in their report and they can submit easily when needed.
  • Departmentalizes expenses - easy to create expense categories to allow our accountant an easy understanding of what is being spent in each category.
  • ACH payment - while we don't currently use it, I believe the ability to add ACH payment through Certify became an option in 2018, and was one we wanted to see added and glad they did! Now we just need to activate it on our end.
  • When you forward an expense report to a supervisor or co-worker, the expense form is no longer available for us to view. Or at least not that I have found. I wish there was a place for old reviewed/approved expense reports would be saved for easy reference to the past reports.
Read Sheila Garcia's full review

Pros and Cons

• The app is easy to follow and straightforward. You'd be hard-pressed to make a mistake.
  • The app can auto-populate your entire receipt/reimbursement paper, which is very helpful and time-saving.
  • Certify never provided clear instructions to me when I first downloaded it as to how exactly to process expenses. I find to figure it out myself through intuition and scrolling around.
  • The app itself, while easy to follow, isn't particularly aesthetically pleasing, as weird as that may sound. It kind of looks like what an app would look like in 2010 as opposed to 2020.

Pros and Cons

• Certify matches expenses with receipts that are uploaded automatically.
  • It's very easy to upload receipts to Certify through multiple ways including uploading from a computer or the mobile app and sending directly from email.
  • Most often, the categories that Certify auto-assigns to expenses are incorrect, so I have to always change them.

Pros and Cons

• It's easy to use, and requires little user training and intervention.
  • It allows for great flexibility in the general ledger setup.
  • I don't have any real complaints. Customer service is great and Certify is always adding functionality.
Linda Lavella | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2019

Happy with Certify!

Pros and Cons

• Certify has the tools to calculate mileage reimbursement from one location to another. The calculation is based on the amount that you want to reimburse per mile. Using this tool within Certify is much easier and quicker than having to go on a "MapQuest" type website to come up with this information.
  • A variety of reports are available in Certify to help track expenses by department, individuals or type of expense. Customized reports can also be added to Certify to provide data on "not so ordinary" expenditures.
  • I am not a user on Certify, only an administrator, but I have been told by many users how easy it is to use Certify. It was very much welcomed by our users when we started using Certify about 5 years ago.
  • When approving an expense, a manager has to approve it and submit it and a few times the manager approved it and never submitted it, thinking it was done.
  • We use the delegation tool that allows a manager to have another individual go into Certify and review and approve expenses for him. I find this feature a little difficult to find for setting this up and for the user to find. I have had to look it up in the support section of Certify.
  • On the screen when setting up a new user, a manager is set up to approve and there are two other fields that approvers can be added, a second approver and AP rep. When the second approver box is not populated, the expense keeps going back to the first approver. I have to put the AP Rep in as 2nd approver and AP approval.
Read Linda Lavella's full review
FRANCISCO OLIVEIRA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Organization & ease of view.
  • Easy, user-friendly interface.
  • Good customer service.
  • The option to have the edit screen already open as you move from one transaction line to the next.
  • More customization options (at least to the administrator).
  • More comprehensive reporting.
Read FRANCISCO OLIVEIRA's full review
Debbie Cochran | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 12, 2019

Certify is awesome!

Pros and Cons

• Easily upload pictures of receipts and upload into employee wallet.
  • Mileage is easily tracked for employees using a map and automatically calculates rate so that the employee doesn't have to calculate and eases errors.
  • Multiple reports are readily available for manager review.
  • Sometimes when downloading into accounting software the classes are input incorrectly. I'm not sure that this is a Certify problem or an accounting software issue.
Read Debbie Cochran's full review
Barbara coy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Certify is linked with our specific business credit card
  • The support team responds very quickly to answer any questions, etc
  • Certify is very user-friendly
  • We have asked Certify for improvements through the years and they have responded very well. At this time I do not see an area for improvement.
Read Barbara coy's full review
Jennifer McBride, CMA | TrustRadius Reviewer

• Ease of uploading receipts
  • Approval workflow is visible
  • Variety of reports available
  • I would like to see an administrator dash board with easy identification of where the users are in the report preparation process. Perhaps there is a report for this.
Read Jennifer McBride, CMA's full review
Randal Hauck | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• We have a constant need to keep track of job costing for our various projects. With Certify the process of getting the expenses into our accounting program is quick and easy. The "flags" within Certify for expenses that do not meet our requirements are easy to spot and correct.
  • Once an expense report has been approved it would be helpful if someone in our company had the ability to "un-approve" it if an error is noted and needs to be corrected. At this time a call to Certify is required to un-approve the report.
Read Randal Hauck's full review
Shari Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Ease of using the software.
  • Ability to upload receipts using a cell phone.
  • Ability to review and process expense reports effectively.
  • Limiting a dollar amount for specific categories. When an expense can only be charged to that category if it exceeds a set limit.
Read Shari Roberts's full review
Kelly Lesko | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Being able to read, and insert receipt information is helpful.
  • The payout to the employee is quick and mostly hands off.
  • This system has saved me hours of time because it is so easy to use.
  • When syncing to QuickBooks, enough information isn't transferred over.
  • My employees tell me the system doesn't always read the receipts correctly and the information needs to be redone.
  • Employees have told me the credit card upload doesn't work as cleanly as they had expected.
Read Kelly Lesko's full review
John Hunt | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Uses the companies own category list: this way it is tailored for our own use.
  • Stores receipts so that you don't have to keep up with them in a wallet or folder any longer.
  • Organizes the expenses in a simple way based on multiple factors.
  • Provides reminders.
  • The functionality works great, but occasionally there will be challenged with the app. One problem encountered is taking a photo of a receipt and being taken back to the log -in screen.
Read John Hunt's full review
Kevin Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Certify allows me to automatically generate expense reports for repetitive items.
  • Certify completely streamlines the entire approval process.
  • Certify allows me to get reimbursed much faster than ever before.
  • All my reimbursements are automatically directly deposited into my checking account within a matter of days versus weeks.
  • Certify makes keeping, sorting, and tracking receipts a breeze. It couldn't be better! you can upload, email, use an app, etc. It's fantastic in the office or on the go.
  • The Website and App interfaces are very user-friendly.
  • Certify allow me to import/upload receipts on the fly so that I never miss out or forget about an expensive or the specific amount. It also provides me a way to look back in time and compare as well.
  • Certify allows our organization's users in certify to rate and compare hotels they stay at an expense, restaurants, car rentals, and many other types of purchases. So we can literally see what other colleagues thought about it and how they rated their experience. This is something I have never had anywhere else before, without hours of Googling of course.
  • Certify could also include some automated spending control.
  • Certify could also implement some type of time tracking within it as well.
  • Certify could have something that is specific to accounting for projects.
  • Anything that could be added to help better and assist its users with tax management.
Read Kevin Brown's full review
Laura Berle | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Take a photo of the receipt and it is automatically saved
  • Because of the upload, paper receipts no longer need to be saved
  • It syncs really well into the monthly expense report so when it’s time to reconcile credit card transactions it’s all there
  • Capability to correct the transactions (which account, which project, $ amount etc.) works great
  • I use an iPad and when I try to touch things to edit they are placed a little too close to each other
  • When I do touch to edit, it should pull up in front of me. I didn’t realize that I had to arrow down to an item to continue to edit
Read Laura Berle's full review

Pros and Cons

• Customer service/support: They have an incredible team. We are fans of the chat option and 99.9% of the time our issues are solved within a 5-minute window.
  • Listening to customers: they are always looking for ways to improve their product. They have free conferences sprinkled around various cities. They are worth trending. They provide "what's new in Certify" as well as round-table discussions specifically addressing how their customers are using the product and what they have learned along the way.
  • Keeping their product up to date: Certify takes back various suggestions from the conference to enhance their product. I have been at every conference they have had and have actually seen customer suggestions get implemented into the program.
  • Reporting: I would like to see more chart availability from the program. We include various data points from Certify in our monthly financial statement package. Currently, we export data from the program and create our own pivot tables to create charts.
  • Dashboard feature: It would be nice to be able to use the data for a specific date and then be able to print that information.
  • Can't think of another one. As stated before, they listen to their customers so prior issues have been addressed and implemented.

About Certify

Certify is a web-based travel, invoice, and expense management software provider for companies of all sizes. Certify helps make expense reporting easier with its automated expense report creation and mobile receipt capture, promises the vendor. Employees, managers and accountants can create, submit and approve expense reports, check the status of expense reports and access reports on demand.

Certify now offers integrated AP invoice management and payments. Certify offers a broad range of integrations, travel booking, live support for all users, and much more.

Certify Features

Has featureSpend Control
Has featureWorkflow Management

Certify Screenshots

Certify Integrations

Xero, NetSuite, Authorize.Net, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, SAP Financial Statement Insights, Stripe, PayPal Payments, Braintree, Workato, Salesforce, Sage ERP, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Micosoft Excel

Certify Competitors