https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/v9/ED/3VPDVD13U87A.JPEGA well-designed, purpose-built tool. Loving it!Our Customer Success and Support teams use ChurnZero to guide our customers through an onboarding process and help to maintain the ongoing relationship. Previously, we had no visibility into which customers needed our attention, and ChurnZero's analytics give us just the visibility we need.,It's fairly easy for developers to bring the JavaScript code in to a SaaS tool and ChurnZero does a really great job at pulling all of that data in to a single place and allowing to view trends and report on that data. The concept of "Churn Score" is a really neat way to pull a bunch of pieces of data in to a single account record and to understand whether or not an account is healthy. This helps to avoid having to use just certain pieces of data as a proxy for customer health. The amount of flexibility the tool contains is awesome - their team has programmed everything we've asked for in order for us to get a better look at our customers.,Something that's supposed to be coming soon, but ChurnZero currently lacks a calendar integration, which is tough for us since we like to know when our customers have future meetings scheduled. The lack of email/message templates feels like the biggest miss for me. Having standard language - either for an individual or for an entire team - could be a huge time saver.,9,We've only had ChurnZero for a little while, but we're already really enjoying the straight-forward approach in locating and understanding customer data in a way that we didn't have before. We're able to get insights that simply didn't exist. The addition of NPS is awesome. We've never had an option to survey our customers, and starting to see that information roll in is really exciting.,Amity and Natero,Help Scout,1 to 5 peopleA great product for small to medium sized Customer Success TeamsWe currently use ChurnZero for the Customer Success team. However, my marketing team has access and sees a lot of value that could be gained once they start to leveraging it appropriately. We are somewhat early in the life cycle. My team has gained a lot of value in segmenting our accounts, creating alerts and pulling usage data. We plan on developing plays and automated tasks in the future.,Account Segments - we are now able to create extremely specific account segments. This allows us to approach each segment in a unique and tailored approach. Alerts - I now know when my accounts open up a ticket with my support team. I can get ahead of it or follow along if needed. Before I wouldn't have any visibility unless I was specifically made aware Usage stats - we are now able to get a much better view in the usage stats of our various features and functions. We can leverage these stats into our segments so that we are managing the correct accounts with the appropriate messaging.,There is a learning curve but that could be said with most all software. Once it became part of our daily process we started getting the hang of it pretty quick! The initial implementation seemed to take a long time. Of course there are always going to be some road blocks when bringing in a new system that isn't set to communicate with your own systems right out of the box. We are still working through some data issues. However, our rep is very helpful and extremely responsive.,9,The main positive I have seen is getting a holistic view of who our customers are and what they are doing with our application in place. Before, we had this information but it was not easily accessible and hard to interpret.,Gainsight and Totango,Slack, Zendesk, Salesforce.com,1 to 5 peopleAmazing Tool for Managing Customer Data in Real TimeSpark Hire is using ChurnZero in our Account Management department. We are specifically using this to manage a huge amount of data from our customers. This includes basic account info: contacts, plan, term, renewals, upsells, etc.... But we also use this software to manage our customer's usage data of our software platform. Each account has multiple users and unique use cases, so we are able to manage, organize, and segment this data in real time to help us gain more impactful insights on our customers. This allows us to pass along success metrics to new business, be proactive with struggling accounts, identify upsell opportunities, and ensure that our customers stay with us long-term. We also have different plays in place that we use to manage contact with our customers based off of their tenure with us.,Ease of Use - Despite the wide variety of tools, dashboards, views, etc..., the platform is incredibly easy to navigate and the display of data is not only aesthetically pleasing, but very easy to read through Customization - The different segments we are able to create allows standard users like myself to customize different views by the type of customer, feature usage, plan type, etc... It makes it so easy to segment my customers without having to run complex reports and manipulate the data myself. SalesForce Integration - most of our customer data is stored in SalesForce. Thanks to the integration, we didn't have to manually upload this data into ChurnZero. That would have been a nightmare. Alerts - We have standard team alerts and then have the ability to customize alerts with custom triggers. Not only do these alerts appear in the ChurnZero dashboard, but I can also have them emailed to me, and sent a private message thread on Slack's messaging service. Churn Score - Being able to create a custom Churn Score to measure the risk of customers churning has added tremendous value. We are able to have it synced up to the way our customers are using the platform, so we get a real-time and accurate score.,Email limitations - There isn't an ability to attach invoices and cc other users on the account. This would be helpful when sending renewal invoices as we typically send them to the main point of contact and a billing contact Customer contact layout can be more smooth. Any emails, tasks, or calls are clearly laid out in the "Tasks" tab on the customer's account. However we have a lot of emails that are sent through ChurnZero, these emails do not appear in the tasks tab. They appear in a separate tab titled "messages". When a manager or colleague is looking through our contact with a customer trying to help us out, it can be really hard to organize outreach when email messages appear in 2 different tabs.,9,More customer engagement points - Because each account manager manages a few hundred accounts with multiple contacts at each organization (some have as many as 50 contacts per account) it can be impossible to get regular touch points with these contacts and can lead to disengagement. We can automate a lot of this and send these contacts helpful contact with previously set up templates and plays Easier to track KPI's - Because everything is real time, we are easily able to see how much revenue we are managing at a time. What % is safe and % that is at risk of churn. Less churn from customers - Since we are easily able to see and segment struggling customers, it's easier to spend more time with struggling and disengaged customers. Plus we can see which features aren't being leveraged and we can spend more time pushing relevant content to customers/,1 to 5 peopleIncredibly easy to implementAs the manager of the Customer Experience org I look to ChurnZero to help me see a holistic view of the health of my accounts. I slice this information by company size, renewal date, contract value, etc. Our Customer Success Managers use ChurnZero to help them prioritize their proactive account outreach and quickly spot any spikes (up or down) in usage. Our Customer Marketing team uses ChurnZero for communications (both automated and manual). And finally, our onboarding people use ChurnZero to track the "Journey" through onboarding for all of our customers and measure whether we're falling behind anywhere.,The ChurnScore is very valuable and I like that it's easy to configure. We've made a few tweaks to it and it's become quite accurate at predicting potential churn. Onboarding was smooth and easy and quite quick. We were using it within about 3 weeks. Our customer success manager at ChurnZero has been very proactive with us in helping us use the product in deeper ways. I really like the way Segments work - they're like sophisticated filters that help me home in on very specific groups of customers.,The reporting could be more customizable and flexible. The current method of selecting columns to display in a report is a bit clunky and I can't always combine two angles to the data in the way that I want to. I wish I didn't have to log in every time - I think it would be nice for the product to remember me, even if it's just for a 24 hour period.,10,At first I feel like we only used ChurnZero as a reporting tool and we didn't take enough action on the data we were seeing. However, we've gotten stronger at relying on the information (the alerts, the score, the trends in usage) to take pre-emptive actions. It has helped us pay more attention to (and take action on) the "quiet" accounts - those accounts that don't clamor for our attention and we get lulled into thinking everything is okay. Often it's easy in the land of customer success to focus on the red or green accounts and forget about those yellow accounts in the middle - this helps us stay focused on moving those yellow accounts which is essential to our growth.,6 to 10 peopleHow meta!? I'm having a great onboarding experience in the SaaS tool that is supposed to help me improve onboarding in my own SaaS tool.We're the customer success team within a 17+ year old SAAS company — we've never had a dedicated success platform before, and have always used ad-hoc methods of trying to strategize for/retain our customers... We've mis-used our existing sales CRM tools in the past, and that got us only so far. Now that we've got ChurnZero, we're using it to more acutely manage the onboarding of new customers, and we're using the business intelligence, gathered from ChurnZero, to make decisions about how we'll proceed with certain new retention strategies. It's directly addressing an issue we've faced for years: having to build our own reporting and having to try to use that reporting info to help us direct our attention towards customers that are struggling to adopt our platform.,Connecting data between HubSpot (our CRM) and our own SAAS tool's back-end, so that we have vital stats, all in a single place, and can build views that help us cross-section our customer population for more strategic insights. The fact that it can allow us to build "health scoring" for our customer populations based on fairly specific & tailored criteria — that's been one of the most exciting benefits The ability to push data back out to other systems & live-export to Google Sheets has been really handy.,As you create your own "plays" (workflows) and NPS Campaigns, you're likely to take a misstep... but the system won't allow you to clean up some of those errant "Plays" and NPS campaign views... so the ensuing clutter can be a little annoying. This is a bit of a nit-pick, but certain primary data points cannot be used when factoring customer health-scores... Maybe, over time, this won't feel like a big issue, but as a new user — I had some plans to measure things a certain way, and I've found that I can't do it exactly as I'd ensivioned Lack of calendar/scheduling integration is a bit of an annoyance — I've heard that they'll likely have this in the future... but it's something that's so valuable to us that I'm struggling without it.,9,It's pretty soon after we implemented, but I'm already seeing meaningful impact on my ability to quickly judge how to spend my time on/with certain customers. Knowing, in the moment, when it will be the right time to re-engage with a customer... that's going to be a game changer for us. Being able to draw some metrics around our customer success team is going to make it easier to build a case for team expansion,Natero and Amity,HubSpot, Bugzilla, Mailchimp,1 to 5 people
ChurnZero

ChurnZero Reviews

ChurnZero
Showing 24 of 30 ChurnZero ratings and reviews.

Trevor Machinia profile photo
February 20, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "A well-designed, purpose-built tool. Loving it!"

Likelihood to Recommend

Really, ChurnZero was clearly specifically designed for the role of Customer Success Managers. If you need to understand how your SaaS Customers are doing, monitor customer health, and bring customers through specific journeys (like an onboarding process), ChurnZero is the way to go. If you don't support a SaaS tool and can't push usage data in to ChurnZero, it'll lose a lot of its value.
Read Trevor Machinia's full review
Hardin Lovett profile photo
February 20, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "A great product for small to medium sized Customer Success Teams"

Likelihood to Recommend

I believe it is a great tool for small to medium size Customer Success teams whose client base is also in the SMB sector. It seems more than powerful enough to solve our unique business problems. However it is not a huge enterprise level piece of software. I think it is a perfect fit for our team but there are still some things we need to work out.
Read Hardin Lovett's full review
Austen Duzey profile photo
November 30, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Amazing Tool for Managing Customer Data in Real Time"

Likelihood to Recommend

Very helpful for software organizations where you need to measure specific usage points from your customers in real time. Helpful when you use a CRM like Salesforce where you want the data automatically imported and easily manipulated. It's great when you need to be able to segment your customers my different points. Helpful when you need to easily organize your customer accounts by: plan, plan length, tenure, etc...
Read Austen Duzey's full review
Heather Foeh profile photo
October 29, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Incredibly easy to implement"

Likelihood to Recommend

When I first bought ChurnZero I thought that maybe it was only well-suited to companies that have a small-ish number of customers (say, under 300) but now that I've been using it for a year I don't agree with that assessment. I think it can handle scale well and I don't see us outgrowing it. If you only have one or two CSMs then it's probably not needed, but once you start trying to manage a team of CSMs and measure the health of their accounts, this tool becomes essential.
Read Heather Foeh's full review
Alex Dingley profile photo
February 15, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "How meta!? I'm having a great onboarding experience in the SaaS tool that is supposed to help me improve onboarding in my own SaaS tool."

Likelihood to Recommend

For a software implementation team — working with customers who will onboard your software: I think it's absolutely perfect for that situation. But if you're not a SaaS tool... or if your SaaS tool doesn't have meaningful actions that can be tracked as 'usage metrics', then I suppose it's not as ideal for you.
Read Alex Dingley's full review
Lisa Hern profile photo
January 26, 2019

Review: "ChurnZero Helps You Manage Your Churn Proactively!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I think ChurnZero is superior to other customer success platforms in that it has all the key features (segments, journeys, plays) but is not as cumbersome to use. The system is fairly intuitive and you can navigate it simply, as opposed to some of the other systems I have seen in the customer success world. The ability to pull data from our own platform, as well as our CRM and other systems helps provide a consolidated view, a real dashboard for management of accounts. The churn score is important and the variables that make that score up really make it helpful in knowing which of my accounts needs the most attention. This system can really help a team take a more proactive approach to account management than having to navigate from one data source to another to try to piece together an accurate picture of potential churn.
Read Lisa Hern's full review
Jordan Kruger profile photo
January 08, 2019

User Review: "Love ChurnZero!"

Likelihood to Recommend

It is very appropriate for sales and customer success to track customer usage and how we can better reach out to them. It is pretty much good to be used in any type of scenario when you are interacting with clients, not so much for internal teams such as finance/product/design, etc.
Read Jordan Kruger's full review
Andrew Shanks profile photo
December 28, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Helping to organize a quickly growing company"

Likelihood to Recommend

ChurnZero is great because before we started using them we had a horrid excel spreadsheet that was impossible to keep up with. Since using ChurnZero we've had a much better pulse on what's going on with our clients so we can spot trouble before it arises. Far better than the "surprise cancel" we used to get and we'd be blindsided by it.
Read Andrew Shanks's full review
Lauren Grant profile photo
November 07, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero - changed the game for our CS team!"

Likelihood to Recommend

ChurnZero is great for any subscription-based models or those with a large book of business. Working at a SaaS company, it's imperative to understand product adoption/engagement on a daily basis and ChurnZero has helped tremendously with that.
Read Lauren Grant's full review
Pamela Castillo profile photo
November 07, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Great business tool to consider"

Likelihood to Recommend

Overall, ChurnZero is a great tool to help a team become more proactive rather than reactive when it comes to client issues. Not only does it help you prevent issues, but its also a great way to track the good behavior from your clients and it gives you the opportunity to reach out to them and celebrate this behavior.
Read Pamela Castillo's full review
Preston Lam profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero Support is Efficient and Effective!"

Likelihood to Recommend

ChurnZero is great to keep track of a lot of customers, being able to set up tasks and alerts for our team helps to keep everyone organized and on track.

It is less appropriate when sending marketing emails because we aren't able to edit email templates on the fly.
Read Preston Lam's full review
Jill Roberts profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero gives you great insight into your client's health & performance."

Likelihood to Recommend

If you have several clients on different customer journeys, ChurnZero has all the tools to engage with each client in a specific way. It doesn't bunch everyone into one group. You have the opportunity to send out automated "plays" in order to talk to your clients and discuss areas of improvement.
Read Jill Roberts's full review
Rex Muhlestein profile photo
October 02, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero - Top CRM Software"

- Task Default Setup & Tracking
The following are detailed areas that CZ provides that demonstrates a more comprehensive CRM solution. There are more features than this list, as as the ability to auto generate email campaigns. But, these are the main features that I have not seen in any other CRM in the current market.

Main Features Valued:
- Log Activities
- Journeys used to section like customer groups
- Customer Tagging
- Attachments
- Sales Product Details
- NPS Customer Rating and Tracking
Read Rex Muhlestein's full review
Sharon Peer profile photo
September 27, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Productive churn insights early in the journey"

Likelihood to Recommend

ChurnZero is a very powerful tool to segment your customers according to different parameters like product events, demographics, seniority and much more. Segmenting customers might help you to better understand what customers are at risk of churning and react accordingly whatever it be manually by creating tasks to your CSM agents or by automatic playbooks.
Read Sharon Peer's full review
Shona Nicolle profile photo
November 30, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Fight Churn!"

Likelihood to Recommend

ChurnZero is very well suited for looking at real time information and knowing exactly what is happening with your customers at any given time. ChurnZero is less suited for deep analysis and predictive reporting.
Read Shona Nicolle's full review
Peter Bollinger profile photo
November 12, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Life saving software!"

Likelihood to Recommend

• ChurnZero has been great in alerting me when a client has not logged into their system in a given period of time.
  • ChurnZero has helped me identify who the primary user of the system is and who the other users are.
  • ChurnZero has helped me find contacts to build relationships with where I may not have had any.
Read Peter Bollinger's full review
November 18, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Maker Your Job Easier"

Likelihood to Recommend

This tool is extremely helpful when monitoring client health based on your interactions with them. Whether you're seeing activity or the client journey/growth, seeing the picture as a whole makes your job easier. Alerts, Net Promoter Scoresall - of these features are easy to manage. Depending on the volume of clients, account management can be tough. ChurnZero centralizes a lot of the information under one platform.
February 27, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero--amazing tool"

Likelihood to Recommend

ChurnZero is well suited when a client is deciding whether to renew services with us and is mass exporting our data in the mean time. This helps us filter through the double talk and help the client reach a resolution faster. This is extremely helpful during new client on-boarding process. It alerts you to first login, first everything, and can help the client get more familiar with our software.

Role-based user permissions (22)
API (20)
Integration with Salesforce.com (15)
Product usage (23)
Help desk / support tickets (20)
NPS surveys (18)
Sponsor tracking (9)
Customer profiles (23)
Automated workflow (23)
Internal collaboration (19)
Customer health scoring (24)
Customer segmentation (24)
Customer health trends (24)
Engagement analytics (24)
Dashboards (24)

About ChurnZero

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform aims to help subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) allows the business to understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses customer health and likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. The vendor says ChurnZero customers see ROI in terms of more productive and better informed customer success managers who can provide their customers with better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.

ChurnZero Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureCustomer segmentation
CSM Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureCustomer health trends
Has featureEngagement analytics
Does not have featureRevenue forecasting
Has featureDashboards
Does not have featureCustomer lifetime value
Does not have featureChurn rate
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Has featureAPI
Has featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Marketo
Does not have featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureIn-app communication